Returning player.. need advice. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player.. need advice.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 janix2011

janix2011

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

So, I haven't played iRO in many years and I decided to come back and check things out.  When I last played third classes (and renewal) hadn't been released yet, so it's been a while..  I have been reading through the forums trying to get my bearings with all of the new items, monsters, etc but it's a bit overwhelming.  I could use some advice on how people level up these days, and also any other tips people might have for someone who hasn't played in so long.

My current characters are as follows:

87 Assassin

80 Hunter

69 Knight

67 Sage

63 Blacksmith

62 Rogue

32 Acolyte

31 Merchant

Needless to say, all of my current items are what would have been considered "decent" gear back in probably 2005 or so.  I have nothing of crazy value from what I can gather, and I have 14mil zeny.  Can you guys give me any tips on where I should go from here?  I haven't decided what class I want to level up yet, but my goals are to be effective in WOE and PvP in the near future.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

not sure why nobody has answered yet. I would either go with GX or RK.

Those 2 classes are easy to gear, RK being cheaper at the beginning....RK is also muuuuuch better in WOE and good in PVP. DB Type. The AGI Type is very expensive but really good with the right gears.

GX is cheap to gear and do good damage but you will need to spend money on poison bottles to do that, not a big deal for me but it might be for you.

You will be spending Zeny on SP recovery items on the RK where on the GX you won't, so that kind of equals out. RK is also wanted a lot more in parties were GX are not wanted at all. They are a solo class.

As far as GX goes, it is great for instances, and general PVM but not great for WOE. For PVP, it is pretty decent.

#3 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

I would go with RK for sure. RK is a good all around character, from PvM, PvP, and WoE. The only draw back with RK is that it's not a highly specialized character like Ranger for AOE DPS or Gene for single target DPS MvPing. RK is decent tank, can output a very significant AOE damage, and also has a lot of burst single target damage option like Crush Strike and etc. Some may argue RK can output tons of damage with expensive gear, but Ranger will output more or just as much damage for 1/10th the cost. In my experience, you don't really need those godly expensive gear to play RK or to MvP. The added bonus for RK is that RK is always wanted by parties, by guilds, and really it's more fun playing RO with other players than being a soloist in an MMO.

GX is mostly a lone wolf and its high-end MvP gears are pretty crazy expensive. Leveling is frustrating  as you're not really contributing in a party, and being a soloist in an MMO kinda sucks, at least for me. You'll grind your soul out and probably quit the game out of boredom by the time you solo the Endless tower the 150th right before you get your last gear to +12. It may be cool you can down an MVP in few seconds, but I don't think many people really care except only few fellow GX. Many GX I know grind ET, instances, etc etc like a second job for some reason :p_omg:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users