Question on how to fax documents to WP from another country? Help needed. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question on how to fax documents to WP from another country? Help needed.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi all,

A little background on my concern; I filed a ticket to WP support to have one of my character reset to a 1/1 High Novice having the reason that, I am unable to

create a new character with my account being 10/9 due to prior VAS availment.

At topic, my request was granted, but they are requiring me to send a fax indicating proof of my identity.

Now the problem is, I live outside the US, in particular, the Philippines. Faxing documents here is not that popular, let alone commercial ones who offered this kind of service

are few to non-existent. (I live in a province, a rural area)

How would I be able to fax the required documents? Can't this be done via email?

Edited by kest21, 03 May 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hi,

If you have trusted people you know that can help you fax, would be the best option. When i tried to reset I needed one of my Guildies to do it for me.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

Online Fax services are okay to use.

Suggested: 

https://faxzero.com/

Edited by VModCinnamon, 03 May 2016 - 03:46 PM.
Updated with URL.

#4 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

If you have trusted people you know that can help you fax, would be the best option. When i tried to reset I needed one of my Guildies to do it for me.

Sadly, I don't. I am playing in Thor server and most of us (seldom I see a character that talks to me in English) are also from PH, but thanks for the idea.

Online Fax services are okay to use.

Suggested: 

https://faxzero.com/

Thanks for this, I'll try it ASAP. I'll update this post on how it goes.

Edited by kest21, 03 May 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#5 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:26 AM

Update: Have my char resetted. Problem now is, NPC won't make me into a High Merchant. Thinking the two weeks waiting and efforts done will just turn into waste. -_-

#6 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:36 AM

Reply to your original ticket even if its closed (you can re-open it) and have the GMs reset your job change quest flags for that particular character. If your original character was 3rd class then have them reset that particular one as well.

#7 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:19 AM

Reply to your original ticket even if its closed (you can re-open it) and have the GMs reset your job change quest flags for that particular character. If your original character was 3rd class then have them reset that particular one as well.

well they replied this: 

Hello again xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us once again. I wish to inform you that, unfortunately, your previously Archbishop character cannot change class to High Merchant, even though it has been reset to a High Novice. The character is essentially on the same path. For clarification and more information on this, please visit this page: http://irowiki.org/wiki/High_Novice

I hope this clears things up for you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day!

xxxxxx

WarpPortal Support Team

Follow us on Twitter: @WarpPortal

Guess, I'm stuck with a character slot that I will never use though I literally paid for that one slot with my character transfer availment. Sigh.

Soon to be done with the game anyway. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 May 2016 - 06:34 AM.
Changed font, don't use red/bold font in that manner please.

#8 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:09 AM

um, it kinda obvious though. unless you request to reset as novice, you could start over again.

idk if you delete that character, will the slot still exist ? 

#9 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:50 AM

Given the materials at hand which I've relied on to file my case. I didn't come across the idea that they could provide a char reset to a novice. But, I've already asked them if this would be possible.

Also, I know how rebirthing works and it's limitation on choosing consequent jobs. 

Lastly, I wouldn't bother them if I deleted the character myself and the slot won't be lost. Would I?

#10 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:28 AM

Sorry to hear. I had no idea that you were not of the Merchant class type when you mentioned that the npc wouldn't turn you into a High Merchant. I simply assumed that the quest flags were left as is after reset. Since you have no other choice, what you can do is reply to the ticket and have them revert your character back to Archbishop. I believe its been mentioned a few times to people who asked for it, the GM team will not reset a character to Novice but they do free resets to High Novice.

@folkvangr: The way it works is that once your character slots go above the default "9" every new slot that gets added will become "temporary" in such a way that if you were to delete a character from your a/c of "10" slots, you will lose the extra slot and revert back to "9" slots. This is why when opting for a Character Transfer VAS, I believe its best to do it on an a/c full of Novices instead of a fixed class character unless you are certain you want said class on your main account.

#11 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Sorry to hear. I had no idea that you were not of the Merchant class type when you mentioned that the npc wouldn't turn you into a High Merchant. I simply assumed that the quest flags were left as is after reset. Since you have no other choice, what you can do is reply to the ticket and have them revert your character back to Archbishop. I believe its been mentioned a few times to people who asked for it, the GM team will not reset a character to Novice but they do free resets to High Novice.

@folkvangr: The way it works is that once your character slots go above the default "9" every new slot that gets added will become "temporary" in such a way that if you were to delete a character from your a/c of "10" slots, you will lose the extra slot and revert back to "9" slots. This is why when opting for a Character Transfer VAS, I believe its best to do it on an a/c full of Novices instead of a fixed class character unless you are certain you want said class on your main account.

I understand now what the GM asked me prior with the reset of that, they cannot simply erase quest logs and just asked for a specified one that I wanted to delete... Should I won't mind this, he'll go with the reset.

Nope, I'm not gonna ask for a revert. Don't plan on playing an AB anymore. 

And with due process this long; Vacation time is almost over; Yeah! I think I'll just spend little to no time with the game.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

as long as you don't have more than 9 chars on the account and are VIP, you can delete as many chars as you want without losing slots. if you have more than 9 chars tho deleting a char will result in the loss of a slot, at least until you VAS transfer a char from a second account over to the original.

#13 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Good news everyone, especially to me :)

After my last reply on the support team, a week has passed. (thought my concern was trashed because of unlikely favorable response from the support team, I didn't even bother to check anything at all)

Well, the support manager approved my request of a reset to a 1/1 Novice, that I now turned to a Merchant. Dang! the support team is like the game, when you think you can't get lucky, you will and pull you back again to play. 

P.S. my take on my messages to them is polite reason and clear with what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users