Warpportal is taking over Ragnarok 2 Development! - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Warpportal is taking over Ragnarok 2 Development!

92 replies to this topic

#51 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

Awesome.... Now, its time to exploit what we can exploit while its till there!...... :rofl:  :wub:  evil laugh*.....

Here's an idea for you drop rate Njoror:

Drop rate for 1-2 star pets is 70-90%

Drop rate for 3 star pets is 50%

Drop rate for 4 star pets is 40%

Drop rate for 5 star pets is 30%

Better yet other than drop rates make combined completed DNA pieces trade-able! So we can Max our 4-5 star pets as soon as we have zeny..... Please make this your first update as its easy to change.

edit post: forgot to say!

The dictator has been killed!!! XD Gate: Jitae anyone?

I would not prefer this idea. In my opinion the DNA droprates are fine as it is except Jawaii Monsters.

And if there's a change in droprate then I would suggest to do the same droprate for all pets and not separate them because 4-5 star pets are bosses. It's already hard to hunt their DNAs and making it even harder makes no sense. I admit that it should not be easy to level them to lv4 but neither should it be impossible...

#52 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

I vote for getting rid of the drop rate penalty entirely. RO2 is designed differently from RO so such a restriction is not necessary here.

#53 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

I would not prefer this idea. In my opinion the DNA droprates are fine as it is except Jawaii Monsters.

And if there's a change in droprate then I would suggest to do the same droprate for all pets and not separate them because 4-5 star pets are bosses. It's already hard to hunt their DNAs and making it even harder makes no sense. I admit that it should not be easy to level them to lv4 but neither should it be impossible...

But if you're going to make DNA completed trade-able, and try to sell DNA random box in KP. Then those drop rate makes sense. 

I forgot to add that sorry.

#54 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

But if you're going to make DNA completed trade-able, and try to sell DNA random box in KP. Then those drop rate makes sense. 

I forgot to add that sorry.

Not really. You can only make a good money out of it by selling them for rich players who want them to be lv4, so you only support the rich player side.

I hunted Baphomet this month to get it to Lv1. I spent appr. 10 hours total with full droprate buffs by running Baphomet Dungeon again and again. With 15 DNAs i finally got one set of fragments to turn it to Lv1.

So how many full set of fragments left then?

34x for Lv2, 100x for Lv3 and 200x for Lv4. All together 334x. Let's say you need appr. 15 DNAs to get a set of fragment (A,T,C,G). That means 334*15 = 5010 DNAs to hunt... And that in hours 334x10 = 3340 hours = appr. 140 days = appr. 4.6 months = almost half a year farming for one boss. And how many bosses do we have? Don't forget that the list of pets gets longer as well... These numbers are a way too high... On top of that you want it to make even worser with your kind of suggestion...

The coefficient of difficulty between stars is already determined by the amount of accessible monsters you can farm.

Example hunting for an hour with maxed character (ML40) normal gears:

Star 1-3: Easy, available in world map/dungeon and obtainable in groups -> appr. 500-700 kills/hour

Star 4: A bit tricky, mainly world map bosses or Random Party Dungeon Bosses. Easy to kill but it takes time to run Dungeon or to switch channels incl. respawn time

-> World map boss (9x Chs, 10min respawn time) appr.  54 kills/hour (IF no one else is hunting the same boss!)

-> Random Party Dungeon Boss (Depends on walking/running time or length of way till boss): appr. 10-30 kills/hour

Star 5: Mainly Raid Dungeon Bosses (Depends on level of Boss monster, ex. Baphomet takes less time than Lamort, and the way to boss)

-> appr. 5-10 kills/hour

Summary of your suggestion:

DNAs, which are easy to get -> Making them a way easier to get

DNAs, which are hard to get -> Making them a way way way harder to get

A normal human mind would not agree with this. Bot's mind is an another story and should not be supported in that way.

Edited by Plushy, 31 March 2016 - 07:46 AM.

#55 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

Maybe i'm wrong but the gap between ml20-ml21 and 35-36 exp needed are a really big problem now even more since after ml30 there is really no way to go around new maps alone and it's really impossible to level up if not at certain time of the day and of the month. every player that plays not at the mainstream hour or in the week ends simply can't find a party and just quit after ml20

#56 purplewindy

purplewindy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth America,Brazil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

Maybe i'm wrong but the gap between ml20-ml21 and 35-36 exp needed are a really big problem now even more since after ml30 there is really no way to go around new maps alone and it's really impossible to level up if not at certain time of the day and of the month. every player that plays not at the mainstream hour or in the week ends simply can't find a party and just quit after ml20

I Agree with you.I have 3 chars ML 20, 5 chars ML 1~13 ,and thinking to quit because the fabulous Gap...

#57 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

There's some changes that need to come in consecutive patches, which i'd say need priority:

Exp rates:

Getting ML 40 is not hard, but we gotta be empathic with the people who dislike to grind for hours and pay exp manuals to get their levels done. Decreasing the exp curve, similar to what ML 1-20 is, would let more people reach ml 40, and participate acively on the end-game content such as War of Emperium and Wonderland dungeon.

Economy:

1:250 kp rate is extremely high and we need some zeny sink to reduce the inflation on ro2. One idea i've been thinking about it, is using the new actual currency and implement a zeny->diamond exchange NPC. Let's say:

1kzeny   = 100 diamonds

10kzeny   = 1000 diamonds 

100kzeny   = 10000 diamonds

This is just an example but is an idea to help the economy, new players get along with the game and old players get that delicious 3s swag/kafra costume.

Hackshield/GameGuard 3pp:

Many oldies and $$ makers will disagree, but WarpPortal gotta stop this massive account making/afking/botting(macroing) which abuse a game weakness like the dungeon lockout (Wonderland) to get more chances to drop cards/AW gear. This is not RO1, where 1 guy makes 25 accounts to bot around and get money/cards to RMT and profit rl or simply get rich and say :" im better than you".

Drop Rate:

Needs no explanation.

Stat Formulas:

This is a HOT topic that has been discussed since AoV came out. But it will require either stop future content to adjust new formulas or plainly postpone Nifflheim content.

Class Balance:

Sadly, we can't have a nice class balance without proper stat formulas.

Card Refinement System:

+9 cards still exists, they can't be proved as exploited/bugged by design, but we all know it's impossible to get them. Increase the % chance to get to +10 as well as reducing the stats given by each refinement level.

FPS & Game Performance:

One thing that made a bunch of people/guilds quit on 2013, aside the bad design of WoE 1.0 was the massive drop of frames on high population places. It kills the fun of doing PvP and PvE content due to this frame drop. I remember when doing RM-H and our Priest/Sorc used that combo Sanctuary/Deluge to tank that red AoE at 1.74 mill hp, and watching the FPS going down to 5 was awful.

You already know all of this Njoror, i'm just reminding you.

Edited by Vau, 31 March 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#58 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hackshield/GameGuard 3pp:

Many oldies and $$ makers will disagree, but WarpPortal gotta stop this massive account making/afking/botting(macroing) which abuse a game weakness like the dungeon lockout (Wonderland) to get more chances to drop cards/AW gear. This is not RO1, where 1 guy makes 25 accounts to bot around and get money/cards to RMT and profit rl or simply get rich and say :" im better than you".

The main reason players have issues with these programs is that it doesn't stop people from abusing exploits, it hinders legit players more. Also Hackshield is dead, which is why it was removed in the first place. I've seen Gameguard in use in other MMORPGs and botters still thrive with it.

#59 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

to prevent speedhack set server-side movement speed limit and to prevent multiaccouting add protection in game which allow to run only one game process in system? (like Source engine games aka hl2.exe?)

tho it's just make it a bit difficult to abuse, but still better than nothing

#60 SanaisHere

SanaisHere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Freyja Forever Lol.

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Can we see this changes when WP takes over RO2  :hmm: 
http://ragnarok.wiki...ed_RO2_Features

#61 Rika17

Rika17

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

cant register new account. help. asap.

#62 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

It's about time.

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

to prevent speedhack set server-side movement speed limit and to prevent multiaccouting add protection in game which allow to run only one game process in system? (like Source engine games aka hl2.exe?)
tho it's just make it a bit difficult to abuse, but still better than nothing

That's something they need to address themselves, not rely on 3rd-party applications to babysit for them.

As for botting, they need to figure out why players bot and address the reasons for botting to best get rid of it. Addressing only the symptoms of the need to bot is just playing Whack-a-Mole 24/7 with no end in sight.

#64 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

As for botting, they need to figure out why players bot and address the reasons for botting to best get rid of it

Addressing only the symptoms of the need to bot is just playing Whack-a-Mole 24/7 with no end in sight.

OMGolly! THIS! ^

#65 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

I can attest to the ineffectiveness of HackShield first hand, I created TriviaBot while HackShield was still in place and it did not slow me down one bit. All it does is cause countless problems, inconveniences, and even crashes for legitimate users. The root of the problem needs to be addressed, not covered up with duct tape. 

#66 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hi!

As with most games, botting and hacking has been the eternal struggle of many online games over the years.  There are a multitude of reasons why it continues, but we are always open to ideas and suggestions on how we may combat this undying foe.  Especially as we move on into the future.   We welcome any recommendations the community may have on the matter.   

giphy.gif

#67 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

bots can't do quests but can grind....

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

bots can't do quests but can grind....

You'd be surprised at how sophisticated bots have become.

#69 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Well, this was a surprise.
I was convinced that I was never going to play again, maybe not even log in. If grind is killed and solo paths availiable, I might try again...

#70 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

Considering this is built off the same engine as Requiem, and Requiem is developed by Warp Portal. I think its safe to assume they will do a disastrous job. Just in case you think, no they will do better than the Requiem Devs, just look at there other projects not related to Requiem. The Warp Portal client that fails to connect to server. Their Steam clients that fail to connect to server and you cannot use an old account with. In a word, they are incompetent.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

I don't think they don't have much control over Steam's client. The rest of what you say is still applicable.

#72 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

Hi!

As with most games, botting and hacking has been the eternal struggle of many online games over the years. There are a multitude of reasons why it continues, but we are always open to ideas and suggestions on how we may combat this undying foe. Especially as we move on into the future. We welcome any recommendations the community may have on the matter.

giphy.gif

Your real foe is: the lost time... and right now need a community help when game have a critical situation and dying? ... Kidding? Desperate situation? (Edit: Desperate situations require desperate measures). And your work where is it? ...
Maybe need think about devs/RO2 team and community work first find the differences between then because i don't think right now RO2 have a good community (smart players migrate out long time ago).
RO2 need a Miracle, Savior or something to resurrect the actual deadly situation.
Sad but true. Accept it and continue the way but accept it first, open your eyes. If "taking over" comes next year or maybe 6 more months maybe too late.
Good luck.

Edited by Samu386, 02 May 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#73 Futreskah

Futreskah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

Im new here, but Pretty much excited with this :3

#74 Auliton

Auliton

I am New.

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

Hugo Juice for all!!

:heh:  :p_love:  :heh:  :p_love:  :heh:  :p_love:

#75 Leki3

Leki3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

Was cleaning the computer out an noticed I still had this game installed... It's been over two years! xD

Unfortunately I doubt I'll stick around though. Might be self-defeating, but the place seems way too quiet to stay afloat.

Not even sure why bots are being discussed since I can't barely find another PC :/

Currently just running around and enjoying the nostalgic 'feels'

I know it's only been 3~4 months since WP took over, but what's the actual likelihood of it making a difference?

Hate to be the one to be playing devil's advocate, but besides a few tweaks here and there to satisfy a handful of individuals, is it really worth the effort?

Not hating on the game since I loved it prior to quitting, but it just seems so... empty xD

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users