ღ Tatihana00 & Pandiwi's Contest ღ
Hello & welcome everyone~
I’ve brought a wonderful person, Pandiwi, to help me host this new competition.
Each day will bring a new surprise, but being the nice people we are, we will say this, no puzzle will be the same, and the first day will be a cryptogram. We know there is a lot of wording and rules, but you guys are so smart and have really challenged us to want to make a bigger contest, so that we can reward all the brain power~
General Notes & Rules
- No posting hints or clues.
- Other randomness is fine.
- If there is a question about the rules please ask in the post, this will help others understand as well.
- None of the seven puzzles will be posted at the same time. So if one is posted at 4 pm ( PST ), none of the others will be posted at 4pm ( PST ). This is to allow for a twist in the competition, and to give some equity to people in other parts of the world. There will be NO forewarning about times the puzzles will be posted. Simply follow the Post or have friends let you know.
- Please pay close attention to each of the puzzles rules
- Prizes are set for Iro - Renewal. I do not have enough knowledge about the other servers to award prizes, but should people from those servers join, I will be updating the Prize List.
- One reply will be sent to verify we have received your entry. No other information will be given. The only way you will know if you have answered correctly and it’s been accepted, is by a scoreboard we will update after the end of each puzzle time has ended and we have checked the entries.
Important Notes and Scoring Rules
This is a scoreboard event
- There are a total of seven puzzle to be posted, one per day.
- Each puzzle will have a 12 hour window from the time it is posted on to the actual forums, to be completed.
You will be allowed to have a 30 minutes “Grace Period”** after the end of that day’s contest to submit your entry, with a small penalty.
- All entries must be sent to Speakeasy.firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal is to have the lowest score in order to win.
- Points that are awarded are cumulative.
- Best possible score is 1* per puzzle.
All entries will be given a score based on ALL three requirements. Failure to do all three, will result in added points to your entry.
- That the final answer is Correct.
That the whole puzzle is complete ( as my math teacher has said, it doesn't count if you don't show your work ).
Time that the completed entry is submitted to the event email.
We will have an open scoreboard, meaning people will be able to see their standing in the game.
Double entries ( entering two of the same IGNs or another character from the same account ) will not be allowed. Please don’t ask.
- If it is found that you are entered twice, the situation will be reviewed and possible disqualification for both forum names.
Best possible score is 1* per puzzle.
Grace period points are awarded to those who turn in within 30 minutes right after the contest ends. It MUST have the correct answer and show work, those are awarded +1 to the last correct entry.
**Each forum name is eligible for Grace period only once during the whole competition, all other late entries will be considered missed.
* Should you answer incorrectly or incomplete , you will be awarded a score that is +3 to the last correctly submitted entry or awarded a base of 15 points, whichever is higher ( see example 1).
Should you miss that day, be grossly incomplete, or turn in pass the grace time, you will be awarded a score that is +5 to the last correctly submitted entry, or base of 17 points, whichever is higher. ( see example 2 )
Ex.1 - If 26 people enter for day one, and only 10 people enter correctly, all other incorrect entries will be awarded 15 points, as that is higher than the 13 (10 + 3) total.
Ex.2 - If 26 people enter for day one, and only 10 people enter correctly, all late (past grace period) or missed entries will be awarded 17 points, as that is higher than the 15 (10+5) total.
One day before we open the first puzzle is posted, we will ask that people please “sign-in”
This is to cut down on time needed for typing ( for me ). You can still enter the day of the first part or any part of the competition.
Please understand you can enter at any time in during the competition.
In Game Name:
Grand Prize - The 3 lowest numbers.
Raffle - In order to qualify, you must have completed at least 5 puzzles of the competition correctly [ meaning that at least 5 puzzles were done according to contest guidelines and within time frame allowed ( regardless if the answer was right or wrong ) ] and not have won the grand prize.
5 people will randomly win.
Participation Prize - Because we know a 7 day contest it's a lot of work, we want to give a small participation prize. The prize will be just for people who participated for 4 or more days [ meaning that at least 4 puzzles were done according to contest guidelines and within time frame allowed ( regardless if the answer was right or wrong ) ].
( Normal / Red / Blue )
-Participants will only be allowed to pick ONE of the three-
♥ Good luck all ♥
Edited by tatihana00, 05 April 2016 - 07:59 PM.