#1 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

Alright, I'll try to keep this short...

I don't want to be a champ, I want to be a knight. I love the aspect of being a sword and shield powerhouse(i think the mace is ugly, and will not miss the little bit of AP from mace). In PvP, what should my goal be for gear?

Option 1 - Attack Power:

Chiv set(15 + Diamond 7 in chest)
Lava set(With Diamond 7 in each piece)
10/40 beard
10/40 BS
10/40 Shield
HRD Saint Kruz Sword(15 + Diamond 7 in sword)

Option 2 - Defense:

Chiv Set(15 + Pink Opal 7 in chest)
Cliff set(With Pink Opal 7 in each piece)
+60 Defense Ashura Mask
+60 Defense BS
+60 Defense Shield
HRD Saint Kruz Sword(15 + Pink Opal 7 in sword)

Option 3 - Some type of Dodge/Defense combo maybe?

I don't wanna be unstoppable(i would have gone champ) I just want to be able to last in a fight pretty damn well in UW or TG(1v1), but I also want to be able to actually kill people...not just survive. Also, I noticed the new blocking feature in PVM but in PVP it doesn't show the "BLOCK" above my head in any situation, any information would be nice there too.

So..PVP Knights, can you shed some of your wisdom towards me?

Edited by Hypermaggot, 30 November 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Option one is better if you actually want to kill anything. Option two is really if you want to tank people in uw while the rest of your team does damage but theres better ways of doing that.

For blocking if you look in your character stats window and hover your cursor above the defense and magic defense stat you will see 2 values. One is the percent chance to block, pretty straightforward, the other is the block power. This lowers your opponents attack power by amount listed when you block an attack (you can see it buy the bluish text). For the word 'blocked' to appear your block power has to be greater than your opponents ap, which results in no damage. Also if they use a no reliable skill and it misses and blocks at the same time, you will also receive the message.

#3 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

me too i love sword style for my knight and your got nice option that will give me some idea thank you for sharing :p_devil:

#4 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

Option one would be best all around. Defense (all stats really) has diminishing returns, so the more you get, the less effective added defense becomes. Since, in general, knight AP is low, capitalizing on that can make you a much more balanced foe. You just have to make sure you don't forget about accuracy. It is just as important as AP. Balanced weapons are always nice to have for that reason.

Dodge is not worth it for a knight. The armor doesn't give much dodge and there are no passives or buffs to help with that. Dodge really isn't worth it on anything outside of a hawker and even then reliable skills weaken the effects of high dodge.

Edited by BrownBear, 30 November 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#5 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Dodge is not worth it for a knight. The armor doesn't give much dodge and there are no passives or buffs to help with that. Dodge really isn't worth it on anything outside of a hawker and even then reliable skills weaken the effects of high dodge.

Dodge is actually very useful if you want to tank, it wont help much if you are trying to kill people at a decent rate though.

#6 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

Alright guys, thanks for the responses. I guess I will go with that diamond 7's the whole AP set. I wont forget about accuracy. My stats are naked:

375 strength
189 con
100ish dex.

Im only 201 so i have 14 levels to go yet, gonna finish up con at around 225 or so. Put dex up to 200, and throw the rest into sen. Also, with some of my extra skill points im gonna try to put some into the accuracy passive on two handed side. If i end up having more sp to start another skill passive in two handed, should i go with the crit up or movement speed up? Was thinking crit honestly.

Edited by Hypermaggot, 30 November 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#7 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

DOn't bother with the crit passives, crit is very inconsistant and you need huge amounts of it to see noticeable results. Not to mention crits only affect melee and that ap build you have is better focuses for skill spamming; if you want to use melees effectively you should get some gear with attack speed.

Movement speed is essential for wars, but if you are going with mace/sword you will probably have trouble getting all of the passives for it.

#8 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

Dodge is actually very useful if you want to tank, it wont help much if you are trying to kill people at a decent rate though.

Can you really get enough dodge for it to matter though?

Alright guys, thanks for the responses. I guess I will go with that diamond 7's the whole AP set. I wont forget about accuracy. My stats are naked:

375 strength
189 con
100ish dex.

Im only 201 so i have 14 levels to go yet, gonna finish up con at around 225 or so. Put dex up to 200, and throw the rest into sen. Also, with some of my extra skill points im gonna try to put some into the accuracy passive on two handed side. If i end up having more sp to start another skill passive in two handed, should i go with the crit up or movement speed up? Was thinking crit honestly.

Movement speed without a doubt.

Edited by BrownBear, 01 December 2010 - 05:37 AM.

#9 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

Can you really get enough dodge for it to matter though?

Movement speed without a doubt.

For tanking yes; remember you don't need to dodge as much as a raider when you have such high defense and hp. That is putting dodge gear and going into a mob of people if you have back up, it' not really feasible to fight people in it because you lose alot of offense, and without wearing dodge gear you wont really dodge anything unless the opponent has low acc.

#10 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

DOn't bother with the crit passives, crit is very inconsistant and you need huge amounts of it to see noticeable results. Not to mention crits only affect melee and that ap build you have is better focuses for skill spamming; if you want to use melees effectively you should get some gear with attack speed.

Movement speed is essential for wars, but if you are going with mace/sword you will probably have trouble getting all of the passives for it.

Alright cool, now i have fatal thrust and shield stun(i think they both suck pretty bad). I plan on doing a skill reset and grabbing soul wreck and soundless vaccuum(reguardless i have plenty of points to play with to get it anyway). I think ill have plenty of sp to play with but my question is, should i still use shield stun? Honestly, i think it sucks bad..The animation is so slow and the damage is so low...when i goto attack again, they are already out of stun status. This will also give me more more to put into the accuracy and movement speed passives under two handed side if i drop these. I can probably even max them.

Or should i keep shield stun because its a stun and stuns are vital in PvP?

Thoughts?

Edited by Hypermaggot, 01 December 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#11 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

Shield stun is useful, the damage isn't high but the success is and even though it is slow it has high priority and will beat out many other stuns.

#12 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Or should i keep shield stun because its a stun and stuns are vital in PvP?

You should keep it. Stuns stop the natural flow of your opponents skill spam. It can make them make mistakes more than they naturally might. It is also really annoying to get stunned when casting an important skill and having that skill stuck on cooldown without benefiting from its effects. Having more stuns is only going to benefit you.

Plus its a reliable skill, so even if it does weak damage, it will always do some damage (even if it misses).

Edited by BrownBear, 01 December 2010 - 01:39 PM.

#13 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Awesome, Thanks for your responses guys/gals. You guys pretty much answered all of my heavy questions. Now it's time to go make it all happen :) lol. Thanks again!

#14 Jim128

Jim128

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationBehind you.
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Option 2 - Defense:

Cliff set(With Pink Opal 7 in each piece)
+60 Defense Ashura Mask
HRD Saint Kruz Sword(15 + Pink Opal 7 in sword)

Go for ORO sets and Get Chivalrous weapon for more def.
and I believe you mean Ego Mask instead of Ashura.

#15 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

So brownbear or any other knight guru...i just got soul wreck yesterday, and ive used it roughly 50 times. PVM AND PVP this skill is not stunning. 70% success rate..out of 50 times not once did it stun..am i missing something?

#16 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Thats because soul wreck isn't a stun anymore... It now has 80% mspeed down 40% def down for 4 seconds.

#17 Hypermaggot

Hypermaggot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Thats because soul wreck isn't a stun anymore... It now has 80% mspeed down 40% def down for 4 seconds.

Thats pretty lame..they didn't change the description or anything...i guess its still better then fatal thrust though lol.

#18 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thats pretty lame..they didn't change the description or anything...i guess its still better then fatal thrust though lol.

Its very nice against other soldiers.

Never noticed whether they changed the description or not. Not surprised though.

#19 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

Nope they didnt, tho i really dont see how anyone levels any class of soldier without soul wreck...lol

#20 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

Nope they didnt, tho i really dont see how anyone levels any class of soldier without soul wreck...lol

soul wreck isnt really for lvling :P

#21 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

that why i have reset my knight for fatal thrust, i find soulweack suck now n/a aka stun :P

Edited by Viceking, 03 December 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#22 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

that why i have reset my knight for fatal thrust, i find soulweack suck now n/a aka stun :P

magic attack, def down, mspeed down.

the only part i dont like is the long animation, but rest are all pluses :))))!!!

#23 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Soul wreck is one of your best skills as a knight, I don't know why you wouldn't take it. Especially for crossbows which have plentiful amounts of points anyway.

#24 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

anyway im not crossbow,my skill are limited but if your told me i should learn that again i can give it a try :P

#25 sarkhanvol

sarkhanvol

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

any suggestion guys on STATUES build for a AP knight?

Is SEN will do good for a AP knight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users