#1 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:38 AM

#PrayForParis

My thoughts and my heart are with Paris.

CTvLzbRW4AAnapN.jpg

Edited by Buffiies, 14 November 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#2 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts
  • LocationOver there! *points to popcorn machine*
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

Apparently it's also happening in Japan, not just Paris.

#3 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

Apparently it's also happening in Japan, not just Paris.

u joking right?

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

My best wishes go to all the people in France. Even more to all the people involved into this.

Je suis Paris.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:21 AM

The families of the people who died because of this cowards terroristic attacks have me deepest sympathy. 

Edited by Popcorn, 14 November 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#6 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

#PrayForParis

ribbon-black_68.png

"In memory of the victims of the attacks in Paris"

Edited by Cortiz, 14 November 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#7 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

I'm kind of disappointed by some of the comments placed in this topic. It is a sad tragedy what's going on right now, you whom are far across the ocean in the USA (or near USA) should show some sympathy, especially when we did too for you about 911. We have thousands of refugees spread across Europe, in hope to give them a better life, unfortunately some of the terrorists came along. The thing is we are like next to the countries where terrorists origin from, therefore we are their first and easy target. We try to eliminate the terrorists with our soldiers, and when they find unfortunate death they do get their worthy funeral, and are respected for a life time. We did see it coming and tried to avoid such situation, however when one tries to help others try to take advantage of it, and so did the terrorists when we tried to help the refugees. About your 'veterans' we do respect them, as we also reminisce their bravery and those who are lost. Regarding hospitality deaths, totally different subject which is also as important. #PrayforParis #PrayfornofurtherAttacks

#8 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

It is disrespectful to those who died in Paris to qualify what happened and I hope none of those posting here offtopic ever get in that situation.

My condolence to the affected families and friends in France!

Edited by iMatt, 14 November 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

Since some people felt disturbed by others who wanted to show some respect and solidarity with the victims and the families of the tragedy which happened in Paris in the ROSE forums I decided to move this topic to the offtopic section.

I hope that in this section more respect is shown instead of thinking that Gravity Stocks for example is more important than the life of real people which have been ended unexpectedly by this tragedy. 

I also cleaned up all these disrespectful postings.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

I don't think that sarcasm has any room in this situation.

#11 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Feuer made some very valid points, I think the only one truly disrespected here was him. 

This whole situation really is fear mongering, by spreading all this bullox the terrorists are winning, but... meh

#ViveLaParis 

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

Please feel free to contact Warnhal about it.

This is now in the offtopic section and no one forces you to read it. 

Edited by Dragonlark, 14 November 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#13 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

You can go ahead and remain ignorant to the fact that, people don't come to the WarpPortal forums, to read news, or hear fear mongering bullcrap. 

I stay away from news papers, and TV for that very reason. 

Sorry for what happened, sorry to those that are affected. - But if you want to pay respects, go donate to whatever charity is exploiting this attack for profit. 

This is a gaming website, not a, 

Lets go pay respects to people we don't even know because they died, meanwhile thousands of people starve to death every day. , and now because I wrote hashtag paris, I am a good person. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 14 November 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

Really? Cause

Spoiler

it still shows the link in the Community Section, where the thread is 'populated' is different than where it is link from* 

And, I already sent him a PM about it. Cheers. 

#15 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

How can I get attention by this post? I don't want attention.

I know at least one player from France and am sure it's not only him that is playing Rose Online that is from France. This event is so sad and terrifying. I want to show love to the France's players/France's population and tell them that they are in my thoughts. I can do that these days because this amazing thing called ''Internet''.

I know thousands of people is dying because they starve to death, that doesn't mean we can talk about this. Both things are important.

I agree with you, this isn't Rose Online related but we always have some topics that aren't Rose related, I know it was wrong by me to post it here, I should posted it on the ''off-topic'' section. Thank you Popcorn MOD to move it for me.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

How can I get attention by this post? I don't want attention.

Then why don't you quietly pray or give a moment of silence without posting about it? If it was about internal satisfaction and earnest hurt, you wouldn't need to make it public. 

Edited by Feuer, 14 November 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

There's no reason why not to post it in the public to show sympathy and solidarity. Many nations show solidarity in public by for example lighting buildings in the colors of the french ensign.

If you have a problem with this topic, Feuer, please stay away from it and stop attacking others for it. Thank you.

#18 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

My best wishes to the people who lost loved once in what happens in paris #prayforparis

I hope these kinda things will stop in the future, its really horrible these kinda things.

#19 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

haven't read anything else mentioned here, 

But lets just say, Your family DID die in this TRAGIC event, 

All you want to do, is get away from it, come play your favorite game, 
You go to check the forums, to which game you play, is your favorite, and here is another sick reminder of what just happened. 

If this was done with good intentions  or not is beyond relevant, the fact is, this is an upsetting subject, and does not belong here. 

Also, since when is overgeneralized sincerity, actually ever sincere? 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 14 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

@ Popcorn

Nuh uh, not gonna fly. You wonna know the reason? Let's apply your reasons to MY side of the argument shal we?

You're tell me, 'if you don't like it, then stay away from it'.

So, if i myself don't like it, why don't you tell Buffies to post it somewhere else? I find this topic just as offensive and disgusting as you find my opposition to it. 

You're also saying that because I disagree with it, I'm attacking people for it?

Where did I attack anyone? I asked a question why the decision was made to make a public post about it. I also used adjective to describe the feelings I have. None of it was an attack, I did not damage anyone irreparably, I did not slander anyone over it. I simply described the act of the posting publicly as it as felt to be wrong, unjust, and exploitative. 

If anyone got attacked here, it was me. I had my opinions deleted, I was told to essentially 'go away' and told my opinion doesn't matter. Why? Because you don't agree? 

Yes, cultures do publicly display mourning, other cultures also RESPECT THE DEAD. You don't have a gathering in a graveyard to show public support for the lost. You can't justify this argument based on cultural observances, and you can't justify exploitation of the dead and suffering with 'best wishes'. 

Above all, how do you know I'm not completely irritated about this because me, someone I know, or someone has told me that they were actually deeply wounded by this event, and find the attention it's getting completely destructive to their own mourning process. That they feel "like I just can't get away from it, it's everywhere and people won't leave it alone. I just want to escape for one moment to myself". Did you ever consider that? 

A gaming forum is no place for this type of conversation, and it should be removed, out of the sheer respect that you don't know what those people are feeling, and you can't possibly hope to justify these actions with 'good intent' if it's actually harming or possess the ability to harm them or upset their feelings. PERIOD. It's disrespectful! 

Edited by Feuer, 14 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

Feuer, I think you need a bit of vacation from the forums. 2 days should be enough.

#22 RositaWG

RositaWG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

why so much drama about a topic made to show respect? because it was in france? because is not rose related? what about french players? they don't deserve someone to show them some condolence or solidarity ? shame on those comments just saying!!! #prayforparis #jesuisparis

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

A user wanted to express his feelings and his sympathy regarding what happened. Everyone does. Facebook, Twitter, Public Buildings. You see sympathy everywhere. You guys are ruining this by starting arguments about it. 

This topic was made with pure good intentions. Same for all the other users posting here to show their particular sympathy. It's okay you don't agree but it should also be okay for all the others to show their solidarity and sympathy. It's just a shame that you guys just didn't stay away from this topic if you don't like it. Instead you're attacking others for having feelings regarding this tragedy.

Edited by Popcorn, 14 November 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#24 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

I did more attacking than Feuer did, just saying..... 

Either way though, I've said what I've wanted to say, Feuer was able to say hardly anything he wanted to say because the mods here love their censorship abilities. 

It sucks what happened, going around with #ViveLaFrance isn't going to undo what happened, just remind those it did happen.  Being mournful, or having sympathies is respectful. 
But I do not respect a society that constantly remind others of their loss. 

The reminders are already everywhere. Why do the victims need another reminder here? 
Why do the attackers need another...  practically AWARD for what they did (in their sick minds) here. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 14 November 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Everyone does. Facebook, Twitter, Public Buildings. You see sympathy everywhere.

And where should the hurt people go to get away from it? You'd imagine a game or game forum where the point is to relax and be enchanted by magic, but noooo.

Leave those posts where they belong, social media and the news. This is no place for that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users