27 replies to this topic

#1 geekeys

geekeys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

This error occurs when using frequent animation-cancelling while in Time Reverse for long amount of time inside a map. Can you look into this? Kinda cripples knight usage as most of their skills rely on animation-cancel.

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

Summon Popcorn!

[System] : Not enough MP.

JK! I was looking for the answer, it is floating somewhere in the patch notes but I can't find it yet.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:14 AM

This error occurs when using frequent animation-cancelling while in Time Reverse for long amount of time inside a map. Can you look into this? Kinda cripples knight usage as most of their skills rely on animation-cancel.

Nope. Canceling animations is not wanted. It's a client bug that an error occurs. For sure we will look into this in the future. We will remove the possibility to cancel animations as soon as we are able to.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

No please don't neft dragoon anymore...don't do this Popcorn...too little people play dragoon already. And cancelling animation is not the cause, I can prove it.

Edited by SoulSight, 23 November 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

No please don't neft dragoon anymore...don't do this Popcorn...too little people play dragoon already. And cancelling animation is not the cause, I can prove it.

That IS the cause. And we will make the game like it should be. Canceling animations were never intended.

Should we again discuss about advantages gotten by bug/exploit using? I think we shouldn't.

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

It was because of my weak computer, not the game. It was my fault, not the game's fault.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

This error occurs when using frequent animation-cancelling 

This ^

And he is right. It is when canceling animations. And the error occurs because of a bug when the server gives a wrong answer. And the server gives a wrong answer because it doesn't expect an animation to be canceled, because the client should prevent animation canceling, but doesn't. And that's client bug not something intended. That's all to say about it.

Edited by Popcorn, 23 November 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

This is a mistrust situation. You must trust me, I'm going to make a record.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

This is a mistrust situation. You must trust me, I'm going to make a record.

It may happen to you because of other reasons, but the animation canceling is a reason for it - I already told you in the past. No need to make any record. I just told you that canceling the animation IS a reason for this error message and just stop canceling the animations helped a lot already.

#10 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

Animation canceling is unintended is said so. But will you, popcorn, or any other staff consider ever buffing dragoons or ninjas considering how underplayed and underused they are? If we do manage to have the animation cancel implemented. It cripples dragoons and ninjas, and I do not know if you know how bad the situation for ninjas and dragoons are currently in pvp. Considering pve, all you need is 5 skills and I can have a decent clear speed. While in pvp a lot more things are necessary and requires a little bit of more thinking than a few skills to be looked at.

#11 geekeys

geekeys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

Is animation-cancel really that bad? I mean after using Broom Jab my knight stands still for another 1 sec or so, and I get it that it has knock down but kinda defeats the purpose of the disable if you're also disabled.

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Animation canceling is unintended is said so. But will you, popcorn, or any other staff consider ever buffing dragoons or ninjas considering how underplayed and underused they are? If we do manage to have the animation cancel implemented. It cripples dragoons and ninjas, and I do not know if you know how bad the situation for ninjas and dragoons are currently in pvp. Considering pve, all you need is 5 skills and I can have a decent clear speed. While in pvp a lot more things are necessary and requires a little bit of more thinking than a few skills to be looked at.

I never said that we will change that before we do skill balancings PvP wise. But we also won't "fix" something that is not intended. When the game crashes it's sadly because something is done what's not intended to be done. That's the sad truth. No company/developer would fix a bug to make a better bug of it :)

Edited by Popcorn, 23 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#13 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Guess something like speeding up the recovery animation will also be done at some point... Well at least I kind of hope so, else that's another blow to skill-reliant classes compared to attack speed ones.

Edit by Homurasan who likes writing like a mod : Popcorn OP, needs speed nerf.

Edited by Homurasan, 23 November 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#14 geekeys

geekeys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

" that's another blow to skill-reliant classes compared to attack speed ones."

This. With all those attack speed classes rising, the skill based ones are left behind because they're too slow.

#15 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

I have recorded a video. It will be infinitely unintelligent if i post a whole 43 minutes to prove that i 100% did not cancel animation, make watchers expand their eyes to see every crosscut and spear jab to know that if I am honest or not. Also i was using free Bandicam, there is disconnection every 10 minutes and I won't connect every single tape, upload for my argument.

https://www.facebook...697886879804312

An observation i have made is "You can't use it yet." From the beginning to the Dark Altar, I didn't even use a single hp potion. Seeing that the bug hasn't happened, at 4:04, I started tapping 1 more frequently until...

So I claim "You can't use it yet." . I have not tried other situation but I will have got it done!

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

As I said... it may be a reason for you, but I don't get why you can't accept that animation canceling triggers this "abnormal client termination" error anyway.

Do you think there could be only the one ultimate reason for error messages and it's always yours? :p_err:  

#17 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

Because I don't want to see Dragoon to be nefted anymore.

Also it's just unwritten that it could be cancelled except Shield Strike; similar with superamor case, no skill is ever written.

And you have seen that both not cancelling animation and cancelling trigger abnormal client termination. What's the independent variable here?

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:41 PM

Because I don't want to see Dragoon to be nefted anymore.

Also it's just unwritten that it could be cancelled except Shield Strike; similar with superamor case, no skill is ever written.

And you have seen that both not cancelling animation and cancelling trigger abnormal client termination. What's the independent variable here?

I don't want to discuss with you any longer. Really not. As I said before: We won't fix something until we re-balance the classes PvP wise, but do you really think you could achieve that we don't fix it just by saying: "It can't be something that is not allowed to be"? 

For the last time: the animation canceling does trigger this error message and I know that because I helped many people telling them they should stop cancel the animations. Also I told you that I trust you that YOU have specific situations where this happens. I for example have never such error message. However, the OP already said it happens if he cancels the animation too much, so why do you claim that isn't the reason even though I told you many times, that this IS one reason for it? Why do you always want to be the only one who is right and why do you always want to have the last word?

You complained to me because you said you had the feeling a topic was dead because you said something. Did it ever came to your mind that the players think : "Okay then he should have the last word and we are not bothered anymore?"

I would take this into consideration.

#19 geekeys

geekeys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

btw, I played from sea server before and I haven't gotten this error at all from playing knight. Does this have to do with the network or ping?

Edited by geekeys, 23 November 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#20 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

I for example have never such error message. However, the OP already said it happens if he cancels the animation too much, so why do you claim that isn't the reason even though I told you many times, that this IS one reason for it? Why do you always want to be the only one who is right and why do you always want to have the last word?

You complained to me because you said you had the feeling a topic was dead because you said something. Did it ever came to your mind that the players think : "Okay then he should have the last word and we are not bothered anymore?"

I would take this into consideration.

I'm sorry, Popcorn. I was suppressed. I don't know if you ever played Dragoon.

However, it does not affect significantly because i've been pvp-ing and nothing happens so far.

Dragoons have always been considered mid-tier pvp and mid-tier pve so this fix is not very urgent at the moment.

#21 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

I'd love to see animation cancelling removed. I always do it with slow heal and quagmire, and I'm trying to break the habit. It cost me quite a bit in perfect hunches after disconnecting in F6, with the disconnects, which is my own fault of course.

#22 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:12 AM

There has never been any cases except Dragoon.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

Wrong. It happens with every class when canceling animations too often. I doubt you can see tickets or look into my PMs.

And now stop the discussion. It is definitely fact that we will fix this bug as soon as skill balancing for PvP will be done.

#24 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:31 AM

Every class has abilities it can animation cancel, some are stupidly easy to do others require you to in a frame or two.

#25 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

It's interesting to know that it happens to every class. I'd like to wait to know more how rare these cases are. These are cancelable skill each class

Dragoon : Sword Dance, Spear Jab, Parry, Increased Defense, Giant Growth, Armor Break, Joint Break, Weapon Suspension, Weapon Crasher, Crosscut, Shield Strike, Recovery Blessing.
Overlord : Sword Dance, Grizzly Power, Weapon Quicken, Wild Rage.

Invoker : Slow Heal, (Casting Acceleration?), Instant Heal, Wide Heal, (Striking?), HP restore.

Sorcerer : Slow Heal, Blizzard.

Sentinel : Archer's quickness, TRAPs (no claymore), Tesla Coil.

Destroyer : Archer's quickness, Crux Shot, Sniping, Adrenaline.

Savage : Rolling Stinger, Provoke.

Ninja : (Violent Blow?).

I don't play Dragonkin so i don't know. And guild buff.

-> Dragoon is the class that cancel animation most because of tons of stupid main skills.
-> Sentinel is likely the 2nd class that cancel animation skill most. I'm gonna find out with my Sentinel (just don't say I don't trust you, we all speak with personal experience).
-> Many others do have cancelable skill but likely not many skills are repeated frequently.

However, Blizzard, Rolling Stinger and Sniping can be also cancelled by move button. I'm interested to find out how the system works differently and if it triggers the bug.

Another story : Considering that canceling animation triggers the bug, I tried gfarm alone 15 rounds at Dragon Valley. Obviously I don't have time for those unwanted animation, i make 2 minutes each run -> i spent 30 minutes spamming, canceling and nothing happened. Explanation?

Edited by SoulSight, 24 November 2015 - 05:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users