#1 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

Hi, guys. I'm leveling my ME Hybrid AB (ME with Support only AB Skills, including Sacrament, ofc... maybe I'll play with Adoramus later), and I've been trying to "farm" an Empowered Wand of Affection.

Question is: what should be easier to get: Empowered WoA or Glorious Cure Wand? I know that the Cure Wand is better, the problem is that my AB is in an account with her and a vending merch, and with my time budget, I can barely level one char at a time, and I have a Warlock to max and an RK on vacation. So, in these circumstances, probably the best way to farm KVM badges would be doing the seals quests when they are available.

So, based on your experience, what should I try to get, an Empowered Wand of Affection (wich I'll later strive to get Archbishop or Heal Amount enchants) or a KVM Cure Wand?

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

Just use a +4 recovery light, you be all fine.

If it was really a choice between these two staves then just get the affection wand, if all the time in the world then cure wand.

You can always buy old purple boxes to trade through the sequence for kvm badges you know?

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

You can always buy old purple boxes to trade through the sequence for kvm badges you know?

I know, but... 600 M... Maybe someday...

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

thanatos staff also decent

#5 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Actually that's a very interesting low budget option. +15% healing effects, INT and VIT +6... I think I'll make one after all, since it'll take a lot of tries to make the Empowered WoA. Thanks for the tip.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

A glorious cure wand is worth it

#7 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

strong recovery wand or speedy recovery wand for cheap option and no drawback, it can't break too

getting empowered wand of affection not easy anyway

1. you must face random chance trade coin into wand of affection

2. enchanting can result break

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

A glorious cure wand is worth it

I know. I just don't have this much money. :P And I have a Warlock to gear too... and I want to gear my RK at some point so that he can be less useless than he is now, you know... XD

strong recovery wand or speedy recovery wand for cheap option and no drawback, it can't break too

getting empowered wand of affection not easy anyway

1. you must face random chance trade coin into wand of affection

2. enchanting can result break

I'll look into these weapons later. Never heard of them. Thank you. I know that the Emp WoA is difficult to make, but I can stick with my normal WoA (or better, with a Thanatos Staff that should be completed tomorrow) while I try to make it. I just wanted to know what should be easier to make, taking into acount the circumstances that I described earlier.

EDIT: Just looked at them. They're cool, but not that much interesting. The Strong one gives me a lesser heal increment than Thanatos Staff, and the Speedy one gives me the same delay reduction of my TSoD, which have more MATK and 2xSpell 4 enchants for faster casts (it gives less INT, though). Maybe I'm underestimating the increment in SP recovery, but it doesn't seem better than what I can get. Anyway, these weapons are really good for ABs on a budget. Thank you for the info! I didn't know there were cheaper battleground weapons, and that by itself was a good thing to learn.  :thx:  :thx: If I knew about them, probably I would've made one of those when I was at level 99.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 07 June 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:02 PM

If you're ever in Alde I will demonstrate the difference between the staves, I have the most staple ones.

#10 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:32 PM

I know. I just don't have this much money. :P And I have a Warlock to gear too... and I want to gear my RK at some point so that he can be less useless than he is now, you know... XD

I'll look into these weapons later. Never heard of them. Thank you. I know that the Emp WoA is difficult to make, but I can stick with my normal WoA (or better, with a Thanatos Staff that should be completed tomorrow) while I try to make it. I just wanted to know what should be easier to make, taking into acount the circumstances that I described earlier.

EDIT: Just looked at them. They're cool, but not that much interesting. The Strong one gives me a lesser heal increment than Thanatos Staff, and the Speedy one gives me the same delay reduction of my TSoD, which have more MATK and 2xSpell 4 enchants for faster casts (it gives less INT, though). Maybe I'm underestimating the increment in SP recovery, but it doesn't seem better than what I can get. Anyway, these weapons are really good for ABs on a budget. Thank you for the info! I didn't know there were cheaper battleground weapons, and that by itself was a good thing to learn.  :thx:  :thx: If I knew about them, probably I would've made one of those when I was at level 99.

haha yeah that recovery/speedy wand actually low budget AB weapon, you can even get it free if you farming battleground or convert 20 eden merit badge to 100 valor badge

in my opinion for end game staff mostly AB pick either glorious cure wand or recovery light. those both staff are the best in term of heal increase

#11 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Thanks all of you. Oof... from 99/20 to 141/42 in 2 weeks and 2 days. I know there's an exp event going and all, but I'm pretty proud of myself. XD  My lock still saves in Alde, so its likely that you'll find me there some time, senpai. I've been lucky getting WoAs in Mora (7 weapons bought, only 2 were Maces of Judgement), but still I probably am a long way from obtaining an Empowered WoA. Maybe I'll ask my lucky friend to enchant them for me. XD

In the long run I'll likely make a Glorious Cure Wand. This friend that I talked about has a +14, and his normal heal (at level 164) is higher than my High Heal. With the chance of double heal, it's probably even better than the Recovery Light, that heals for more at high upgrades, but eats up all your SP.

BTW, to make an EWoA I just need my regular WoE to be enchanted with INT+5/anything, or DEX+2/DEX+2 or MATK1%/MATK1% or MATK2%/anything and upgrade it to +7, right?

#12 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

yes.

edit: net got fast again

from my experience though you're more likely to get the rarer enchants

int+5,int+5

dex+4, dex+4

matk+2%, matk+2%

than getting enchants that add up to the required ones.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 09 June 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#13 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Thanks. It also seems to me that there's a fixed set of enchants rather than a per-slot random enchant. Looking at Ragial I saw a INT+5/DEX+4 wand selling some months ago.

Dumb me just noticed that I can re-enchant an already enchanted wand... -_- and I lost lots of coins making more wands...

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:30 PM

you need to step up your game!

#15 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

ya'll need to read more carefully.

glorious cure wand is only worth it if the OP is going full support. the OP is going hybrid. GCW is the best full support weapon for healing due to its lack of sucking your sp.

i'm at a loss for ideas on hybrid style weapons because i only make pure builds. but a friend of mine was using his high upgraded tsod during an et run and i was amazed at how he was still high healing for 13-14k with it. i doubt it would be the best, but you could test it out i guess~

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yes you are right. The OP has however asked us a question about two support AB style weapons, everyone that has posted can assume at that point OP has already chosen his weapon for battle potential.

#17 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

no matter how many times i see your sig, i can't stop laughing at it. that bear is F'n funny man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users