A suggestion about elga loots - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A suggestion about elga loots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

So the stuff you get from killing elga is really low priced compared to the drop chances. Today I dropped one of those marbles that give you +5 enchant to an item. So that got me thinking, why not buff that item and make it rarer so that there was something worthwhile in elga that could never really become worthless, even if there's a thousand other bosses added in the game.

There's a few options here, either you can make it get you a certain level (+15, +20), have it be like a guaranteed +X amount of enchant grades, or even have many different kinds, though that may be confusing.

Obviously this would need to be balanced so that it was very rare as to not effect the sales of insurances and such. Hard to come up with a balanced drop rate off the top of my head, but an item like an auto +20 one would be probably worth somewhere between 10-15k, so that could be something to start from when thinking about that.

I think I'd be great to have some sort of an exciting reason to enter that reward screen at elga :P

Edited by Precrush, 23 January 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

Honestly this cant be implemented until class balance is there since there would be again this. Summoners can farm it themselves and other classes can look into the sky and do nothing. But from the idea making elga worth farming it would be great.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

This would be something every class could get by just making a party. Only problem with summoners in elga is that they can solo farm miscs when others cant. Farming miscs solo is the most efficient way, farming the actual dungeon is not.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

This would be something every class could get by just making a party. Only problem with summoners in elga is that they can solo farm miscs when others cant. Farming miscs solo is the most efficient way, farming the actual dungeon is not.

summoners makes boss weapons (zau,elga,etc) proceeds to solo farm elga for 100% to not share the rare + enchant drop. Sells boss weapon they made insta +XX, etc etc. you see where im going with this.

Edited by StormHaven, 23 January 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

Consider this. There's a poor savage that can only do elga with his buddies. This here savage gets on average probably like 100g per run. Then there's a summoner that farms elga alone and makes as much as some people make in a week in one run. Now which one of these would benefit the most out of an reward that is actually useful? The benefit of everyone else compared to a soloing summoner is much bigger relatively. So the summoner argument is completely invalid and actually only supports my proposition, since if you would take a look at the larger picture you'd see that it would even things out.

Even if in some fantasy world the above wasn't the case, I'd still go through with this, why should making the game more enjoyable be pushed back to who knows when just because of 1 class. Life ain't fair, could at least try to take the most out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users