Is anyone else bothered by the script? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone else bothered by the script?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

I've replayed through the game on a new character, and I've found the general quality of our script severely lacking. Several quests can indicate the wrong map,and I've noticed a few skills disagree with damage in the description and the damage nimbers above it. This issue is not relevant to higher leveled players since many of them no longer quest or read the text, but it really can give players a worse opinion of the game. It probabally doesn't help when Night Lord to Lord of Night bothers me though, but I do wonder who warpportal hired to do this, because the script looks alot worse than it did at THQ.

If somehow TL;DR happens, Warpportal needs to go over the text when we're waiting 9 months for a patch and fix errors/ make it sound more natural because I've seen a few parts fail to be understandable at times. Now let's all QQ over bad text no one even reads anyways more.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

They took 90% of the script from the Singaporean server. This is the least important priority.

#3 grenadier42

grenadier42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCRAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
  • Server:yourmom

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, somehow they managed to make it worse than THQ's, which was pretty bad to start with.

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Yea....I did a normal quest where you goto Van Cliff to get materials to turn Grania human, (You start this after Arkah F5 at around level 60) and he called Grania a he. A HE!! Last I checked all the fairies were girls in flower skirts and hats and Grania is a girl.

#5 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

I've replayed through the game on a new character, and I've found the general quality of our script severely lacking. Several quests can indicate the wrong map,and I've noticed a few skills disagree with damage in the description and the damage nimbers above it. This issue is not relevant to higher leveled players since many of them no longer quest or read the text, but it really can give players a worse opinion of the game. It probabally doesn't help when Night Lord to Lord of Night bothers me though, but I do wonder who warpportal hired to do this, because the script looks alot worse than it did at THQ.

If somehow TL;DR happens, Warpportal needs to go over the text when we're waiting 9 months for a patch and fix errors/ make it sound more natural because I've seen a few parts fail to be understandable at times. Now let's all QQ over bad text no one even reads anyways more.

My suggestion is to just ask Barunsen to release Gpotato's game dialogue. It's far more fluid and makes a lot more sense.

#6 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

My suggestion is to just ask Barunsen to release Gpotato's game dialogue. It's far more fluid and makes a lot more sense.

Agreed. It'd make more sense to use the British and overall European script as opposed to an Asian country's. Though, Gpotato has those annoying British voices over everything (Not that I hate British accents--they're lovely, it's just annoying to have every NPC talking at once though it's nice they went to the trouble).

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

Agreed. It'd make more sense to use the British and overall European script as opposed to an Asian country's. Though, Gpotato has those annoying British voices over everything (Not that I hate British accents--they're lovely, it's just annoying to have every NPC talking at once though it's nice they went to the trouble).

I WANTED TO SHOOT THE POTION MOUSE PERSON IN GPOT :P

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

I WANTED TO SHOOT THE POTION MOUSE PERSON IN GPOT :P

You think that's bad? Try IAH's Julie voice. AS IF SHE WASN'T HORRIBLE ENOUGH NOW!

#9 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Never knew the npcs had voices, I thought the only full voice files were the awfully dubbed ultimates, and the generic skill sound clips. Also, Julie needs removing from the game and we all know it.

#10 Legomancer

Legomancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

NPC's have something to say?

I hold shift.

#11 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yea....I did a normal quest where you goto Van Cliff to get materials to turn Grania human, (You start this after Arkah F5 at around level 60) and he called Grania a he. A HE!! Last I checked all the fairies were girls in flower skirts and hats and Grania is a girl.

Player refuses Spirit of Elga's quest to make bone weapon.
Spirit of elga: -giggles- Stupid Man.
You get this response regardless of the gender of your character.

#12 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

i lol at the blacksmith in ash mist village.

his/her/its name is Nicole

#13 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

i lol at the blacksmith in ash mist village.

his/her/its name is Nicole

Nicole can be a unisex name D:<

#14 deathheartxx44f

deathheartxx44f

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

You think that's bad? Try IAH's Julie voice. AS IF SHE WASN'T HORRIBLE ENOUGH NOW!

At first, I didn't think someone's voice could possibly reach that high. Plus the laugh.

#15 eshman

eshman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationoN uR iNtErWeBs
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Steam O.o

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Yeah well taking the script from an English-speaking country would be wrong apparently... Oh, yeah--that's right; Gravity owns WarpPortal and they're also located in the same country as IAH, so it only made sense they would grab the script from that version instead of an English-speaking country's version! Urgh! Total disrespect if you ask me!

Talk about bad business decisions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users