• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

I think its great for Physical RK when mobbing. We don't need crit shadow armor when mobbing and can free up shield and shoes(Liberation) slot as well. Does this mean death to Hunterfly cards? Damn, I just made a +9 double Malicious VFear too. Maybe my old Double Diligent VFear will be worth something now if I enchant it.

#2 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:14 AM

what is the effect or proc rate on that thing? i dun want to log into ro right now...
weapon for mobbing will always be thanatos great sword. Dont waste VF with HF card.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

Set gives 4% chance to absorb 2% dmg as hp. Extra 1% absorbed every 5 refines on the set, 8% total at +30. Meh

There will be better stuff in the future, and will break this set, and make ppl reset their skills :v

#4 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:41 AM

what is the effect or proc rate on that thing? i dun want to log into ro right now...
weapon for mobbing will always be thanatos great sword. Dont waste VF with HF card.

But Violet Fear can be enchanted. FS12 is like having 2 gold scaraba cards already. For sp leech you can always go incubus pet and Nid garb. With malicous shadow set its only obvious to go with more attack power.

Edited by jiggity, 06 May 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#5 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Set gives 4% chance to absorb 2% dmg as hp. Extra 1% absorbed every 5 refines on the set, 8% total at +30. Meh

There will be better stuff in the future, and will break this set, and make ppl reset their skills :v

it might not be that bad because of how leeching gear stack.

But Violet Fear can be enchanted. FS12 is like having 2 gold scaraba cards already. For sp leech you can always go incubus pet and Nid garb. With malicous shadow set its only obvious to go with more attack power.

Thanatos is more cost effective and better at sp leeching.

yes, you will gain around 40 atk by using gold scarab, but you will lose even more atk if you switch fsFAW to Nid.
As for me, i dont feel that Incub+Rwh is enough for sp leeching, especially when i run HE setup.

#6 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

that malicious set is better for GXs what doesn't want to invest in blood sucker. give it 1 week and you will get a very cheap +0 set.. for RK? nah, not a good deal...

Edited by Legendario2300, 06 May 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

When we receive the class specific sets, since they are not restricted by class, Swordsman classes can use the Rogue Shadow Shoes, for an extra up to 50 ATK.

#8 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

I agree with that. The set alone sucks nuts cuz of the low % of dmg that is restored back to hp, but the 4% chance stacking with rwh, bs and hf cards..looks promising. haven't tested yet.

#9 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:24 AM

Thanatos is more cost effective and better at sp leeching.

yes, you will gain around 40 atk by using gold scarab, but you will lose even more atk if you switch fsFAW to Nid.
As for me, i dont feel that Incub+Rwh is enough for sp leeching, especially when i run HE setup.

I'm gonna try Malicious Set and a +9 Violent Thanatos Great Sword. Set replaces Hunterfly Card in favor of +25 atk. So my sp leech is thanatos+nid garb+Incubus Pet. My lack of FAW FS16 is therefore replaced by Hillslion Card, FS7 Temp Str Boots, Porcellio armors, and the fact that I get the bonus from Temp Str boots by having 120 Str. I just don't like the idea of swapping my Black Ribbon for RWH. I think my set up is perfect for when we get the new Old Rune Circlet that increases IB damage.

#10 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

If you want to go with damage weapon card, go with percentage card, since it is better than flat damage increase, especially on 2 hand sword.

my setup is similar with you, except that i run: thanatos great sword[HF], fsFAW[wakwak], BS, BlackRibbon, tempstr, and incub pet.

with this setup, i have more hp leech that you, and probably more atk than you.

#11 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

violent thanatos sword... idk if there's a market for that. unless it's for your own end game gear. then again as demliekcake said +% is way better.

last time i was using hf thana + flamel fs faw + black ribbon + temp str + bathory engraved armor (nct :V). no pet cuz i suck raising one. prolly expensive in the long run but it works for me so :V

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

So people hated the idea of Dracula shadow set (10%hp/sp recovery from physical/magical attacks at 5% × shadow set combined refine/3) because its OP and destroys value of MVP cards dracula and sniper Cecile, but go absolutely gaga for this set. I've heard enough.

#13 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

if it is here, i will use it. trust me. But again it will devalue mvp card with cash items. That why some people dont like it. I mean, why bother doing pvm when you can gear up your character just by throwing money at wp?

as for this set, the leech amount is kinda meh, but the leech chance is pretty good. And because leech gear stack addictively, it is currently the best in slot shadow gears for physical atk class for utility. 

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

4x hunter fly cards + blood sucker + +9 RWH + succubus pet + +10 mali shadow set = 25% chance to leech 90% dmg as HP. i guess the extra 4% HP recovered if you make the set to be +30 is not worth it, +10 or +15 is enough.
im using +12 set on my GX to level in NCT and this set is awesome.

#15 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

4x hunter fly cards + blood sucker + +9 RWH + succubus pet + +10 mali shadow set = 25% chance to leech 90% dmg as HP. i guess the extra 4% HP recovered if you make the set to be +30 is not worth it, +10 or +15 is enough.
im using +12 set on my GX to level in NCT and this set is awesome.

I can see your math, like this right?

Chance -> HP gain

3%        -> 15%
3%        -> 15%

3%        -> 15%

3%        -> 15%

3%        ->  5%

4%        -> 16%

2%        ->  5%

4%        ->  4%

---------------------

25%      ->  90%

But is that really how leeching gear stacks? If so, I have been thinking about it wrong.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

yes, that is why my trapper is immortal just by using 19% chance to leech 81% dmg as HP scenario since the HP recovered is really good. so i believe this stacking formula is correct.
judging from that formula (25% chance to leech 90% dmg),
means you need at least 4 mobs to get this activated.
my GX just using thanatos katar + blood sucker + +12 mali set (didnt use RWH since i use eddga hat) which is 11% chance to leech 17% dmg as HP. with this setup in NCT i am immortal using 0 pots. in average i mob 4 to 12 big bells at a time. no need to do extreme stacking, just get it to 10-15% chance is enough to keep you alive.

Edited by fuyukikun, 08 May 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#17 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

does it have the leech effect even if the parts are below +7?

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

it works even +0

#19 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

Yes, that is how leech stacks.

#20 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:03 AM

but looking closer to the malicious set if is refined to +9 is a good choice for GXs/Physical Rune Knights (specially newbies). about DB at the end is your decision if more damage with DB using the right shadow gears or some leech% from the mali set.

#21 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

This set won't devalued dracula card. It will only make dracula one of true best cards for pvm.
With dracula, blood sucker,hunter fly, malicious set. You probably have almost unlimited Sp and hp for leeching.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

It will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users