Newbie here, Which server to choose? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie here, Which server to choose?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FruitsCh1npo

FruitsCh1npo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

As the title says, I am rooting to play on this game for days but still can't decide on what server to play. I see a lot of difference in player numbers but since we're talking about Ragnarok stuffs, High number doesn't mean a healthy economy and 100% legit breathing players. It could be other way around.

On the other hand, The server with a lower numbers shows drastic changes more often on its numbers. From 500+, it jumped to 1k+ yesterday (maybe some kind of event or WOE was happening there) while the server with higher numbers was barely to update its player count (Maybe because it is polluted by bots or just a bunch of afk players). But anyways, it is too early to assume which is better or which is worse.

So, could someone from Thor and Chaos reply the bright and ugly sides of their servers?

1.) Economy and Zeny (Does zeny in your server has a value? How much zeny does a player must have in order to be called "Rich bonbon").

2.) Activeness (WOE, PVP, PVM. I could be a soloist but it doesn't mean I won't be needing some people in my adventure, Having friends, Guild mates and some fix pt mate will be always be the one of the few reason to be online. <3)

3.) Bots (It is Ragnarok so I expect bots on it, but just how infected your server with bots now? is it like 1 player : 20 bots ratio? or much lower?)

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

=

#2 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

I think Chaos is the official server to play. 

These reasons:

1. More population to play with. More people to party with. Easier time to level to 175. Still suck to wait for bio4 party, but it gets way worse in low population server.  

2. If you're an English speaker, then Chaos. Thor population are mostly Asian players. Some don't speak English. 

3. Active WoE scene and PvP in both servers. You'll find more guild to play with in Chaos though. 
4. Chaos has a very good economy. It's pretty liquid. You can sell your loots from instance pretty quick and you can always find the items that you need on the market. It's not a ghost town full of vendors with no buyers like some other servers. The price in the hundreds of million can be intimidating for beginners, but you'll make those number pretty quick once you hit your third class using the free Eden gears. 

5. There are tons of low level bots farming cheap mats and supplies. These can me intimidating, but you will never see them again once you're lvl 70 and doing grampy TI quest with real players.  You'll be buying super dirt cheap supplies from them though.

6. The economy itself has balanced out the bots after a decade, so it's not impacting the game as much as newer MMOs. Bots are farming those cheap 2000z item, slowly making zeny one at a time, but 10m is really a small change in Chaos server that can be made in 30 mins or less using a third class character. The super rich has over 30B in zeny. 

Any F2P games are bot's world and you're just living in it. 

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

depends on your region honestly. if you're interested in WoE and from the APAC/SEA region, Thor would be better since it has woe times that cater to that region.

#4 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

2. If you're an English speaker, then Chaos. Thor population are mostly Asian players. Some don't speak English. 

:v

#5 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

I think I'll answer those questions:

1. Economy and Zeny - Chaos is cheaper and easier to earn money at an early levels. While in mid to later levels, both servers both has a decent way to earn money fast. As for the economy, Chaos has a steady ones while Thor now has slowly impoving when it comes to economy. Although you can just earn zeny from Bounty Boards anyways.
  2. Activeness - PvP and WoE-wise, Thor has many active guild and PvP players there, as you obeserved in the player counts. And as I observed as of last month (I think), the players in Chaos are steadily decreasing because most of those leaving are transferred to a certain game that is not allowed to be named here. And PvM-wise, Chaos has more number of parties and easier to find a party than Thor but Thor has a very nice paty members and will treat nicely even for those healers and other players who are still new to the job. Based on some recent posts and in my experience, some parties in Chaos will talk trash for a single minimum mistake a party member has. Even when I was still leveling in a low level map, I was just passing by but 2 or more players already talking trash. Thor also has trashtalks but only be found in PvP and WoE. Also despite having Thor server has a majority of non-English players, more than half of active players can speak english, although some of them are not that fluent but they can understand at least, so don't mind the language barrier.
  3. Bots - Both server have bots. Both has almost the same percentage of bots. In Payon Dungeon 1 alone (archer skeleton map), I found over a hundred bots in Chaos and only up to 5 reals players (or 6 if myself included). While Thor also has around 10-30 bots in the same map alone but only 2-3 real players found (including myself).

As for the conclusion, each server has ups and downs so just choose what's good for you. If you're more on WoE than PvM and if you are not asian (or if you are asian and can wake up very early or very late for every WoE schedule depending on your time), I prefer Chaos. Otherwise, go with Thor. But if you're more on PvM than WoE, if you can endure those things I'm talking about just for easy leveling and zeny farming, also if you want to have an MvP card faster legally, go with Chaos. But if you prefer a more friendly PvM environment despite not to have a very easy to level and to make zeny (I'm having a hard time right now earning myself :D ), go with Thor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users