[Feedback] Dear Gnisoft.... A plea from the community. - Tech Support & Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback] Dear Gnisoft.... A plea from the community.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ManageBac

ManageBac

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NA

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

I would like to say, I've very pumped to see this game back up and running (As many of us are), however there are many many issues that need to be addressed. I know this is only the 'Soft-Launch' meaning that the bugs and problems the players encounter in-game are unavoidable but releasing the game onto Steam when the bigger problems in game are still present? BAD IDEA. The negative reviews on steam can directly and indirectly impact the games appeal for the general public. You guys took a gamble by trying to pump out new patches before launch in which it has now negatively impacted overall gameplay.

Some issues players have been experiencing and would like to be addressed in upcoming patches.

•  Server is very unstable

Lobby ping is misrepresented and even if all players have stable ping, players teleport around like they are lagging. This also includes zombies in coop, they teleport now so op

• Game crash whenever joining an already started pvp match

Very annoying, this started to occur in last patch.

• Deserter penalty

I get the route you guys are trying to take here but unfortunately this is not good at all for this type of game. (Also why didn't we get a warning about the 15minute penalty, I don't think leaving 1 match should give a 15 min penalty) 

Maybe 1 match = warning

2 Matches deserted = warning

3 Matches = 5 min penalty

etc...

Either you change this drastically or remove it altogether.

Knowing full well of the unstable server (or not knowing cause the patch seemed to be released without testing) why bother adding a deserter penalty? Why punish players for the unstable servers? Also deserter penalty is present when doing a custom match. Fellas over at the metal assault discord chat like to do 1vs1s and 2vs2s but we are unable to leave our own match or we get the 15 minutes penalty. Look at other games and learn from them, you do not get penalties for leaving your own custom matches.

• Something needs to be done with the actual laggers

I've played a handful of matches with newbies from steam and the #1 problem for them seems to be the "laggers" (BR people... kappa) being unkillable. But for now since the game is BR dominant I guess nothing will be done to separate NA players from BRs. Maybe add a new server or channel? IDK...

• Resolution size

I've read many steam reviews and a lot of them do complain about the resolution size. I am fine with the resolution size but some players are not. Playing in fullscreen seems almost impossible without a tiny monitor (Game gets super stretched and looks all funky). A full screen/windowed mode with multiple resolutions is a good idea.

• Weapon upgrade/mods and repairs are too damn expensive

Equipping high tier defensive gear causes a severe backdrop in player gold. Me playing a 10 minute pvp match results in a 400-700 gold repair cost. EACH GAME. And this is me only using mediocre items. Players who have the full infected zombie set "reportedly" receive around 1k repair fees after a 10 minute pvp match. Also the upgrades on guns are way too expensive. And yeah weapon mods/upgrades are also very expensive and unappealing for many players, they don't even seem worthwhile considering how expensive they are. I've even heard many wealthy players say that it is not worth upgrading/modding guns.

• Coop bug (I thought I'd just put this one in here)

There seems to be a slate hill bug where the game would say FAILED despite lucy still being alive with lots of time left. Lost 2 matches because of this bug. Please fix. No idea why this is occurring, perhaps it has something to do with unstable server and zombies teleporting or something.

Edited by ManageBac, 21 March 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Mrbainks

Mrbainks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Agreed.

FIX THE GAME PLOX

#3 ninecloud

ninecloud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:15 AM

+1

#4 MintyThresh

MintyThresh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:World 1

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

+1

#5 GuriAnon

GuriAnon

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

I started playing again metal assault by warpportal last month, and back then my ping was very good, even for me, who lives in Brazil. but this week it got lot worse. something is going on the servers. Probably they didnt expect the amount of people who would join the game. 

But yeah. metal assault was a pretty good game by aeria games, and as closed out of nothing, and many of us are hyped about it comming back. so... expect more people joining!!!

#6 Juansow

Juansow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationColombia - Cali
  • Server:World 1

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

Agree +1

#7 NeedleMouse

NeedleMouse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

moding is too damn expensive.

#8 AlcadX

AlcadX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:The Real One

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:09 PM

+1 Props to you!

#9 MarchMadness

MarchMadness

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

1+  But the lag issue seems to be fadeing or is that just me? Ive been able to play pvp a lot more often without teleporters and not as many people taking rocket launchers to the face.

#10 Creshe

Creshe

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

It did decrease, since I think most players who were blocked from their country are literally 'blocked' now, or so I think they are. BUT, good thing Summer's nearing, cause some people can afford to wait for their official servers to enter. Just hoping they have the date ready by then and a stable ping! :3

#11 ManageBac

ManageBac

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:NA

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

I've noticed the lag to casually dim down. I heard there was ddos attacks?

#12 JackSwordfire

JackSwordfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

+1 Here

I just lagged out of a game as it was ending now I have to wait around town (there is nothing to do in town) before I can play again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users