• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 4830160211133829100

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

Hey,

Just coming back to the game after a long long break. Used to play naRose.

Just wondering: is it, as it is in iRose, mandatory to level with a Cleric, or is reasonnably doable with a Solo (like a Bourg). To know if I have to dual account, or not.

Thanks !

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

It's never been mandatory, but like any character enhancement effect, it can make the process faster. 

#3 4830160211133829100

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

I mean, in pRose-like, you could level without Cleric, in iRose like, no clerics equals 10x slower...
After palying a few here, it looks more like iRose-like. A bit sick of being obliged to level 2 charac at the time to be able to play correctly.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:50 AM

Like i said. It's not required, but like any other character enhancement [max sub-stats, buffs, clan passives, IM passives, luckyspin sets] it is often faster to have them, than not. 

A Cleric is not required, none of them are. But they can all contribute to you leveling faster. 

And just for future reference. 

iRose -> NaROSE -> ROSE Evolution

This is all the same server it was 10 years ago. 

Edited by Feuer, 19 February 2016 - 02:51 AM.

#5 4830160211133829100

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:06 AM

Sorry, I don't agree.

We can distinguish 3 types at least of Rose: iRose-like // pRose-like (like eRose (Europe), naRose, kRose) // Rose Evo (which came with naRose, the survivor)

In the pRose-like, Cleric were lame and unnecessary. Hawker had hit buff, Soldier PA buff, etc.

I'm getting a little sick of that Cleric-dependancy, more when I coming on a server where I haven't any char or ppl I know. But well, the game is like that I guess. I'd like to play pRose like again.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:10 AM

Well, the Clerics here are hyper-protective of their positions as being quite necessary for any major activity. There's been many efforts made to reduce the dependence on the Clerics support role in the past; all of which resulted in the Cleric players throwing massive tantrums, flaming, raging, trolling, sending hate PM's to anyone who promoted it, getting their friends to help them bully any supporters, etc. They've made it quite clear, that until the Dev's take the issue into their own hands, they will not allow a proponent of the notion that Clerics shouldn't be necessary or required will be ostracized from the community and made out to be a public villain. 

That being said, the Developers have made recent changes on the Pegasus test server, where the Class buffs are significantly stronger than the Cleric buffs. Shifting Clerics focus onto healing and support, instead of buff slaving. The attempt was made in the past, however the gap between them was not significant enough to take hold. Players ended up simply making a 'stat buffer' character, which was only geared in the highest CHA items possible, and used to buff, and AFK. They have no combat role for the most part. 

The new changes make it so that even a moderately CHA built char will out buff a cleric with high amounts of CHA. The difference is Clerics have All buffs, while classes only have a handful. This means you need multiple classes to get all the buffs, where-as you only need a Cleric for them, even if they're weaker. 

So, changes are on the way. But the last thing I would say here is that you support the idea that Clerics shouldn't be required. The Clerics will attack you, call you out and harass you for it, and it's better just to save yourself the headache. Trust me, they've tried to do it to me 3 times now, even when 2 of the propositions or changes were not my idea, nor did I have any hand in the matter xD 

#7 4830160211133829100

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for your reply

I understand and agree with what you're telling me. I think the problem is more about how ROSE was conceive. In WoW, for example, the Cleric-like are healers. They're absolutely necessary in a Dungeon optic, but not at all for leveling, they're just here to heal.
ROSE is mainly based on mob bashing/leveling, and this way, Cleric are needed for their buffs, not their heal. Maybe if ROSE was more oriented this way, you could conciliate the necessity of Clerics, without their mad buffs.
I still think the Cleric must have less buffs, but the content should have evolved, to require more healing from clerics.

I like howere your idea of class based buff (pRose like), and I would add a significant nerf of Clerics buffs. Of course, there would be a lot of things to modify, because ppl we'll find the game too hard, but we could get out of this "one-class" dependancy :)

The difference between leveling alone and with clerics buff is too big, and discourage me too much. ;'(

I hope I was clear in what I was saying, but of course, it's just talk, ROSE is how it is, it's not going to change this much now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users