Patch Notes 06/01/2016 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 06/01/2016 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.4.72, Game Version: 10.0.0.18
Server Maintenance
2016-06-01, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

·         The Have-A-Picnic event will be extended for another week

DS-Changes.png

·         The zoom effect has been removed when the end boss in the mission map gets frenzy

·         The flinch effect from blocking has been removed

·         The following monsters in the high level areas of the game are now dropping:

Edge of the World: Skell Dragon, Purple Skell Dragon, Grey Skell Dragon, Darkness Watchman
Nail Hill: Rich, Poison Gargoyle, Doberus, Lunatic Gargoyle, Ske
Dragon Valley: Vargon Shaman, Vargon Guard, Vargon Pathfinder, Algon Throw
Wing Gorge: Vargon Pathfinder, Vargon Guard, Algon Numen, Duke Sky Mountain

Thanks to Zirothos and the player who wants to stay anonymous for providing us the list of non-dropping monsters.

·         The Duke Sky Mountain at Wing Gorge has been weakened and should be easier to kill now

Quest Adjustments

The quest Stop Lavalon's Revival! has been adjusted. The Flame Door Key from Chief Rokko is no longer needed. Instead you now get 3 keys daily by getting 30 Mana Converters from Monsters at Valid Raeth.

High level Hunter G. and Guild dailies (Level 70+, 11xx series) have been adjusted

·         Quests where you had to kill 150 monsters in the area have been decreased to 105

·         Quests where you had to kill 50 specific monsters have been  decreased to 25 (or lower for some quests)

·         Quests where you had to kill 35 Skell Dragons in the mission map have been decreased to 20

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:44 AM

Good stuff mostly. Much anticipated changes on block and the zoom effect there.

On the 3 daily lavalon keys I'm kind of on the edge about, since it's a low lvl dungeon and the gear is a bit more pricey do to it being pretty hard to farm a lot of, making it a more viable dungeon to farm as a result. But doubt much will change in that front. These dungeons just have way too much filler stuff as rewards, useless accessory sets and misc items for example, that's their main problem imo. Also making dukes easier to kill is alright I guess, but they were like the only mob in the game besides those in elga to have some hp, so in a way it's a shame.

On guild quests, I don't know how many of them have a quest to kill mobs inside a mission map, but I found the process of hopping in and out of the f1 to get a map that had the mobs way more tedious then actually killing them, even when those Dragons you had to do 2 f1 for. So maybe giving those maps instantly if you had that quest would be something to do, that's how it works for many normal quests I think. 

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

On the 3 daily lavalon keys I'm kind of on the edge about, since it's a low lvl dungeon and the gear is a bit more pricey do to it being pretty hard to farm a lot of, making it a more viable dungeon to farm as a result. But doubt much will change in that front. These dungeons just have way too much filler stuff as rewards, useless accessory sets and misc items for example, that's their main problem imo. Also making dukes easier to kill is alright I guess, but they were like the only mob in the game besides those in elga to have some hp, so in a way it's a shame.

On guild quests, I don't know how many of them have a quest to kill mobs inside a mission map, but I found the process of hopping in and out of the f1 to get a map that had the mobs way more tedious then actually killing them, even when those Dragons you had to do 2 f1 for. So maybe giving those maps instantly if you had that quest would be something to do, that's how it works for many normal quests I think. 

As for the Lavalon Dungeon. Since you have to do some of the Dailies in it it's annoying to have only one key a day. For sure you can run the whole dungeon and just go out of it again, but this is annoying too. Most of the players have collected these keys anyway so I don't think anything will change a lot here.

The dukes have been "nerf'd" because of the dailies too. There was a daily to do 50 of them (now 25) and for a char with normal gear and for example a +14 Zahaurant it was a never ending work, even with only 25 to do.

About the quest to kill mobs inside the mission map, the game always selects the right map for these quests. They also have been reduced to be less time consuming for a player who doesn't have the time to play 3 or 4 hours to do these dailies.

#4 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

I think this update makes pretty much sense since I don't think it was fair that farming with a low level character is way more easier.

As for those who think it will make dailies too easy, keep in mind that you orivavlt are with a stacked weapon, and it is fair that a stacked player takes less time to finish dailies than a low level character.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

About the quest to kill mobs inside the mission map, the game always selects the right map for these quests. They also have been reduced to be less time consuming for a player who doesn't have the time to play 3 or 4 hours to do these dailies.

It'll be pretty quick to do them with this update for me I guess :P

So you're saying If i get the skell dragon guild quest I should always get the right map? Is this something that should be happening now or do you mean after the update, cause I for one have to hop in and out for that one.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

I checked it again and it's like that:

The Skell Dragons and the Grey Skell Dragons are always in the mission. And these should always select the right map for them.

The Purple Skell Dragons are on the field (who knows why). I will fix that by next week, because that takes a bit of time. BUT I changed the needed amount for purple Skell Dragons to 10. That should make the life a bit easier.

#7 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

What does "flinch effect" mean? Does it mean that goons no longer gets it special move canceled if they happen to block at the same time?

#8 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Nice patch note, and no problem with the monster item drop :p_hi: . and nice change for Lava it will feel better with 3 key per day.

i got one question for you. can you make Element mini boss skip cut scene skip when at least one player do the ''esc'' cause i see so often player don't press it >>>>>>and we need all the party member to press it to make it skip.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

What does "flinch effect" mean? Does it mean that goons no longer gets it special move canceled if they happen to block at the same time?

That is the plan - we'll see if it works :) Let me know if there are problems with it

i got one question for you. can you make Element mini boss skip cut scene skip when at least one player do the ''esc'' cause i see so often player don't press it >>>>>>and we need all the party member to press it to make it skip.

Sadly not, this is something the client does not give us and would need several client changes. I can't set this request to a high priority at the moment.

#10 Makuron

Makuron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

That's some nice changes, once again! :chomok01:

#11 CMKaye

CMKaye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Thank you! Farming gets more fun!

#12 Silver19

Silver19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Are all the cutscenes going to be skippable? For example Red Fox Delta, you need twice the time to complete it because of the cutscenes, they are not cancellable. Thank you in advance for your answer Popcorn!

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:28 PM

Are all the cutscenes going to be skippable? For example Red Fox Delta, you need twice the time to complete it because of the cutscenes, they are not cancellable. Thank you in advance for your answer Popcorn!

I will try to do them step by step. But yes, finally all cutscenes where it can be done for should be skipable finally.

#14 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

Is there any progress on this?

It's currently bugged.
7d166f20bf2eb166a7cf00c74fa289e0.png
Here is an elga weapon with 219 block rate and block damage 15%(lol)
83e2fd0a633de90012952fe5eb614067.png
Here is a bracelet that is soulcrafted to add block rate.
b47041c2cf02c619681a28bfd4cc01f3.png
Here is the result with both items equipped.
8ae92c565b0a393ce134cdae2c2e3f2f.png
Notice that the 49% block rate did nothing to the final block success rate.
The Issue here is that the block rate% only affects character base also known as 0 and not the item.
Katar Blocking also only affects base by 6% which results in no change as well. Luckily Katar blocking add's block damage correctly. although only 6%.

Ninja's also have to choose, weapon's Elemental Elga weapon has no block rate at all or block damage but the normal one and PoS weapon does.

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Servers are up again!

Please update your game to version 0.4.73

After the patch the client should be at version 10.0.0.18

Additional Changes:

The missing texture of the Watch Tower Guard Bottom for the

female Archer class has been fixed

Thank you for your patience and

enjoy the game

#16 Makuron

Makuron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

The picnic boxes don't seem to drop anymore. o;

#17 GnGn

GnGn

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

The picnic boxes don't seem to drop anymore. o;

Agree, no picnic boxes seems to be appeared whenever i killed any mobs.

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:20 PM

Confirmed. We will fix this later today.

#19 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

Well I got the quest today and I wasn't guaranteed a skell drag map!

Video:

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

It would be great if you would just give me the quest name like Hunter G's 8782nd quest :D If this applies also to the quests the quest description tells you to go into the mission this is a "bug" and needs to be fixed.

Can't watch your video because it's set to private instead of not listed.

#21 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

Oopsy daisy, should be fixed now.

It's Dony's 1115th quest, and it does say Edge of the world mission map^^

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:58 AM

Oopsy daisy, should be fixed now.

It's Dony's 1115th quest, and it does say Edge of the world mission map^^

Why the heck did the former devs do such things? Why did I ever think that I can rely on the possibility that at least these "easy" things are done right? *sigh*

I will add a fix by the next maintenance :D

GameCode.jpg

#23 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:39 AM

HAHAHA :heh:

That just made my day Poppie.

But yeah, the game code of this game must feel like walking through hell........

Nice patch this week!

Finally two more things "fixed" that were disliked by many in the community and the daily quests changes for 70+ are really cool, thanks. :p_smile:

#24 ManatoN

ManatoN

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

Which engine is used for dragon saga?

And is it still possible to run more code on the client, also to keep the models on the client side will improve performance.

One more question:

Will a great update (like paris) ever be patched again?

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

Engine is an older version of GameBryo. The models are all on client side already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users