#1 Fallen1G

Fallen1G

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Dear Warpportal,

I am currently one of the few veterans that are left from Metal Assault back in 2011 and I am suggesting an idea based off all of the feedback I got from the community. On behalf of the Metal Assault community, we would like you guys to consider making a Game Sage a thing. We believe Game Sages or (GS)’s can help out the community more than it can hurt it. For example, if we have a (GS) they can help out with bugs, filter out hackers, can mute open chat spammers, and can help with other miscellaneous things such as helping our new GM. They can also host events, answer questions, and moderate the MA Forums. We believe if we have (GS)'s then the flooding of tickets will decrease and you guys can set priorities on bigger things to fix the server. As of right now we all believe MA is dying and have determined that (GS)’s are essential to the community . Although, countless players including veterans that we once all looked up to have decided to quit, nevertheless, there's a majority of us still that have faith in this game and will do anything for it to get back on it's feet. We really hope you guys take this under consideration and make this happen! If you have any questions about this, feel free to message me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Fallen

#2 HoriZono

HoriZono

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

#BringbackMA

#3 Juansow

Juansow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationColombia - Cali
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:World 1

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

#BringbackMA

#4 Monkeyman510

Monkeyman510

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

+1 #MakeMAgreatagain

#5 Mrbainks

Mrbainks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agree +1 #MAWillRise

Edited by Mrbainks, 16 May 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#6 Trancos02

Trancos02

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

1000000%%%% agreee too... plixz dont let MA die... fix this lagg

#7 DatOneGuy00

DatOneGuy00

I am New.

• MA Recon Squad
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

+1

There is this fellow who has been spamming some gold selling site all week! Would love to see a sage mute him!

#8 ninecloud

ninecloud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

+1 ~C9

#9 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

+1

There is this fellow who has been spamming some gold selling site all week! Would love to see a sage mute him!

When you see something like that, please make a ticket https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx 

For the ticket department, use "Ill-mannered reports" and include screenshots of the chat.   

#10 DatOneGuy00

DatOneGuy00

I am New.

• MA Recon Squad
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

When you see something like that, please make a ticket https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

For the ticket department, use "Ill-mannered reports" and include screenshots of the chat.   

I did almost a week ago!

Have not heard back yet.

#11 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

I did almost a week ago!

Have not heard back yet.

If it's been that long, send a pm to Warnhal here at the forum. Give him your ticket number and what the ticket is about and he can look into it. 

Here is a link to his profile so you can send him a pm  https://forums.warpp.../39845-warnhal/

#12 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

It's something that we can take into consideration. We have community representatives for many of our games. Do you have a more detailed description of how Game Sages worked back in the day?

#13 DatOneGuy00

DatOneGuy00

I am New.

• MA Recon Squad
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

There is a new character spamming that same gold selling site!

Should I bother reporting him? My last ticket is still in waiting

#14 MarchMadness

MarchMadness

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Well Game sages in general have a higher set of authority in the community but very limited

a List of the Main things Game Sages have:

1.Direct Contact with GMs (in this case CMs) to alert them of an issue

2. In-Game Support (Answering Questions, Watching over Disputes in game, Assist Players)

3.Run/host In game events

In the games current state we are looking for a few alternatives to be added to what they have in this case

1.Ability to Temporarily Mute players from using Open-Chat (possibly Normal Chat) as the nonstop arguments, complaints and the recent Gold Bots are a problem (option to mute for a short time not permanent)

2.Possibly Temporary Ban potential (1-7D) this is highly debatable but muting a Hacker, Glitcher or Exploiter wont stop them from doing it so removing them from the game temporarily till tickets are replied to would help filter out the game so "Legit Players" won't be accidently banned and the people who are doing these things won't be doing it until proven innocent or guilty through the ticket system.

How They were recruited

Usually an application would be involved through tickets or using an alternate source and would ask Who they were, Why they wanted to be a GS, There contributions to the game, and time played etc (languages as well, wouldn't hurt to have a few Portuguese speakers and other languages as well).

There would also be a thread up to get feed back and some community votes

Add-Ons

Game Sages usually weren't paid but in some games are rewarded small things every now and then for helping( Usually Volunteers)

Kicked from GS Team if they abused power or weren't  contributing over a long period of time or inactive

There's a lot more to it but this is just some basic stuff that would be needed. With the GS's in place it would do exactly as the post said and help filter out hackers etc and reduce the amount of tickets incoming.

It's something that we can take into consideration. We have community representatives for many of our games. Do you have a more detailed description of how Game Sages worked back in the day?

#15 Monkeyman510

Monkeyman510

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Well Game sages in general have a higher set of authority in the community but very limited

a List of the Main things Game Sages have:

1.Direct Contact with GMs (in this case CMs) to alert them of an issue

2. In-Game Support (Answering Questions, Watching over Disputes in game, Assist Players)

3.Run/host In game events

In the games current state we are looking for a few alternatives to be added to what they have in this case

1.Ability to Temporarily Mute players from using Open-Chat (possibly Normal Chat) as the nonstop arguments, complaints and the recent Gold Bots are a problem (option to mute for a short time not permanent)

2.Possibly Temporary Ban potential (1-7D) this is highly debatable but muting a Hacker, Glitcher or Exploiter wont stop them from doing it so removing them from the game temporarily till tickets are replied to would help filter out the game so "Legit Players" won't be accidently banned and the people who are doing these things won't be doing it until proven innocent or guilty through the ticket system.

How They were recruited

Usually an application would be involved through tickets or using an alternate source and would ask Who they were, Why they wanted to be a GS, There contributions to the game, and time played etc (languages as well, wouldn't hurt to have a few Portuguese speakers and other languages as well).

There would also be a thread up to get feed back and some community votes

Add-Ons

Game Sages usually weren't paid but in some games are rewarded small things every now and then for helping( Usually Volunteers)

Kicked from GS Team if they abused power or weren't  contributing over a long period of time or inactive

There's a lot more to it but this is just some basic stuff that would be needed. With the GS's in place it would do exactly as the post said and help filter out hackers etc and reduce the amount of tickets incoming.

+1

#16 Fallen1G

Fallen1G

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

Basically back in old MA we had many Game Sages. Game Sages were people who were community volunteers who were experts in the game. Their roles were Forum support, where they help players to find answers to their questions about the game. They Hosted countless In-Game Events, where the Game Sages organize, run, and promote events beyond those offered by the game itself. They were In-Game Support, where the Game Sages provide answers to questions, work as mediators for disputes, and generally assist the players to enjoy their gameplay. However, Game Sages cannot ban a player from all chat, forums, or the game. That is a power only a GM has. But as the Game Sage team works in collaboration with the Game Master team, the Game Sage can contact a GM, and when a GM is asked for, one always comes and takes the appropriate actions against the wrong-doers. Game Sages can "Chat all members" to give out messages to the whole server. The Game Sages are essential because lets say if some of the Veterans were chosen for Game Sage, they can always be monitoring the game and create a better and fun environment for the community. Also in old MA, GS's also helped players out with bosses and they always created a positive vibe for people. I really hope that you guys take this under consideration because this won't hurt the community at all but it will help with all of the support and feedback that the players didn't get and it will also help with ticket floods and other things that I stated in my post.

#17 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

This is a good suggestion and you were heard!

Please check out this topic https://forums.warpp...ing-volunteers/   We are going to have a program similar to the Game Sages. This is great news for MA and is something the community has been asking for.

Anyone who is interested in helping should read the topic I linked and send Oda a pm with the information he requested

I am closing this thread now but thanks for suggesting this. Good luck to all who apply! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users