6 replies to this topic

#1 Totosai

Totosai

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the server & to swordman class. I used to play pre renewal RO, but now with all these changes I'm having a hard time finding which way to follow, due to all the leveling guides in this forum being outdated or contradictory one to another between a year to another because some balancing patches or whatsoever. So, it's kinda hard to find updated content for newbies, all the new posts are about high end tier players and so on.

I'm actually a 13/15 swordsman with agi/dex/str build (don't have higher level friends/guild either only a same level ninja friend, so no easy 'help' for leeching or whatsoever)I.E. old agi knight build, to get twohand quicken and single meele mobs for grinding. But most of the renewal guides say that build is dead and that BB one is more reliable and faster for leveling but it requires pots and buffs which I don't yet posses, im freah mew with no zeny at all and for what I remember to spam BB you need a lot of ap pots aka lots od zeny (relatively).

Also, all the 'outdated' leveling guides reccomend to stick to eden group quests for easy leveling but at least for the 1-12 quests it is not efficient as the exp per quest is horrible. (I'm no VIP either and don't have real money bought exp manuals)

My goal is to make a RK able to MvP/PvM basically and some occasional pvp.

So I ask for anyone with the knowledge and willing to help me and anyone new that can find this updated info usable, what path should I take and how to efficiently level up a Swordman/Knight/LK/RK with no VIP/manuals from low level to max or near max?

-Should I keep spamming Eden Group Quests?
-Grind somewhere else?
-Keep agi build or focus on another?
-(I have a 13/15 acolyte which I make him follow my swordsman for heals as I also wanted a Full Support Arc Bishop, but is hard to level as Aco, can't even heal bpmb efficiently) should I keep sharing exp with it to save zeny of HP pots?
-How to farm zeny this low?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering.

PS: I'm on Chaos server, if that helps answering anyhow.

#2 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

You can go do ant eggs in ant hell untill you are around 35, then do payon bounty board. That should get u to 40. After that grove bounty (comodo-two maps right, the old anolian map) that would suffice to 60. After that grand peco to 75ish and then harpy all the way to 99. For agi on no zeny this is the way i would approach it

Hit me up in game (i usually play later in a day cst time, like 9pm or so. Name Kostik, Kostik' or Kosxe) i can try to help you locate things. I am by no means a pro or anything. But i do have time to show few things that i noticed different with knight class after renewal.

Also a good alternative to single target leveling after you trascend is clashing spiral build. One hit death with a +4 hunting spear to anything till you are like 99 pretty much.

Edited by 480131019225050943, 29 December 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#3 Totosai

Totosai

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

You can go do ant eggs in ant hell untill you are around 35, then do payon bounty board. That should get u to 40. After that grove bounty (comodo-two maps right, the old anolian map) that would suffice to 60. After that grand peco to 75ish and then harpy all the way to 99. For agi on no zeny this is the way i would approach it

Hit me up in game (i usually play later in a day cst time, like 9pm or so. Name Kostik, Kostik' or Kosxe) i can try to help you locate things. I am by no means a pro or anything. But i do have time to show few things that i noticed different with knight class after renewal.

Also a good alternative to single target leveling after you trascend is clashing spiral build. One hit death with a +4 hunting spear to anything till you are like 99 pretty much.

Thanks for the info, will try those spots for those levels and see how it works. Will pm you when I log into the game, I play around the same time.

#4 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

when you go RK , go for DB so that you can have decent leveling ( weap for it is moonlight dagger for a while so that you will have no problem for insufficient SP) , then when you get into max level (which is 175) , you can pursue hybrid , pure DB, or DPS type =) (depending how much budget you have)

#5 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

Hello, im also really really new to swordman class,

ummm im planning to create ( im not sure ,which one is easier to level ? RK or RG ) 

eh but first i will ask about swordman  :p_hi:

is Bash leveling viable for swordman ?  :questionmark:

#6 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

Swordman bash leveling is ok, but magnum break is even better. You need funds to level with magnum efficiently. But if you do it takes about 40-50 minutes to be at job 50

#7 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

@Tatosai - i would definitely recommend lvling your priest with your knight. In the long run it will pay off multiple times.

On euRO poison spore farming is considered a good way to get some initial zeny, but i don't know what the case is on Chaos.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users