Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

Greetings everyone!

I'm Leonis and I'll be the producer and community contact for all things Metal Assault!

I am new to Metal Assault, so please bear with me as I learn, but am also very excited to be here!

We've been doing a number of in-house test periods, making sure everything we can see up front is working and polished. As we clean up some of the dust, and get ready for the official launch, I'm happy to be able to announce that registration is now open! (www.playmetalassault.com)

If you're new to WarpPortal, please feel free to sign up for a new account, and for any existing WarpPortal players, there's a link up at the top of the registration, you can use to create and link a Metal Assault account to your WarpPortal account!

Special Notice!

All pre-registrations up until our launch date will receive a special package.

The package will contain:

• No.8 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '8' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.9 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '9' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.0 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '0' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • Inventory Expansion
    Unlocks a Character Inventory Slot
  • Personal Storage License
    Unlocks a Personal Storage Slot

To answer a few immediate questions I've seen being asked.

Q: When will Metal Assault launch?
A: We do not currently have a date set, though we're hard at work getting everything setup and ready to launch as soon as possible! Keep watch, as the announcements will go out and move quickly once they do!

Q: Where can I download Metal Assault?
A: The installation client is currently being built and tested.

Q: Will there be any stress test period and can I help?

A: We are currently considering a couple options, but while we're still getting things setup and ready, nothing is available to the public quite yet. I'm excited to get you all in-game and playing as soon as possible!

Q: Why can't I post any responses?

A: We've purposefully kept these sections restricted from player posts, not because we don't want to hear back from you, but we want to make sure posted announcements stay in chronological order. I'll likely include a link to a thread for posted articles so that you may provide direct feedback regarding it, without affecting the post's post order, like so:

Post your feedback here!

#2 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

Update on the launch.

I know you're all anxiously waiting for Metal Assault to be available, don't worry, we have not forgotten. In fact, we've been hard at work trying to get things to keep pushing forward!

We had some complications with our installer client during in-house testing, so that's one small delay that's keeping us from being able to get you all in-game and playing.

In the mean time, I've been taking notes from the community, to prepare for post launch feedback once we're on our way. :)

I'm just as anxious to get things going and doing my best to help everywhere and anywhere I can to keep it always going forward.

We are so close, I can hardly contain myself. :D

#3 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Here's an update I know will make you all very happy. :)

March 1, 2016 @2pm PST (local server time) we will be opening access to the Metal Assault Servers as a soft launch.

What's a soft launch?

A soft launch is kind of like an open beta, however at the end of it, we will not be wiping any character data. So, you can consider this early access for those of you who have been keeping close to us for news about Metal Assault!

Grab the download client here: Metal Assault Download Manager

You should be able to patch, but you will not be able to log in until, March 1, 2016 @2pm PST (local server time).

The official launch is still yet to be determined, but at least you guys will be able to jump in and start playing.

During the soft launch, some features such as the Item Mall or ability to convert Warp Portal Energy, may not be fully available.

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Okay so I got an update from the dev team.

There is apparently an IP block on the game itself, but they said only to the European region.

I was not aware of this during the stream. For what I was informed and aware of, our only restriction was placed at the registration page.

So this may affect players trying to patch as well, not just access the game in those countries.

However, that means no other country should be affected from patching, connecting or playing, unless your network connection is unstable. In which case, we would need a tracert report from you, and the country you're connecting from so we can review and see if we can contact our ISP regarding any poor routing, high latency or dropped packet matters between your location and our game servers.

Q: How do I do a tracert report?

Spoiler

#5 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

Another update on the connection issues being experienced.

After some back and forth with the dev team, it was learned that during our last server maintenance on March 3, additional blocks were added in accordance with regional service agreements being established.

I hate being the bearer of such news, but it is what it is and we have to keep to our service agreement (Thanks for understanding :thumb2: ).

As I have now been informed, the following countries are indeed being blocked from reaching our game servers, which may also apply to patching.

• Southeast Asia
  • Europe
  • China
  • Japan

These countries are expected to already have or will have their own Metal Assault services.

Regarding South America, as far as I am aware and have been very inquisitive about. There is no block placed that should be preventing players from being able to patch and play. So, with that being said, if you are not within these regions listed above, and are still having connection issues, please let us know if you're still having issues and try to detail your issue.

Differences in where you're having a problem can greatly change what support we can provide or what to investigate.

• If you cannot patch
    • If you cannot patch, this could be related to a poor network connection. Providing us with a tracert report, your country and time of when you created the report can help us identify where the network issue may be.
  • If you cannot log in
    • You are able to patch, but when the client starts, it closes on you. (No error messages)
      This could be that there is an application running on your local computer, that is being intrusive to the Metal Assault client, and could be getting recognized as a hacking tool.
      You may or may not be aware of the application, and it may not necessarily be a real hack program, but something was seen to be intrusive and because of it, the client is programmed to close and protect itself. This requires some troubleshooting, which you may submit a ticket for help from our support team, or you may post here on the forums or even PM me and I'll do my best to help you figure it out. :)
    • You are able to patch, but at some point the client crashes (actually crashes with an error message)
      It helps for us to know what the crash message says, and we can help troubleshoot the issue with you. Again, you can submit a ticket for help from our support team, or you may post here on the forums or even PM me and I'll do my best to help you figure it out. :)
  • If you can log in, but cannot play/enter a game mode/etc (past logging in)
    • If you receive a message why, let us know what that message is.
      • If it's saying you don't have enough network stability, it may be your ping is higher than what is tolerated.
        Providing a tracert report can help us identify if the issue is within our ISP network, which we can report to be looked at and improved upon.
    • If you have another issue, please be as descriptive as possible with what you were doing, or trying to do and what your experience was.
      • If it is able to be recreated, it might be a bug and we'll make sure to send it to the dev team.
      • If it only happens to you, we'll do what we can to figure it out and assist you best we can.

Okay so after all the this technical stuff out of the way, here's some more news!

We are still waiting to hear back from Steam on the application approval. Apparently they had a bit of a problem with their new approval system and it's been affecting everyone on Steam this week, but we're still hopeful for a green light. Once we have that, we'll be announcing the official launch date after a few more checks and moving forward with the preregistration package distribution! A reminder, this will be a single package given per account. We will not be unlocking anything ourselves.

Many of you have been asking about the Item Mall being updated, and I hear you. Our focus was getting Metal Assault fully launched. As that comes closer, I'm turning to the feedback about the Item Mall. And now, I'm going to be directly asking you, what is it you want to see? :)

Please come and post here: Item Mall - Community Feedback

Tell me what you're looking for, from the Item Mall, what you want to see, stuff like that. And I'll start making a list and seeing what we can do about fulfilling it and more, based on the kinds of things the community wants to see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users