Lag/ DC issues that bad? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Lag/ DC issues that bad?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Babble

Babble

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

So I'm downloading "Dragon Saga" now. Used to play IAH's Dragonica, then THQ's, and now this. So I'm browsing the forums and there seem to be many complaints about lag and d/c issues. Are the issues honestly that bad? And are there any other issues? Everyone seems to hate War Portal's Dragonica, and I'd rather appreciate it if the more intelligent forumgoers responded with their opinions. Please try to keep the thread unbiased.

#2 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

So I'm downloading "Dragon Saga" now. Used to play IAH's Dragonica, then THQ's, and now this. So I'm browsing the forums and there seem to be many complaints about lag and d/c issues. Are the issues honestly that bad? And are there any other issues? Everyone seems to hate War Portal's Dragonica, and I'd rather appreciate it if the more intelligent forumgoers responded with their opinions. Please try to keep the thread unbiased.

Normally, no. Recently, yes.

#3 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Yes, there are some lag issues :p_devil: But hopefully it will be fixed very soon. It's still worth downloading and installing though, imo.

#4 Babble

Babble

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, I'm going to finish downloading. It can't possibly be as bad as the lag I got from IAH's Dragonica. People flying across the dungeon map because of lag is just ridiculous, and I know it's not just my connection.

#5 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

It's definitely a different sort of lag. Most of the time, it's because of an internal server problem where everyone gets booted simultaneously (Kind of painful if you're in the middle of something important). I've lost a bit of experience because of it, but it's not the end of the world (Especially since the staff seems to be great at responding to problems quickly, numerous as they are).

#6 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

It's definitely a different sort of lag. Most of the time, it's because of an internal server problem where everyone gets booted simultaneously (Kind of painful if you're in the middle of something important). I've lost a bit of experience because of it, but it's not the end of the world (Especially since the staff seems to be great at responding to problems quickly, numerous as they are).

yea im so glad that we have such active staffs here at Warpportal
back in Thqice it was so horrible, the staff doesnt even care about us (i mean they do but not as much as these staffs)

#7 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

worth downloading, NORMAL exp rate is higher than thq, but after the thanksgiving event it plummeted, no word on THAT yet. They havent acknowledged anything besides the lag/dc, which happened right after the exp event as well. it may be a diversion, it may not be, hard facts are exp is down, servers are in a really bad spot right now. i'd say come back in about a week, maybe everything will be cleared up... maybe.

#8 ilestdevil

ilestdevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

THQ was great but i haven't played since Jan 2010, im pretty new to this server and have had a lot of bad experiences with lag and Disconnects. But some say its not normal so i guess download and try it out. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Edited by ilestdevil, 30 November 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#9 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

THQ was great but i haven't played since Jan 2010, im pretty new to this server and have had a lot of bad experiences with lag and Disconnects. But some say its not normal so i guess download and try it out. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Don't come to warpportal. On average you'll dc about once everyday you play. And there's been an exodus of players since the poorly executed "official launch".

#10 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

Don't come to warpportal. On average you'll dc about once everyday you play. And there's been an exodus of players since the poorly executed "official launch".

Nope I would say average would be once or twice an hour now

#11 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Nope I would say average would be once or twice an hour now

^^ This.

#12 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

AT LEAST THE GMs REPLY TO THESE KINDS OF MESSAGES LETTING US KNOW. RIGHT GUYS?! RIGHT?

#13 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

People ragin so bad. I rage too, but at least I understand it's gonna be fixed. The gameplay will be back to normal within the next day or so. Don't ragequit that fast.

#14 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

Some information regarding the recent connection issues: http://forums.warppo...-done-about-it/

#15 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Some information regarding the recent connection issues: http://forums.warppo...-done-about-it/

There's a big difference between acknowledging a problem and fixing/preventing a problem. Has everyone forgotten how poor the official launch was? Remember the promising increased level cap? Remember the lv 3200 monsters that appeared in mission maps? Notice how they lowered the experience rates below normal? Notice how they removed the most popular items in the IM? Remember how the first scheduled maintenances always went almost an hour past the announced time. Remember when the site&forums&launcher&game were all unavailable?
This game has been destroyed. There won't be anyone left after this massive problem. Two days of periodic dc's? Can you imagine any game retaining players with this problem. Really messed up how such a good game has been brought to its knees by incompetence.

#16 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Can you imagine any game retaining players with this problem.

Uhhh, yeah. THIS GAME. Look at all the people who came back when THQ didn't even tell us who was taking over. Although most dedicated players knew before the official public announcement. A whole 2 months without Dragonica Dragon Saga and you think this is going to scare us off after we got most of it back?! NEGATORY!!!

She just got sick is all. Where's mah robotussin?

#17 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

Can you imagine any game retaining players with this problem. DERPDERPDERP

She really thinks people who suffered through THQICE's service won't come back after this.

Posted Image

#18 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

Uhhh, yeah. THIS GAME. Look at all the people who came back when THQ didn't even tell us who was taking over. Although most dedicated players knew before the official public announcement. A whole 2 months without Dragonica Dragon Saga and you think this is going to scare us off after we got most of it back?! NEGATORY!!!

She just got sick is all. Where's mah robotussin?

I don't see anyone coming back or sticking with this game. Considering most of the population consists of players from THQ, then there is a serious problem. Since this game has virtually no fresh players and old players are leaving in scores. Yeah you can speak up and say you're sticking with the game. But for everyone who speaks up, 20 more people are leaving this defunct game silently.
Isn't this day 3 of rampant disconnects? I won't agree there are better games, but there are better people who keep games running.

#19 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

I don't see anyone coming back or sticking with this game. Considering most of the population consists of players from THQ, then there is a serious problem. Since this game has virtually no fresh players and old players are leaving in scores. Yeah you can speak up and say you're sticking with the game. But for everyone who speaks up, 20 more people are leaving this defunct game silently.
Isn't this day 3 of rampant disconnects? I won't agree there are better games, but there are better people who keep games running.

Too bad for you a significant amount of these returning THQ players are IM users who pay for the game. So Grav will still make money and always sees that it has potential. You won't get that pleasure of seeing this game disappear anytime soon, lol.

DRAGON SAGA FOREVER!!!

#20 WolfinGanger

WolfinGanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

they may leave for a little while and i bet most of them are only leaving until the game is stable again

#21 Atsuya

Atsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LocationUnder the Moon
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I don't know what you see but my guild consit of thq and new players majority of them are new to DragonSaga and have already made it to lvl 50. Not only my guild I always see new players in the game runing around aswell as thq players and I know because I know the names of majority of the thq players and I always ask people are they new to the game.

Edited by Atsuya, 01 December 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#22 Elfrank78

Elfrank78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

It's easy to yell and blame other for what going wrong in the world ... i mean they are punished lke us ... Do you beleive they don't lost money ??? Each day that the server are not 100% working correctly they lost alot ... Really easy to come on a forum and yell like a crazy mad cow but think about that 30 sec ... Beleive me with the money they are losing each day i'm 100% sure they work like hell to fix it !!! And somewhere YES they care about us coz like i say we are the one who bring money in their wallet !! That's it .... Yes it's frustrating to not be able to do what you want in the game but look ... use that time to put your nose outside and have a life outside Drag ... And on that i say Give a chance to the running dude !

#23 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

It's easy to yell and blame other for what going wrong in the world ... i mean they are punished lke us ... Do you beleive they don't lost money ??? Each day that the server are not 100% working correctly they lost alot ... Really easy to come on a forum and yell like a crazy mad cow but think about that 30 sec ... Beleive me with the money they are losing each day i'm 100% sure they work like hell to fix it !!! And somewhere YES they care about us coz like i say we are the one who bring money in their wallet !! That's it .... Yes it's frustrating to not be able to do what you want in the game but look ... use that time to put your nose outside and have a life outside Drag ... And on that i say Give a chance to the running dude !

I do believe they don't lost money. What is this about a mad cow and a running dude?

#24 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

woo some incredible luck right there. i managed a full css run on my farming char RIGHT before that d/c xD

#25 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

woo some incredible luck right there. i managed a full css run on my farming char RIGHT before that d/c xD

Gratz! How much gold did you make, and what level is your character?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users