Another Returning Player With Questions :o - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another Returning Player With Questions :o

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hey Crew!

I haven't regularly played RO for over a year now. While I have played on both servers in the past, I really like the mechanics of the classic server. Before I make my brand spankin new character I'm wondering:

Does classic have any life to it these days? I really wanna stick to it, but I know that if the population is too low and if I can't make any friends quickly then I'm gonna lose interest and wander away again. And if the population is super low on classic, are their any significant nerfs to know about that happened to the melee classes (crusader/thief branch and merch specifically) before starting in Renewal?

Thanks you guys and gals in advance  :thx:

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

in renewal, you're going to play 3rd classes which differs a whole lot from classic. refer to this page for the list of 3rd classes, what they do, and how you build them.

crusader branch becomes a ranged class at some point, i havent play RG so i cant comment on it.

merchant branches also become ranged, specifically into genetics and madogear mechanics (axe mech is still melee tho).

as for thief branches, GX is one of the best (if not THE best) melee class in renewal, while SC is PvP specialized class with little PvM potency. in PvM tho, there can be various play style (because of the nature of reproduce skill) from bow SC with arrow storm/severe rainstorm to spell SC with psychic wave/duple light/etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users