Newbie help.. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie help..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lumdmc

Lumdmc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

Hi there, I just started out playing iRO like 2 weeks ago. The last time I played on an official server was way back the transcendant classes were introduced and I was already quitting back then. I happened to buy just 1k kafra points.. was wondering what are the best cash items i can buy. Im still using eden gears btw and im still on level 93 with my knight..

#2 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

Hello and welcome to iRO! I recommend you to use Eden Gears for now as they are decent for leveling 2nd job/Transcedent classes if on tight budget while saving money for 3rd job gears (if playing in renewal servers). If playing in Thor Renewal, prolly some of the best sellers are Omni Clothing Dye Coupon and Heavy Weight Lifter Box which you can sell for considerable amount of zennies. Also lately, I've noticed several people are looking for Vanargand Helm [1]. You can also buy monthly boxes from the cash shop which give random goods that you can sell for zeny depending on the market price of the server you are in (only if you want to take risk as you might get stuff which costs less than that of the box itself). The box available for this month is the Heart's Foundation Lucky Box.

Thor Renewal's Kafra Points (KP) conversion is 40m-50m per 100 KP. I'm not sure about other servers but in Chaos Renewal, as what I've heard, it is around 10-15m per 100KP. No idea for Loki Classic.

While you're at it, take time to read this (see spoiler tag). Quite a long read yet quite helpful for newbies and returnees (and probably even for existing players).

Spoiler

You may also want to visit this thread.

And these are the guides for currently active event quests:

Lost Lamb Event

2016 Valentines Day Event

Shadow of the Moon Lunar New Year Quest (Quest pre-requisite: Do at least one of the two aforementioned quests^)

Takoyaki Event

Dally Quen (Parcel Delivery Quest)

Edit: Corrected some hyperlinks

Edited by Reaghann, 12 February 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#3 Lumdmc

Lumdmc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

Hey! This really means a lot to me. As I am really coming fresh from nothing. I happened to buy 1,000 kp so might as well use those. anyway thank you so much for all these tips. im currently having troubles leveling up the moment I reached 90, hopefully i can find more guides on how to power-level to 99 with the time restriction that i currently have because of work.. :D

#4 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

You can, pls search on username : fuyukikun , he has the guide, complete lvling guild .
Here credit to fuyukikun
https://forums.warpp...leveling-guide/

Edited by Silvianna, 13 February 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#5 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

Hey! This really means a lot to me. As I am really coming fresh from nothing. I happened to buy 1,000 kp so might as well use those. anyway thank you so much for all these tips. im currently having troubles leveling up the moment I reached 90, hopefully i can find more guides on how to power-level to 99 with the time restriction that i currently have because of work.. :D

Nah. I just consolidated the guides posted by the people who made them. Big credits to them. :thumb2:  You can browse through Classes sub forums to see if there's a guide that fits to your class. If none satisfies the kind of answer you're looking for, you can post a topic of your concern and the community will be willing to help you. I usually go to Stapo (Veins field 07) to solo level from 85-95. From 95 to 99 = Magmarings. Be sure to get your regular Gramps TI run. If you can find a party doing Magma Dungeon 2 run, that'd be better.

#6 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

In my opinion, the most useful cash item for yourself is still Gym Pass

[item='6286'].
If you wanted to get zenny out of your KP, I second the new Heart Wing Hairband

[item='18563']

which is being debated on its fairness. Current market for it is 700mil z and absolutely nothing else on the cash shop now has that value. That said, don't buy the box, it has reportedly .5%~1% chance of being acquired from the box. So it's better to buy it from another player, and then keep it until the event is over and sell it when it will get more expensive. Also, as far as reselling is concerned, Party Hard pack is gonna be a good one to save and sell after event.

Don't worry about using Eden gear, just focus on getting a good weapon on yourself for now. Tae Goo Lyeon is a Rune Knight's standard weapon, it can be enchanted in Malangdo typically for Expert Archer perk.

Gear priority: weapon > shield = garment > armor = hat > accessory > shadow

#7 Lumdmc

Lumdmc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

You can, pls search on username : fuyukikun , he has the guide, complete lvling guild .
Here credit to fuyukikun
https://forums.warpp...leveling-guide/

I already read this post. Though there is the caution at the beginning of the guide "This might be not suitable for new player who still struggle to find their first zeny capital." But I already bookmarked it incase for my alts.  :thumb2: 

Nah. I just consolidated the guides posted by the people who made them. Big credits to them. :thumb2:  You can browse through Classes sub forums to see if there's a guide that fits to your class. If none satisfies the kind of answer you're looking for, you can post a topic of your concern and the community will be willing to help you. I usually go to Stapo (Veins field 07) to solo level from 85-95. From 95 to 99 = Magmarings. Be sure to get your regular Gramps TI run. If you can find a party doing Magma Dungeon 2 run, that'd be better.

Ill try to do Gramps TI daily. XD thanks again.

In my opinion, the most useful cash item for yourself is still Gym Pass

[item='6286'].
If you wanted to get zenny out of your KP, I second the new Heart Wing Hairband

[item='18563']

which is being debated on its fairness. Current market for it is 700mil z and absolutely nothing else on the cash shop now has that value. That said, don't buy the box, it has reportedly .5%~1% chance of being acquired from the box. So it's better to buy it from another player, and then keep it until the event is over and sell it when it will get more expensive. Also, as far as reselling is concerned, Party Hard pack is gonna be a good one to save and sell after event.

Don't worry about using Eden gear, just focus on getting a good weapon on yourself for now. Tae Goo Lyeon is a Rune Knight's standard weapon, it can be enchanted in Malangdo typically for Expert Archer perk.

Gear priority: weapon > shield = garment > armor = hat > accessory > shadow

Idk if Tae Goo Lyeon will fit me cuz I really wanted the db build for this RK of mine.. 

Thanks all for the replies and guides. I really appreciate it  :kis: hopefully I can find a social guild somehow even if I just started out. XD

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

if you are looking for quick zeny from selling KP items, these might be handy:

Silvervine boxes to enchant powerful weapons

Heavy Lifter boxes to raise max weight