A theory on duplicates. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A theory on duplicates.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Dude we may be using the word item dup it could be as simple as a bug the gms havent found. Or a dup method that works. Whatever it is there are dupped items on the server. A lot of which keep getting wiped.

No use denying it.

Now this server and game is like a million years old. It could be hacked. Hell someone could have gave themselves gm rights. Although I doubt it because it would have caught already.

KRO has had problems with it in the past and patched whatever they discovered, I just wish I could find those pages again to show camp.

And yes everyone knows you love the gms. That doesnt mean that something cant get passed them and has to be fixed. Snoop around and find out how and Camp will give you vip for life!

OP: I think you might be on to something. Test it out with a new account!!

Edited by Mayhem, 27 April 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

there's also been issues with the original mailbox system which is why it's so restricted in terms of what can be sent via that service now. and there was a rollback last year (not the 30000% exp rate rollback) due to duplication problems as well.

#28 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

>.> take it easy on the shrooms man

At times, I have to let out energy and have fun expressing my unrestrained feelings.  I'm 100% clean.

Dude we may be using the word item dup it could be as simple as a bug the gms havent found. Or a dup method that works. Whatever it is there are dupped items on the server. A lot of which keep getting wiped.

I was generally refering to so called "programs" that can duplicate items.  There's no such thing that exists where you can duplicate items from outside the server.  It sucks because people still fall for that trap and get their account compromised all due to a keylogger they unknowingly installed.

However, I am aware of server side bugs and exploits.  As Campitor expressed in his Ask Camp thread, iRO's problems are increasing.  Pushing content may have a role in this.  Btw, these are easy to track down once caught early.  So I'm speculating there was a method someone kept secret to the T for awhile and things got out of hand.

My apologies for not being specific earlier.

Edited by cory, 27 April 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#29 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

there's also been issues with the original mailbox system which is why it's so restricted in terms of what can be sent via that service now. and there was a rollback last year (not the 30000% exp rate rollback) due to duplication problems as well.

We all remember that day. (30000% exp one)

screenChaos036.jpg

Edited by Havenn, 27 April 2016 - 11:43 AM.

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

august 14 2015 never forget

#31 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:13 PM

That detard was just a mith

#32 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

If you wanna talk about duplicates check this out

I was in juno a few years ago on my blue-dyed scholar withe blue hair of a specific style, named Cecilia Stormwind. I'd had this character for years even back then.

There was another scholar there... same dye... same hair color... same hair style. Named.... Cecilia. She claimed she'd had that character for years too.

I mean, wtf. This is twilight zone level coincidence here. Total clone/copy. Like twins separated at birth.

#33 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

No, no, no you are making this more complicated. Duping is very easy.

First put everything that you want to dupe in your inventory. Second, find a nice field without anyone around and drop everything you want to dupe. In case the items are character/account bound you'll have to find a decent NPC and sell them all to the selected NPC. Lastly, logout and don't ever login for the next 24 hours.

Congratulations!

Spoiler

Edited by ChaoticRK, 27 April 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#34 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

If you wanna talk about duplicates check this out

I was in juno a few years ago on my blue-dyed scholar withe blue hair of a specific style, named Cecilia Stormwind. I'd had this character for years even back then.

There was another scholar there... same dye... same hair color... same hair style. Named.... Cecilia. She claimed she'd had that character for years too.

I mean, wtf. This is twilight zone level coincidence here. Total clone/copy. Like twins separated at birth.

That is so fudged. I would freak out

#35 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Doppelganger...

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

Totally right???

#37 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

Almost every MMO games use pseudo RNG, which is calculated based on whatever factor such as time seed, network packet, server-sided variables, etc , etc etc. You may be spamming button and ended up opening 2 OCA consecutively which all the variables still remain the same. Therefore it just spits out 2 Maya Card because RNG is not really true RNG. 

On interesting notes, I've heard some claims that smashing upgrading button very quickly generally resulted in more Ore usage or failed upgrade together, and waiting for particular interval after the prompt to upgrade sometimes give out better yield. This could suggest that there are part of the RNG  calculation may be based on time variables. True RNG should give some what of an equal distribution of success regardless of whether you spam that button or not. Anyways, abusing RNG would be a bannable offense in any online game I think.

Also the lucky box is pretty interesting. I opened 5 of them consecutively at an instant, and get all HE bubble gum. Yet if I open once a day, I get a lot more variety distribution of items.

All just a theory though, take it with a lick of salt hahaha. 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 28 April 2016 - 05:37 AM.

#38 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

BTW, how much is a Maya Purple Card worth? A friend of mine got one from an MCA yesterday.

#39 DoctorTame

DoctorTame

I made it Off Topic

• Ragnarok Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Not much, I have been selling for 120m just to get rid of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users