The DOTA2 traders in Eden are a horrible sight and WP is useless. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The DOTA2 traders in Eden are a horrible sight and WP is useless.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#1 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:47 PM

ASliuqQ.jpg

I reported this piece of trash 1 week ago, I have still gotten no response from the GMs in the ticket and the trash remains. The characters I reported previously to this one were all handled relatively expediently, but the problem was never addressed at its core. This time things have taken way too long, and I'm honestly tired of sending in report after report doing the GMs' work for them because this has been a chronic problem that has been going on for ages before I even bothered to start reporting.

As such I am also going to post screenshots (character names excluded to abide by forum policy) of all the DOTA2 traders I have reported thus far so that they and WP will get some public shaming and perhaps get WP to finally do something about this problem to save face.

Why am I posting this salt thread? Because this is a problem that will give any new players we get a horrible impression, in one of the most publically visible places no less. This problem can be solved entirely with just one routine patrol by the GM team per day on just this one map, this problem is far easier to permanently solve than botting, and apparently you guys can't even do that.

Spoiler

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

I can only see this getting worse once that one game launches.

And the resulting irony will be glorious.

#3 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

i dont think there will be many direct players from iro for that game tho

sad thing is if you made this thread a month later those people would still be there = [

#4 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

Ugh.. we really need a better vending/auction system

#5 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

I just noticed the "skypeFreeZeny" chatbox in the screenshot I took.

Seriously, police the 1st floor of Eden please. >_>

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

i skype for free gears honey. using hot chick with cleavage as my picture

#7 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Problem here is it literally takes 5 seconds to make a new account to pull this off. And for the GMs to get rid of this guy they would have to ban each and every one of these accounts for no reason other than them opening a chat saying 'B>DOTA2 Items for Zeny', which I don't think is what they're supposed to do. It's against the rules, but not ban on sight against the rules.

It's not really that huge of an issue anyway to be honest, Eden is a horrible mess by itself and one extra chatbox doesn't make it much worse. Don't think it's going to have an effect on new players either, if they haven't already been turned away by the endless gold sellers and bots on every low level map. iRO is way way down there when it comes to good impressions on newcomers.

#8 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

Problem here is it literally takes 5 seconds to make a new account to pull this off. And for the GMs to get rid of this guy they would have to ban each and every one of these accounts for no reason other than them opening a chat saying 'B>DOTA2 Items for Zeny', which I don't think is what they're supposed to do. It's against the rules, but not ban on sight against the rules.

It's not really that huge of an issue anyway to be honest, Eden is a horrible mess by itself and one extra chatbox doesn't make it much worse. Don't think it's going to have an effect on new players either, if they haven't already been turned away by the endless gold sellers and bots on every low level map. iRO is way way down there when it comes to good impressions on newcomers.

Bots were not a mess back when there was only 5-10 people doing it. So by the same logic, I guess we just got to let them grow until its uncontrollable before we start complaining, eh?

#9 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:16 AM

Bots were not a mess back when there was only 5-10 people doing it. So by the same logic, I guess we just got to let them grow until its uncontrollable before we start complaining, eh?

Not sure how you extrapolated my post to come to that conclusion. First of all, botting is a whole different ballpark and it's something that actually is a ban on sight offense. Secondly, banning those individual botters back then wouldn't have made a difference because it's not their accounts that cause the problem. It's the botting software and the people who RMT from them. Simply banning players whenever there's a problem like this won't achieve much in the long run, you have to strike at its source.

Similarly in this case, ban his account and he'll make a new one within seconds.

#10 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:27 AM

During a private conversation with VModCinnamon regarding this subject he had this to say about these traders:
zzV8ljt.png

The implication there is that these traders are doing very illegal things, that we should not be tolerating their existence, and that the GMs should be taking this problem seriously.

I know iRO has a dozen more problems besides this, but that does not mean we should not deal with the problems we can reasonably address. This is a problem located on just one small map, Eden 1st Floor, it should not be unreasonable to ask for the CMs and GMs to properly police this high-traffic area against troublemakers like these.

It's also worth noting that after my first batch of reports around 09/24, a couple days passed where I did not see a single DOTA2 trader in Eden. The problem came back after that and the endless reporting began again, but yeah.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 24 November 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#11 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM

"It's not really that huge of an issue anyway to be honest, Eden is a horrible mess by itself and one extra chatbox doesn't make it much worse."

If anything, this is worse than the botting issues. Some of them (if not all) are not legitimate sellers and will scam players off their gears.

Banning those players from the beginning is meant to enforce the rule, so as to discourage people from false/irrelevant advertising in this game. Otherwise, you'll see that it will get out of hand. Already there is some other advertising (skype stuff) taking place.

If we don't discourage these people from the beginning, it will get worse, just like the legalization of card enlargement/grf edits/etc policy (which is a stupid move, imo). Why do you think WP legalize those? Because they weren't doing enough to prevent it from the beginning.

Another example. Do you see the difference between the botting issues in pRO and iRO? WP can only manage to reduce the botting impact in this server, but you can see from pRO players that they feel iRO is much better than pRO already.

#12 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:38 AM

Hmm. From what I understand, while the message does say the trades are illegal (which they are, of course) and for you to report them immediately (an appropriate response to witnessing any illegal activity, to be honest, regardless of its severity) it does not imply that the GMs will be banning these accounts on sight. 

The reason is I feel like this is one of those offenses which some players are potentially capable of committing by mistake, as opposed to something very blatantly illegal like botting or cheating. I'm fairly certain the standard procedure in every case is to investigate the individual being reported before jumping to conclusions and banning them straight away (although it has happened before, guess it just says a lot about the consistency and reliability of the GM team).

"It's not really that huge of an issue anyway to be honest, Eden is a horrible mess by itself and one extra chatbox doesn't make it much worse."

If anything, this is worse than the botting issues. Some of them (if not all) are not legitimate sellers and will scam players off their gears.

Banning those players from the beginning is meant to enforce the rule, so as to discourage people from false/irrelevant advertising in this game. Otherwise, you'll see that it will get out of hand. Already there is some other advertising (skype stuff) taking place.

If we don't discourage these people from the beginning, it will get worse, just like the legalization of card enlargement/grf edits/etc policy (which is a stupid move, imo). Why do you think WP legalize those? Because they weren't doing enough to prevent it from the beginning.

Another example. Do you see the difference between the botting issues in pRO and iRO? WP can only manage to reduce the botting impact in this server, but you can see from pRO players that they feel iRO is much better than pRO already.

Yes, I agree, it's an issue and it needs to be stamped out. Banning them, however, isn't going to enforce the rules nor is it going to discourage them, because they can just make a new account within seconds to continue whatever illicit activities they were engaging in. I'm not against punishing this sort of behaviour but what you are suggesting is not the correct way to go about it, in my opinion.

#13 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

Most Eden Dota2 traders also have their posts on facebook

What an unoccupied Pserver GM would do:

1) Create a fake fb account and start fishing and interacting

2) Pretend to be a dealer

3) Ask for information: Ign (main), set up deals

4) Open Admin panel

5) Look up all accounts and chars on the same ip

6) Ban ban ban

7) Run Item editor

8) Delete items

That's how I used to do lol Very precarious but still wipes a chunk of RMTraders and 3rd party programs advertisers. Funny thing you notice It's always the same people.

But I doubt any WP GM would be so proactive. No offense.

#14 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

As such I am also going to post screenshots (character names excluded to abide by forum policy) of all the DOTA2 traders I have reported thus far so that they and WP will get some public shaming and perhaps get WP to finally do something about this problem to save face.

Why am I posting this salt thread? Because this is a problem that will give any new players we get a horrible impression, in one of the most publically visible places no less. This problem can be solved entirely with just one routine patrol by the GM team per day on just this one map, this problem is far easier to permanently solve than botting, and apparently you guys can't even do that.

You seem unusually angry. Perhaps you should change your avatar for this one. It's creating some dissonance.

#15 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:25 AM

I wouldn't say "angry" so much as I am frustrated. It gets old reporting the same map for the same problem again and again endlessly, especially when this time around the report went untouched for a week.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:35 AM

They looked at the ticket: "oh this guys again..."

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

Private message CM Oda, Campitor and me in one conversation the latest ticket numbers, have to check where things started getting stuck.

#18 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:39 AM

Private message CM Oda, Campitor and me in one conversation the latest ticket numbers, have to check where things started getting stuck.

Sent, though I couldn't figure out how to send the PM to you and Camp/Oda in one go. =V

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

Sent, though I couldn't figure out how to send the PM to you and Camp/Oda in one go. =V

I'd like to know that too

#20 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:10 AM

You don't, you pm one person then ask them to add the others into the conversation.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:14 AM

Thx <3<3<3

#22 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

You can always PM cinnamon and report the message too. Then they will be notified in the report tool and add themselves (only admins can see PM/account reports). That's what I've always done.

#23 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

Or they could just give us the ability to add participants to the conversation normally since its really not that big a deal. It's a system built into the UI and just hidden for us. I don't see why Fungineers are given the "privilege" but normal users are not.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 November 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

I guess it's to prevent massive message ad spam to all registered forum players by irresponsible users.

Edited by DeadIntern, 24 November 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

Delete fungineers. That elevated player status pisses me off. Why the hell can they add ppl to conversation and I can't?

Give the features to forum accounts with over 200 posts or something if you want spammers out.

Edited by Jaye, 24 November 2015 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users