The idea hub: post your opinion here! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The idea hub: post your opinion here!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfia18

Wolfia18

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHell, Arizona

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

From the kill counter that awards treaure chests to the select-your-difficulty dungeons, I constantly find myself impressed with how many good ideas went into Dragon Saga. With so much going for it already, I felt an impulse to help the developers make the game even better, and so I created this forum. This is my way of giving the community a place to put their own ideas, and giving the guys in charge a fountain of creativity they can reference when they're running low on inspiration. For example, here's a few of my suggestions:

1. Tournaments are fine, and the "guild skills" are a step in the right direction, but I've always thought that guilds in MMOs feel a bit...well, useless. However, there are MMOs like Luna Online and (more recently) War of Angels that offer things like farms or towns that give everybody involved money and materials. It's that extra incentive that really makes teaming up feel worth it in those titles, and if a similar system were to be implemented in Dragon Saga, I guarantee it wouldn't go unnoticed.

2. PVP is always a good idea, but if there's anything Halo and Modern Warfare have proven, it's that people like playing against each other for the different varieties of death they can deal. Even World of Warcraft has capture the flag, so on top of the standard deathmatch, how about some new modes to toy around with like King of the Hill? Everybody wants more CP, so it would be nice if they had some options on how to get it.

These are just two small ideas I had. If you have any more, feel free to post them here and check back often so you can contribute to other people's ideas as well. Remember: two heads are better than one, so your input could very well make a good idea phenomenal. This is especially important consiodering there's always two sides to every issue. Pointing out problems in a system could very well nip a potential new-game-enhancements-tier disaster in the bud, so don't be shy. Thanks for your contribution, and I hope we really generate some good discussion here.

Edited by Wolfia18, 03 December 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#2 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

This goes under the suggestion forums.

#3 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

^ This

#4 Wolfia18

Wolfia18

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHell, Arizona

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

WELL. THEN. Considering I don't see that anywhere on the main directory, if one of you would point me in the forum's direction, I would gladly do so.

#5 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

WELL. THEN. Considering I don't see that anywhere on the main directory, if one of you would point me in the forum's direction, I would gladly do so.

http://forums.warppo...ls-suggestions/

there

#6 Wolfia18

Wolfia18

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHell, Arizona

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/forum/114-proposals-suggestions/

there

Thank you.