[Feedback] Episode 2: Wolves Cave, featuring Dr. Jacob - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback] Episode 2: Wolves Cave, featuring Dr. Jacob

11 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

Hello, Midgardians!

We want to gather feedback and ideas on our recent Winter 2015 Update.

This topic will cover Episode 2: Wolves Cave, featuring Dr. Jacob

Here is the guide for Episode 2: Wolves Cave

Here is the Patch Notes for the update

In order to keep feedback organized, we want to provide some useful tips:

• Bullet points help keep feedback concise!

You can always go into more detail below the bullet point to express your feedback, idea, suggestion, or criticism in further detail.

• Stick to the topic at hand

If feedback from another system is related to this system, then it makes sense to also mention it here. But, for example, posting about how WoE balance needs to be addressed within the Transmogrification feedback topic is like firing an arrow at someone else's target. It might be a bullseye, but you won't get points for it.

If we get enough feedback on these topics, there's a possibility that these issues can get addressed sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Njoror

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Concerning damage output being in 2k - 6k values:

That's still pretty low considering all the monsters have more than a million HP. If this was a regular dungeon where you could party up, I can see that making sense. But as these are solo dungeons, either more damage from the characters or less HP from the monsters would be better. If the damage output for the characters are in the single thousands, then the monsters shouldn't have any more than 100k HP at most.

Adding onto that, if the monster HP is more than a million, then damage output should be at least 20k. Preferably, the damage output of the characters and the HP of the monsters should correspond in a way so characters can take down monsters in about 20-30 hits per monster with 50 hits at most. Unless you want players to be in those dungeons for at least an hour mashing a handful of skills, which is rather absurd considering they're not even raid dungeons.

#3 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hi, solo dun are ultra hard now, like 3x with eremes and the poring boss with Jacob is mostly a certainly death.  

#4 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

I dislike the difficulty of these solo dungeons as many players have stated.

It also annoys me to be forced into playing something other than my own character. I personally feel that a dungeon like this should be part of a storyline quest, not "content" that players need to repeat multiple times to achieve important items ingame. 

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

I don't understand why there are even solo dungeons in a genre of games (MMORPG) meant for players to play together. Even RO has a solo dungeon of its own.

#6 PenguinWarrior

PenguinWarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

Althought I've managed to eliminate the Red Scar after some risky, succesful turnarounds, I agree that the difficulty in solo dungeons is almost legendary. Also, it's packed with death penalty! Without previous warning, I guess I'll be stuck in Forgotten Payon for a while trying to retrieve all the lost MP...

:p_ang:

#7 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Althought I've managed to eliminate the Red Scar after some risky, succesful turnarounds, I agree that the difficulty in solo dungeons is almost legendary. Also, it's packed with death penalty! Without previous warning, I guess I'll be stuck in Forgotten Payon for a while trying to retrieve all the lost MP...

:p_ang:

so true. since you cannot use divine protection inside, our mp just go down the drain.

#8 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

Solo dungeons = resource with down number of players in game, i think... or maybe maintain the rest of players, not keep it only distraction.  :heh:

I remember Eremes Culvert dungeon, funny first week, later boring and monotonous without powders (GTB ultra rare drop).  :yawn:

I can't go inside new Wolf solo dungeon, but probably same result, funny or no funny (with bugs, if you can't use divine protection and if it's hard gain MP today). XD

The best decision, test dungeons 2 weeks later because with RO2 Staff implement update, with every update i think, never test before the changes, or maybe with the update process create new and kindly bugs to the funny/old/new players.

:ic:  :help:

#9 RlDER

RlDER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDarkside of the moon

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

I only wish we didn't lose Mastery Points in there, especially considering that we're not playing as our characters. 

#10 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

Jacob dg are easy to clear...++pets ... thats good...

but...

off topic

Eremes dg pls reduce heal cooldown LOL...

#11 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:09 AM

beside the diamond the reward for doing jacob quest is defective seedrune and according to this http://ro2.doskoi.or...0001072#random  the rate of getting green/blue/red rune is so small, does these seed from defective rune are the same from the one we get from fallen fortress/chaos or with a better rate getting high %, if it's the same i think no one will be interested enough to do jacob quest pls add a more rewarding prize

#12 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

I have the hell of time with red scar, days ago i can go without problem, what in the name of Cthulhu you people did this time!, his attack are more fast and the cool time from heal is no right. Plus i go with santa blessing IV   :p_cry:

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 01 January 2016 - 06:56 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users