old player thinking ot coming back - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

old player thinking ot coming back

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 goryo

goryo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:35 AM

I have played Requem quite awhile ago. Now thinking about trying it again. I quit a few years ago for a number of reasons. was suprised to see that Requem is still around, since even back then cries of 'Requem is dead' were abundant :)

is it worth coming back? any major updates or improvements? I quit some time after DNA was introduced, new dungeon with dolls and balls was introduced, right around the time Requem went to Facebook.

I see races and classes are the same. any new dungeons or raid bosses? increases level cap? I think it was 80 when I played. how is the comunity? lots of people? one of the reasons I quit was because player base reduced a lot - starter maps were ghost towns, mid maps were onyl visited for raid bosses, you had to wait 15 min to get enough people for FOC.

how is the elementalist class? health and magic damage buffs were nerfed considerably before I left.

#2 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

Last good update was the dungeon with dolls. Updates since then, Barney added as raid boss, Crayola recolored armors, addition of last armors made by Korean devs, severely imbalanced half class update.

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

one of the reasons I quit was because player base reduced a lot - starter maps were ghost towns, mid maps were onyl visited for raid bosses, you had to wait 15 min to get enough people for FOC.

If you come back you can join my guild, we do RAIDs and we are all pretty active :D

Elementalist now is OP btw.

And FOC is crowded (well mainly for cards event).

Edited by Kazara, 15 January 2016 - 09:16 AM.

#4 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

good luck for your come back in the actual mess. i Recommend you to play the Elem you seem to like or a magic krux. others mages can still do good . If you like melee  and are not very nasty you can try a bugged zerk with tank HP.

i strongly recommend you to not go to : avenger , ranger , prot , commie ,  Shadow runner and warlord in a lower measure  : you will find people who will cry :" no that post is a lie theses classes are insanely strong !"

that's a lie , don't believe them. 

You can try druid , some pretend it's OP , i suppose they know what they do , hope you will know too if you try that.

But again , in any case , now ReQQ has turned to an FPS . not a MMO RPG : better choose a spammable pew pewer whatever your gears. If you like melee : go play something else. Devs have no passion for them and neglect them for two years now except a broken revamp followed by bugged skills lately , again for zerks , and a still decent ( thanks to mythic doom cheras dual swords ) sin class if you go for isolated lambs with average gears.

If you want commie try to steal Nanny's gears  :p_devil:  But you will see that even that is not enough against certain ones if i consider some of his posts about balance ( but yeah i am one of the main "crying" for that for years now , ask around :no1: )

If you like prot , i better recommend you a recent russian game that melt gods and sci-fi . It seems devs there have more consideration for tank classes.

#5 goryo

goryo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

Cleffy and Kazara - your names ring a bell from the times I played the game :) Arkilus, if I come back, I will stick with my elementalist. it was my main class, and I stuck with it even through hard times, when it was underpowerd, and ranger (or is it avenger?) was a really strong class with its traps and no light magic damage resists. I played other classes, but I like my elementalist :). I just read in another thread that there isnt a lot of English speaking people? When I played, the community was predominantly European with lots of Polish guys.

#6 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:13 AM

i strongly recommend you to not go to : avenger , ranger , prot , commie ,  Shadow runner and warlord in a lower measure  : you will find people who will cry :" no that post is a lie theses classes are insanely strong !"

really?

SR with MDC +30 gave me explosion arrow crit 50k dmg.

avenger can tame boss and his OP traps can kill you in 2-3 hits

prot some raid run need a tank too radiant for healing tank

warlord my friend had warlord and i have for him 4 words...one hit unlimited kills

commander i seen him in lv 69 FoC he had best rank

ranger buff 10% critical rate + DNA 10% critical rate + equip with % critical rate so AA what hit is crit i had ranger what had around 50% critical rate

recommended for PvP mystic forsaker druid elementalist assassin defiler berserker is a top OP

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

Warlord? Are you sure? lol

#8 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

really?
SR with MDC +30 gave me explosion arrow crit 50k dmg.
avenger can tame boss and his OP traps can kill you in 2-3 hits
prot some raid run need a tank too radiant for healing tank
warlord my friend had warlord and i have for him 4 words...one hit unlimited kills
commander i seen him in lv 69 FoC he had best rank
ranger buff 10% critical rate + DNA 10% critical rate + equip with % critical rate so AA what hit is crit i had ranger what had around 50% critical rate

recommended for PvP mystic forsaker druid elementalist assassin defiler berserker is a top OP

Lol what? I originally wasn't sure how clueless you are, but now. I understand.
50k ea crit is impossible. Even with pb. Stop making up numbers.
Venger pets are a joke. So is their dmg. Traps fail a lot. If you die in 2-3 hits you have garbage toon. Venger is weak. Good for assisting only.
Prots are useless, rads heal 10k now. Anyone can tank.
Commander is weak unless 1v1 caster or geared best possible.
Ranger critical chance is useless, you can get 100% chance without them. If that is your bragging point for Rangers being good, you are silly.
Warlord is ok, but not because of your post and it makes no sense

#9 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Lol what? I originally wasn't sure how clueless you are, but now. I understand.
50k ea crit is impossible. Even with pb. Stop making up numbers.
Venger pets are a joke. So is their dmg. Traps fail a lot. If you die in 2-3 hits you have garbage toon. Venger is weak. Good for assisting only.
Prots are useless, rads heal 10k now. Anyone can tank.
Commander is weak unless 1v1 caster or geared best possible.
Ranger critical chance is useless, you can get 100% chance without them. If that is your bragging point for Rangers being good, you are silly.
Warlord is ok, but not because of your post and it makes no sense

dont want belive it but if is true that good classes is only sin mystic zerker elem and defiler and other sux so RIP REQUIEM & GOODBYE

#10 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

dont want belive it but if is true that good classes is only sin mystic zerker elem and defiler and other sux so RIP REQUIEM & GOODBYE

RIGHT ! :no1: you got it ! GZ !!

Norrin : tks for the explanations i would have been lazy to make it again anyway :p_smile:

and yeah , WL , i said in a lower measure cause yeah they still can do good . But anyhow , melees are clueless against casters most of the time , and many casters can handle all the aspects of the game ALONE.

Now go solo raid with a WL and come talk to me again Dragon :p_laugh:  Yeah i know , solo raid sound DUMB , but EH ! let's talk real : it's a REAL FACT for certain classes actually. Epic truth , end of the story.

And for pvp , even if i don't play so much my lils WLs i am pretty sure that as for prot and commie you need a really decent gear to go in middle of combat and not dying in two secs. meaning without that. you are USELESS , and can find 0 FUN in ReQQ.

Again : not the same stories with the most played classes nowadays.

So , yeah , again you right : RIP ReQQ cause half content of the game is DEAD. adding to a BALANCE UTTERLY BROKEN for two years now. Cause no. you don't see in game and battles so many avengers to remove traps and totems. Or show me who.

the lack of certain classes that are not played anymore cause there is 0 fun to play it make the remaining even more powerful. the food chain you know ? no more predators , happy casters. same story with WL hush nerfed and poor commie class.

Regards. :heh:

#11 6268150316190719073

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMozambique

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

any clas is good ,dont listen these aldfattrolz

#12 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Well the game was a bit down so far, but now we just had the merge,  more easy for Devs to focus on one server and make it right. 

So you may see a lot of changes,  some not on your like, but hopefully everything will be running to the best soon. 

We have some skill class changes, not finished yet, so don't get freaked out by them! 

Come and play any class, all of them are in work but all of them are good. Mostly now Elementalists are the Op ones, so maybe you want to try it as it's asked all-around in raids also good in PVP.

I hope to see you in game :) 

Cheers! 

#13 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

:p_omg: woaw. awesome level of ignorance/noobism/dumbness ( select the options you like) . incredible. whatever. don't really care anymore but stop telling lies, please. thanks.

Well the game was a bit down so far, but now we just had the merge,  more easy for Devs to focus on one server and make it right. 

So you may see a lot of changes,  some not on your like, but hopefully everything will be running to the best soon. 

We have some skill class changes, not finished yet, so don't get freaked out by them! 

Come and play any class, all of them are in work but all of them are good. Mostly now Elementalists are the Op ones, so maybe you want to try it as it's asked all-around in raids also good in PVP.

Cheers! 

at last here the typer is respectable and really trying his best. So i won't try to break his "enthousiastic optimism" as again , i have sympathy for Blue.

But still , talking real : by now things are far from done and if you hope for balance depending the class you choose you can still forget about ReQQ , at speed where things are done , maybe come to try melee classes again next year.

Yeah sure : you can probably still enjoy pve with any class. But you would be "nuts"  to go there to for melee ( even a spamming WL) when you can play an "all around" nuker... same story with raid.

But yeah. IF you like elfs or krux you will have fun. In fact just forget as i already said : prot , commie , zerk , avenger , shadow runner  cause you have other classes far stronger. WL , rangers and Sins CAN BE ok but again , not the wisest choice at all in current state of the game.

You want to rock the world : Defi , elem , domi , shaman , saker , tempest , rad are your friend ( knowing the last two are weaker than first mentioned too , even if one on one rad can still remain an awesome foe for many classes.)

At least , hope our answers help you to choose wisely what you want to do . :no1:

#14 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:32 AM

Since when dominator is a "to rock the world", the only dominator in the server is temporary defiler now xD

But yeah, I rock :D

#15 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

yep if is right geared and skill builded and know how to play

#16 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

easy : since a very OP spammable vampiric skill :no1:

But still yeah : you was right to change , defi remain far more insane :p_devil:

#17 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Cheers! 

well i have radiant protector forsaker warlord dominator shadow runner ranger and druid so protector main radiant raids warlord dungeons forsaker dungeons dominator crescent farmer shadow runner battlefields ranger for fun druid farmer

Edited by DRAGONMANdavid1, 27 January 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#18 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

well i have radiant protector forsaker warlord dominator shadow runner ranger and druid so protector raids radiant raids warlord dungeons forsaker dungeons dominator crescent farmer shadow runner battlefields ranger for fun druid farmer

i think you don't get it.

Of course they CAN raid , whatever. the point is : it's NOT really NEEDED. many OP casters seems to be able to solo the bosses with the most needed loots. again end of story. show me a shadow runner , a rad , a prot , a warlord , a ranger that can do it ??

None . tks. Oh ! and well done for all your toons . Guess you are alone ? naaah :heh:  with a game what have near ten years old trust me , there 's a ton of players who get each class at lvl 90 and test it. Know what ? i am one of them.

You can say what you want. playing the classes mentioned above is not the same story. at same lvl , same gear everybody should go for defi.

My ! know what , guess it's what happening : so much more defis in game now ... wonder why. Well yeah of course other classes representants remains. They love their toons and don't want to abandon it. sound legit.

But they have to invest far more time , energy or whatever to "stay in the race", and even like that many classes fail to do it. Know what ? can't help , i consider that's not FAIR.

But yeah , as anybody else seems to care , call me old obsessional crazy guy or whatever. I don't care. fact is still fact. Go in battle field and tell me with which class you can say you do some good moves and have FUN.

certainly not prot in any case. With the lowest damage power (even beyond a rad if you consider casters powers ) and as EVERY BODY get crazy def and block , and as PB benefit more to biggest DPS than any support/defensive class , tell me again , where is fairness ? where is fun ?

baaaah. :p_sick: :p_sad:

#19 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Lol Wl its not so good,ofc if you dont have a 60k hp and 3k+dmg it sux for sure,
1v1 its good cuz ofcontrol
Mass pvp great cuz of root and hush,but if there is a prot in othere pt to remove root then fack it.
Yeah Wl its not a killing machine but do his job.
Some of you said temp not so good lol there is a temp in this xmas event runevery foc with 30kills and 2-3 deaths.
Anyway take a defi its op now every sec heal double dmg what else d you need xDDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users