• 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

Class Balance Feedback

Ranger

To access the current Class Feedback board for Ranger: Click Here

To view current Class Feedback for all classes: Click Here

Welcome to the Ranger class balance feedback thread! The purpose of this thread is to collect information about the skills, stats, and specific features of this class that might need improvement for the sake of balance between classes.

In this thread you may:

Make suggestions for class balance.

Or

Comment on existing topics of class balance.

To make a new suggestion for class balance, please use the following format:

Spoiler

Please keep all feedback civil, and do not comment on this forum unless you are reporting a balance idea or providing feedback for an existing topic. 

#2 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

Topic Title
Make Rangers a "real" DPS class

Severity:
Minor and skill tweak (i think?).

Problem:
We all know that currently rangers is overlooked by other player, be it grinding or boss raid. This is because their low defense (due to being a dps class) but low damage compared to rogue or sins, i've seen my guildie a ml40 rangers with good honed+20 serenia gear take a long time killing jawaii field monster compared to a normal sin/rogue, and yeah i know that sin/rogue is too op at the moment but this differences causing rangers to be overlooked. Just take a look at ml40 rangers population, like sorcerer or monk, this class is almost forgotten, and i really want to see ro2 with a variety of player/classes not just warrior, knight, and sin.

Suggestion:
This class really need a buff in term of damage so my suggestion is up rangers physical attack/PSE more so than sin/rogue, cause ranger don't have insta kill from hide skill(and i really don't recommend it) as they have a quick attack skill, and with the current state of "useless" agi stat, change rangers buff to increase agi and move rate (with the current serenia foot gear with no gold slot this buff will really be useful in raid) so rangers wont be overlooked by raid/new player.

Videos/Screenshots:
i don't have any videos/ss, but if you really play ro2 up until jawaii i think you'll know what i mean.

Edited by Dattsun, 09 January 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#3 xkazehanax

xkazehanax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Serving myself.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

Topic Title

Severity:

Problem:
We all know that currently rangers is overlooked by other player, be it grinding or boss raid. This is because their low defense (due to being a dps class) but low damage compared to rogue or sins, i've seen my guildie a ml40 rangers with good honed+20 serenia gear take a long time killing jawaii field monster compared to a normal sin/rogue, and yeah i know that sin/rogue is too op at the moment but this differences causing rangers to be overlooked. Just take a look at ml40 rangers population, like sorcerer or monk, this class is almost forgotten, and i really want to see ro2 with a variety of player/classes not just warrior, knight, and sin.

Suggestion:
This class really need a buff in term of damage so my suggestion is up rangers physical attack/PSE more so than sin/rogue, cause ranger don't have insta kill from hide skill(and i really don't recommend it) as they have a quick attack skill, and with the current state of "useless" agi stat, change rangers buff to increase agi and move rate (with the current serenia foot gear with no gold slot this buff will really be useful in raid) so rangers wont be overlooked by raid/new player.

Videos/Screenshots:
i don't have any videos/ss, but if you really play ro2 up until jawaii i think you'll know what i mean.

Actually I kinda feel that Ranger class is pretty well-balanced, especially unique with their ability to hover around while Range DPSing with no channeling required. It is still a pretty sustainable DPS class in PVE. It's just that other classes such as Knights, Warriors, Assassins and Priests with their insane one hit damage that outshined Ranger. Well, just nerf the other classes to make Rangers relevant again!

#4 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

Topic Title

Severity:

Problem:

Suggestion:

Videos/Screenshots:

I agree completely and it has been this way for almost 3 god damn years now!  Its reflected in the VCR reports I made way back when the program started.  Rangers received an overall damage nerf/reduction of 66%.  The only reason they seem moderately strong now is because dual power runes can be used to mask their low overall damage.  Now with impending green seed changes we will once again see rangers low dps in pvp and pve.  They never once explained the damage reduction years ago.  Here's hoping they FINALLY repair damages they did to this great class so many years ago.

#5 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Actually I kinda feel that Ranger class is pretty well-balanced, especially unique with their ability to hover around while Range DPSing with no channeling required. It is still a pretty sustainable DPS class in PVE. It's just that other classes such as Knights, Warriors, Assassins and Priests with their insane one hit damage that outshined Ranger. Well, just nerf the other classes to make Rangers relevant again!

haha..yeah there's that, but somehow i really doubt the dev really gonna nerf BT, or remove cls (this and penetration is what i think makes sin/rogue unhide skill too op at the moment), it really will be easier for them to change rangers stat modifier.

Edited by Dattsun, 11 January 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#6 SweetMamaRush

SweetMamaRush

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

better improve than nerf skill/stat class..nerf make result still same..and many player will quit..bcoz waste their time/money and dll..

===========================

Topic title : Make Arrow Vulcan Work

Problem : Too low damage inflict compare other skill class..and too long wait to get arrow vulcan can use..

My suggestion to increase the damage that can be useable/ something like power final attack..

and change activate this skill with use concentration and not fear breeze.

#7 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

better improve than nerf skill/stat class..nerf make result still same..and many player will quit..bcoz waste their time/money and dll..

===========================

Topic title : Make Arrow Vulcan Work

Problem : Too low damage inflict compare other skill class..and too long wait to get arrow vulcan can use..

My suggestion to increase the damage that can be useable/ something like power final attack..

and change activate this skill with use concentration and not fear breeze.

OMG IKR?!  Arrow Vulcan used to be a cool skill.  So here's the thing, it it's description it doesn't mention that it's 5 separate attacks, but it is, each with a chance of hitting, missing, parry, critical, you name it.  The skill is basically Arrow Shower all over again.  This skill needs to be made into a single attack with a easier chance to activate.  All the other classes have what equals a finishing move, Rangers should have it too!

#8 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

Please give Falcon Assault skill have the ability to stun enemy, Arrow Vulcan have the ability to knock back enemy 20m away if they are within 10m, that will give us more options for skill builds, ranger is still good but every class can stun you and you are gone.

make changes to quiver for P.Attack, and able to refine it like other offhands.

Edited by Amilus, 25 January 2016 - 10:18 PM.

#9 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

Please give Falcon Assault skill have the ability to stun enemy, Arrow Vulcan have the ability to knock back enemy 20m away if they are within 10m, that will give us more options for skill builds, ranger is still good but every class can stun you and you are gone.

make changes to quiver for P.Attack, and able to refine it like other offhands.

I won't comment the quiver refinement idea (again). I just want to say pushback idea is kind of unrealistic. I think it isn't easy to implement and would cause more harm than good (knocking opponents off a slope, pushing back catapults or doors, etc.). But even if all that could be fixed, more classes will want to use it as well (see Star Wars: The old Republic and it's countless push & pull effects). It would then create a completely different combat system and melee classes will soon follow to requrest a shorter cooldowns for their gap closers, just to compensate the pushback...

Btw: My suggestion was to change True Sight (Trello card). If True Sight would create 100 concentration // focus, a ranger gets enough points to use 3x Double Strafings right away. In addition, True Sight would also have the chance to trigger Main Ranger for two more free-of-cost Double Strafings. This way, Arrow Vulcan would be much easier to cast and wouldn't need much of an overhaul.

Edited by Greven79, 01 February 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#10 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

I won't comment the quiver refinement idea (again). I just want to say pushback idea is kind of unrealistic. I think it isn't easy to implement and would cause more harm than good (knocking opponents off a slope, pushing back catapults or doors, etc.). But even if all that could be fixed, more classes will want to use it as well (see Star Wars: The old Republic and it's countless push & pull effects). It would then create a completely different combat system and melee classes will soon follow to requrest a shorter cooldowns for their gap closers, just to compensate the pushback...

Btw: My suggestion was to change True Sight (Trello card). If True Sight would create 100 concentration // focus, a ranger gets enough points to use 3x Double Strafings right away. In addition, True Sight would also have the chance to trigger Main Ranger for two more free-of-cost Double Strafings. This way, Arrow Vulcan would be much easier to cast and wouldn't need much of an overhaul.

Arrow Vulcan needs a massive overhaul.  They changed the skill 2 years ago so it no longer functions as it once did.  It behaves like Arrow Shower.  Without the old Arrow Vulcan, rangers have no finishing unlike other classes.  Vulcan hits 5 separate times each with it's own chance to hit, miss or critical (not to mention dodge or parry) when it should be one single hit as is it's description states.

#11 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

Even the old Vulcan Arrow has hit several times.

See http://guidescroll.c...a-ranger-guide/ or https://youtu.be/7n24xqxIS4k

And both Ray of Genesis.and Flame Explosion still hit several times right now as well.

Edited by Greven79, 02 February 2016 - 04:40 AM.

#12 Claratehia

Claratehia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

That video was like 2 years ago .2016 But now with Serenia Gears the lack of HASTE / VIGOR  on it made the rangers slower on DPS. even you hon your gears. 

By the way i never see any ranger that can OVER LAP my threat when doing JAWAII RAID "Daily quest" i feel sad that they just join rangers in raid because of the BUFF AGI..

Edited by Claratehia, 28 November 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#13 benzwang

benzwang

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:10 AM

Topic Title
Ranger mean (range master) ???
Balancing skill 

Severity:
Range of skill attack

Bellow average damage

Problem:
1. Ranger it should be a range dps right??? but as you can see ranger attack or skill can launch within 20m drom target,

and what from i know that Soulmaker class still can launch they skill with 25m from target.

2. Ranger type class have to many variant build because they need alot of stat to build, it (exp str "damaging", Agi "dodge/crit , vigor "cd skill decrease", haste "faster the projectile when attack/skill use, and cast speed "for charge arrow" so wich one you chose, it will broke another stat

3. Cooldown for each skill it's  to much time, that make this class will be dp2s ( damaging per 2 seconnd)

4. There are many unnecessary skill buff (charge arrrow mastering, fear breeze) so a lot of skill point to waste

5.  There to much animation during attack skill ( back flip when sharp shooting, jumping when impact and poison. steping foot when charge arrow)

6. Falcon use M.atk ???

7. Arrow vulcan or arrow throwing  :hmm: 

Suggestion:
1. Make this class to a true Range Master Dps with 25-30m minimum range to attack/skill use

2. Balance the basic stat ( str, agi,vit dll) and make buff to pasif increase acceleration ( like wind walk but those skill have to much cooldown)

3. same suggest as number 2

4. Shorten Charge arrow cast speed more, so it will much effect for charge arrow mastering, 

Impact arrow, sharp shooting, double strafing to max 5 skill point with same effect

removing or make a pasif buff fear breeze

so this class build still have ultimate skill but also dpsing

5. faster the animation or just cut it off  :heh: 

6. Change the falcon stat using phsy.atk because this class was a phsy damage dealer

7. Arrow vulcan have a casting time, but damaging 5 shot each can be (parry,miss etc) just make it 1 shot only so it will be pure 1306% damage (like ashura/guilotine fist by monk)

anyway this game have a lot more balance after last nerf, thx for gm developer teams :thx: 

And once more,  is there any player who play as ranger class can pvp priest and soulmaker? they maybe a support class but like a priest dot was to much damage, 1 dot skill and we'll be DEATH...hahahaha c'mon this is the first game i play that support class was a MONSTER KILL, and TRUE TANKER

Ro1 balacing can be a refrence 

#14 xshfrx

xshfrx

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location*hiding somewhere*

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

And once more,  is there any player who play as ranger class can pvp priest and soulmaker? they maybe a support class but like a priest dot was to much damage, 1 dot skill and we'll be DEATH...hahahaha c'mon this is the first game i play that support class was a MONSTER KILL, and TRUE TANKER

if it's 1vs1 with red+int prz/sm expect nothing as we damage them like 8k 8k 8k 8k then they heal about 15k++  :sob:
1vs1 inc+int priest/sm? fast kill (hide then spam those skills baby :heh: ) or insta-death as we cant re-hide (smoke bomb as of rogue skill) / shadow armor (assassin skill) after unhide

Problem:
1. Ranger it should be a range dps right??? but as you can see ranger attack or skill can launch within 20m drom target,

and what from i know that Soulmaker class still can launch they skill with 25m from target.
2. Ranger type class have to many variant build because they need alot of stat to build, it (exp str "damaging", Agi "dodge/crit , vigor "cd skill decrease", haste "faster the projectile when attack/skill use, and cast speed "for charge arrow" so wich one you chose, it will broke another stat
3. Cooldown for each skill it's  to much time, that make this class will be dp2s ( damaging per 2 seconnd)
4. There are many unnecessary skill buff (charge arrrow mastering, fear breeze) so a lot of skill point to waste
5.  There to much animation during attack skill ( back flip when sharp shooting, jumping when impact and poison. steping foot when charge arrow
6. Falcon use M.atk ???
7. Arrow vulcan or arrow throwing  :hmm:

point 1 and 5 i can agree with, 20m range is not far enough, and the animation is making ranger dps not fast, but still got high damage tho so will be changed or not it's okay  :heh:

point 2 you can focus on rather damage (str) or agi (dodge/crit), vigor can go with any of str/agi, and haste not too much, like 200+ is enough

point 3 imagine that poison dot on 1s  :rice: good but i'd rather choose poison 2s but faster other skill output  :heh:

point 4 <<< those skills are still useful tho, like charge arrow if u max out charge arrow it's very useful  :rice: fear breeze is also useful even if u not taking arrow vulcan cos increase acceleration after using double strafing

point 6 i never use those birds  :questionmark:  maybe other ranger who use that can give feedback on that  :rice:

point 7 is why i never give any points to that  :sob:

Edited by xshfrx, 29 January 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#15 AlphaHex

AlphaHex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

I use to play a lot this game until the whole honing mess were could hone a great sword with over a million physical attack and the nerfing madness that came afterwards, Rangers use to be a well balanced and really fun class until all the other classes started crying we were too OP in PVP and Game Devs nerfed us until we were at the bottom of all the classes in the game.

I also think the Ranger class should have a range increase, that's what defines archers in general, their ability to attack at great distances and that Arrow Vulcan should have a serious overhaul, I remember that skill taking serious chunks of monster HP bars, but now my Arrow Shower is more effective and even Charge Arrow makes more damage overall, which makes no sense since that's a basic skill, another thing I noticed back then was the lack of Vigor, Haste and Cast Speed in all Master Level equipment, antoher thing that makes no sense to me, but I'm no Game Dev...

Edited by AlphaHex, 11 December 2017 - 06:48 AM.

#16 Ferrice

Ferrice

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:04 PM

Topic title :
Forgotten Hunter

Topic entry :
So far ranger is still my main char and i really love it. But hopelessness always lingering while playing ranger. "Ranger is only good for farming" then became "oh hey beastmaster is better in farming" then became "wow noel race is the best. Best heal, best dps, best farm!". Then what are we? Agi buff slave? :"
Well i think all ppl above have already said all lacks in ranger that i felt. I hope with the 5th anniv of ro2, gm will make biggest update that will make its loyal players feel proud to keep waiting, thank you very much :)

P.S. do you know that noel race almost engulfing midgard? lol

Edited by Ferrice, 10 July 2018 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users