TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

my 2 cents for all PVPers and WOE guild(sorry if this already being suggested)

its simple;

PVPers often wrong-killed allies in WOE map=allies Q.Q=break alliance???=LOL???=KOS=more Q.Q...

pros:

fun pvp

more ppl to pvp

no more allies killing

no more QQ

fun WOE

cont:

1 guild vs 25 guild??

imbalance??

??

??

-We did not break the bond, we stand for it-

#2 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

Time to bring up my old suggestion.  :p_smile:

Developer please add few more level to the Guild Admin Skill - Guild Affiliation Expansion, and increase the max number of guild member to 300.

100 slot per guild is really very tight.  :p_swt:

* some player has been dispel from guild just because didn't online for one week busy for work.

* there is always have guildless player wish to join a particular guild, and guild master headache arrange slot for them.

* unfairness to ally guild. the limited slot may force some guild to create sub guild/ally guild, but these sub guild didn't get any woe benefits from the main guild, thus create unfairness and dissatisfaction.

Since there are so many extra Guild Skill Point (GSP) when Guild approaching Level 50, why not we have this?  :rice:

#3 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

Do we really need this? I think alliances are handled pretty well.

#4 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:06 AM

Do we really need this? I think alliances are handled pretty well.

Handled pretty well????  REALLY? 

Just make guild alliance neutral colour...like guildies..in PK map.....so no more QQ.... more systematic..

Edited by TensaZangetsu01, 27 December 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#5 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

Can u tell me what is the problem with it? Just curious what isnt right

#6 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:10 AM

Can u tell me what is the problem with it? Just curious what isnt right

READ PLEASE...

#7 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

A few things ;

- The amount of pvp guilds are pretty low.

- There are no big fights on woe maps in off woe hours.

- Guild names are written very clear and ur supposed to read them. If you kill your "allies" by mistake, it is entirely your fault.

- I assume ur a rogue so u dont have any aoe skills, Idk how u can accomplish that.

- Maybe you should practice more on controlling the guild. ( Im pretty sure a guild with full of hiders got all the time in the world to read a guild's name.)

Woe maps are designed to be guild vs guild since beginning, without any alliance system. Its been handled pretty well since game is up~~  We clearly dont need a system right now. 

Edited by DietSodaa, 27 December 2015 - 06:27 AM.

#8 xkazehanax

xkazehanax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Serving myself.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

A proper alliance system would be good, provided it also functions the same during WoE hours.

This may allow attacking guilds to join force with other attacking guilds and contest against the defending guilds.

Secondly, it would also encourages more guilds to participate in WoE. There are many smaller guilds out there whom manpower and firepower is too small to make an impact in the WoE, contesting against the 4 big active WoE guilds as of currently, hence you don't see their tag running around in WoE map much because there is nothing much that can be done. But considering if they are allied to either one of these guilds, it is expected that this will increase participation as they do not have to worry about friendly-fire, while also joining power to form a stronger force.

Also, if arrangements are made within the alliance, attacking side could always target the fortress belonging to an ally of the defender and it will most likely be easier than fighting heads-on against the main force.

If there is a proper alliance system within the game, it could probably enhance the gameplay since groups of smaller guilds now can actually join hands and compete in numbers to match against the powerhouses.

#9 adamch

adamch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

Having an alliance system may encourage more none PVP Guilds to participate in the fortresses. Be it during normal fights or WoE, it may interest the smaller guilds to band together creating worthy forces to contest without having to leave their current guild.

Existing PvP guilds may also increase their numbers creating more possibilities and chances of success in achieving their goals.

#10 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

Will the stronger get stronger and the weaker get weaker? Or will an alliance system make WoE more balanced between guilds of opposing forces? It can be beneficial to the fun of playing WoE, it all depends on how players will make the use of the alliances. Maybe impose a limit of 1 or 2 allies per guild would be desirable because playing a WoE map with only friendly players and scarely very few red dots on sight can be pretty boring....

#11 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

A few things ;

- The amount of pvp guilds are pretty low.

- There are no big fights on woe maps in off woe hours.

- Guild names are written very clear and ur supposed to read them. If you kill your "allies" by mistake, it is entirely your fault.

- I assume ur a rogue so u dont have any aoe skills, Idk how u can accomplish that.

- Maybe you should practice more on controlling the guild. ( Im pretty sure a guild with full of hiders got all the time in the world to read a guild's name.)

Woe maps are designed to be guild vs guild since beginning, without any alliance system. Its been handled pretty well since game is up~~  We clearly dont need a system right now. 

Correction:

PVP guild pretty low yeh but with this system it will attract non-PVP guild to join forces

There is always  big fight in woe maps( big or small who cares) mybe you dont know because you not even PVP

Yea if i killed allies its entirely my mistake thats y i suggest this to reduce it

im rogue yeah i have no aoe,yet knight boomerang and sins grimtooth is blind

yea practise make perfect+good system=better

#12 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:42 AM

Back in April we had a little discussion about alliances. This is how I envisioned an official alliance system. Obviously more needs to be discussed for mechanics to not be abused but also make it something people would want to use instead of the current unofficial ones.

1. **Acceptance** Two guild leaders accept an agreement of alliance. This would need to be accepted only when both leaders are online and able to accept.

2. **Cooldown** There would be a very long cooldown to ensure the seriousness of each guild entering into the agreement. I would start this as a week long cooldown period. If this time frame proves troublesome, it could be lowered after it has been implemented.

3. **Disabled PvP** Inside of the WoE map, players on allied sides would not be able to attack each other as if they were in the same guild. 

4. **Guardians** would not be effected, they would still attack anyone outside of the guild. This would discourage allied guilds from camping inside of a fort/castle not their own and prevent an easy "flip".

5. **Siege Weapons and NPCs** Damage done by a siege weapon should not effect allied players, as the damage is technically done by another player. Placed siege and kafras could also be used by the allied players. This would prevent the accidental destruction of them by allied players. Anything not added to the map directly by a player, such as existing NPCs and warping into the fort would not be effected. 

6. **Emperiums and points** The emperium/empelliums however COULD be attacked but the points given upon breaking it would either be zero or a penalty to one or both of the guilds. This allows the flipping of fort tactic to still be functional but not dependent on. 

7. **Rewards** This one I have not thought out fully yet. They need to be great enough to make people want to join an alliance yet not make them simply mercenaries for another guild. I would suggest the ability to enter the vault, but with the mimic being in the open, this could cause problems. If it is possible to disable non guild members from attacking it, then I would suggest this. 

Additionally, members of allied guild could be allowed to party and enter the woe map together without restrictions. This would be useful for skirmishes with other guilds on off woe times.

#13 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Correction:

PVP guild pretty low yeh but with this system it will attract non-PVP guild to join forces

There is always  big fight in woe maps( big or small who cares) mybe you dont know because you not even PVP

Yea if i killed allies its entirely my mistake thats y i suggest this to reduce it

im rogue yeah i have no aoe,yet knight boomerang and sins grimtooth is blind

yea practise make perfect+good system=better

Agreeing with the fact it will draw smaller guilds to woemap, never thought from that angle. But anything else u say doesnt make any sense at all.

ClaimThere is always  big fight in woe maps( big or small who cares) mybe you dont know because you not even PVP

I surely do pvp, we actually share it on our group and I try to log on for pvp's. But my guild only enjoys occasional pvp's and dislikes to fight with a guild full of hiders, which isnt really a pvp so yeah. I avoid doing that. A guild spending their entire game time afking on woe map and killing players with their allies " SHOULDNT " considered as any sort of pvp , also requesting an alliance system for that is just lame..

Claimim rogue yeah i have no aoe,yet knight boomerang and sins grimtooth is blind

I 'll take these two skills individually.

Boomerang : A very good knight skill which bounces up to 10 targets, slows by 40% and has a decent damage when maxed. Thing is this " Boomerang killed allies by accident" thing mostly happens due to unbalance of knights, which isnt sound legit when u say it. A tank class shouldnt be able to kill anyone unintentionally with a move which isnt a finisher move . Also making it bouncing 10 times is also lame and it needs a change. A better shield boomerang wouldnt cause this issue I think.

Grimtooth : Idk whats the problem with this one. If you see your ally fighting with an enemy, you actually risk your ally by using grimtooth. When u have lots of single target abilities. ( If u have any other possible scenarios, please share.)

As magpi mentioned above, this system actually requires lots of work. I'D also like to mention before we have this kind of system, we need a good balance between classes. 

#14 xkazehanax

xkazehanax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Serving myself.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Agree with points highlighted by magpi except no.6 because its pretty stupid to be able to break your own emperium while not getting attacked by guardians? Alliance system should not be abused for fort flipping in any way, else it would only give rise to more and more complains.

Also, please do not take discussions too personal or making too much aggressive comment towards an individual or a certain group that may result into flame baiting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users