Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

We've been looking to make some improvements and get feedback from the community on the Kafra shop on ways that we can make it more convenient, attractive and useful to the Ragnarok community. Lucky boxes are obviously the big ticket items but I wanted to hear from you folks about the other items we have there. Is there something there is a market for that we're not hitting, or items that you'd never buy because it's not convenient, not explained, etc. 

RitchieDagger had a question in the Tiki Tuesday thread that encouraged me to pull the trigger on this thread. 

Any prospect of overhauling the cash shop in the future? I'd hate to think an incrementalism of ever better equipment will continue to be the go-to for new ideas when there are plenty of more sustainable things that can be monetized under the micro-transaction model.

There are some things we can do from our end, and some things that would need support from HQ to make happen (things like a new UI, or new items) but this is the place to discuss and suggest. This is separate from what you'd want to see in Lucky Boxes and Groove packs, since we already have that thread. 

#2 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

:p_love: what is this about

#3 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

Except for consumable, make the stuff available Seasonal. Don't make them available all the time.

#4 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

1) I think you should have a reduced chance / no chance of getting the same gears from the lucky boxes. If I buy 5 boxes, then I don't really want 2 Turtle Hat and 3 Feater hats, which happen more often than not, especially when there are 11 items in the box. Maybe the rate for the rarest item is unaffected, but alter only the common / uncommon ones. 

2) I think the lucky box should have the maximum of 9 items. Otherwise there are simply too many. I am ok with common / uncommon / rare/ and rarest. I don't want to buy this month box because there are simply too many items in there.

3) It would be more interestings to have a gear to alter the game play to keep things interesting, than the gears that just make the game easier and boring. KBC / FAW / HBP would be an example that kind of makes the game easy. Maybe we can have a gear that increase drop rate by 100%, but reduce damage dealth by 50%? Or gears that makes your physical damage increase by 100% but also takes 4x incoming damage. Or a hat that would turn would randomly turn you into a Roda Frog for 30 second and you have to defeat 100 Fabre during transformation to receive some quest rewards? That kind of altering would create some interesting combination of new playstyle and strategy. Maybe the gear effect will expires after the event peroid and you can change them into a costume.

4) You could captialize on new cute emoticon and character skins. I would totally pay cash if I can change to some of the jRO character sprite. I don't play my RG now because she is fat and ugly.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

1) I think you should have a reduced chance / no chance of getting the same gears from the lucky boxes.

that likely won't happen. in that case, they might as well just get rid of boxes and sell the items individually from the cash shop.

#6 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

1) I think you should have a reduced chance / no chance of getting the same gears from the lucky boxes. If I buy 5 boxes, then I don't really want 2 Turtle Hat and 3 Feater hats, which happen more often than not, especially when there are 11 items in the box. Maybe the rate for the rarest item is unaffected, but alter only the common / uncommon ones. 

did you even, Oda already said this discussion isn't about Lucky Box which already has a separate thread. This is about the cash shop.

#7 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

that likely won't happen. in that case, they might as well just get rid of boxes and sell the items individually from the cash shop.

It would be a lot better if you can buy items directly individually. You won't ended up with oversupplied of particular item like HE Bubblegum. But it would be hard to keep rare items rare like the KBC. From last month box, I am ok with getting no KBC, but I don't want 3 malicious armor, 3 malicious shoe, and no shield for it after opening 10 boxes.

#8 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

Ideally, I'd look at slowly phasing out equipment and focus on utility, convenience, and aesthetic items.

#9 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

I'd like to see VAS available via kafra shop so that we don't have to keep chaining tickets.

Sure , it may be not as secured as a ticket but I personally take game accounts like my bank accounts and gives me a big push of responsibility to secure my credentials.

I'm an item freak and I like to gamble so I want a roulette on that kafra shop :heh: (now the last one's a joke , okay?)

#10 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

individual items from zodiac headgear box. 
or a box that has costs higher, but has all the items on the current rotation 1 ea.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 20 June 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#11 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

Except for consumable, make the stuff available Seasonal. Don't make them available all the time.

Are there specific items that you think this would work best for? 

#12 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Ideally, I'd look at slowly phasing out equipment and focus on utility, convenience, and aesthetic items.

Agree completely with this, aesthetics is one of the most popular features of RO. Most of the playerbase is all in for cute hats and kawaii characters, so introducing things such as the new jRO sprites would be great. But on the other side, removing the +10 foods from the Kafra shop would also be great. The reason is because brewing (or cooking, w/e) foods is a fundamental aspect of the game, and it's slowly being pushed out due to the availability of +10 foods from the cash shop (that weigh significantly less than the brewed versions) and the introduction of +20 food boxes via lucky boxes/groove packs.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

I dunno why you don't have rental style costumes/cute gear - always seemed like a smart move.

#14 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

kRO consumables (would be amazing if these were always available):

• Mystic Powder Box (Flee+20 Luk+10)
  • Mental Potion Box
  • Large Life Potion Box
  • Fast Life Potion Box
  • Transformation Scroll Box (x10 of either Golem, Banshee, Mavka, Deviruchi, Raydric, Poring, or Marduk)

kRO rental gears (could be toned down a bit):

• Rental Rainbow Scarf MATK + 30, MSP - 2%.
  • Rental Spiked Scarf ATK + 30, HP - 2%
  • Rental Butterfly mask (7% damage to demihuman)

#15 JackPurcell

JackPurcell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationHostel

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

Put RWC box in Cash Shop..Really2 need it...

#16 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

put custom gears/costumes from kro and jro in the cash shop and make a stone that can de-socket cards from gears with no chance of them breaking and sell it cash shop......it'l sell like hot cakes  ;)

#17 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:12 PM

Implement in kafra shop the pet version of Piamette and Celine Kimi or new kawaii pets, and jRO hair costumes.

piametteminiboss.jpg2996.gif

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

You know my proposals already, I will flesh out the document tonight, might even link it here :Y

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

I think that bringing some gear diversity, much of them we see from jRO, as of a seasonal thing. Kinda like, this week there will be avaiable X,Y,Z gears to buy there. At a reasonable price, and what to implement or not to is up to discussion.

Rentals of cosmethic changes i think are a possibility too.

Stuff like Enriched Elu/Ori 50x box made seasonal again and not permanent. Maybe same with other stuff like Vanargand, RPB/CEB, RWC Resets, etc.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

This is my first version of the proposal for the shop.

https://docs.google....DGqitfC4M/edit#

#21 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

Are there specific items that you think this would work best for? 

all the regular gear + shadow gear. put them on the same schedule as the rwc boxes.

#22 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Many game models follow a vanity cash shop model and it's been successful. Costumes, dyes, new hairs, etc appeal to every player, not just girls. If new costumes and certain headgears were cycled in with temporary effects - think Alora Hat Box that gave increased EXP. For example, every two weeks a new Alora box comes in with 1 new costume and 3-4 Alora costumes (You can +8 a hat and make that into a costume), and make sure that the old costumes lose their exp effects (or whatever effects), then people will keep buying these boxes for its effect and as a collectable.

Other things such as back wings, more different types of mounts, even costume gear that lets you transform into something else that is only purchasable in the cash shop (then lose its effect) would be a model that could be successful.

and again, remove Safe to 7 Certs from all KP purchases.

#23 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

More hairstyles and colors.

Add a premium hairstyle coupon that skips the item requirements.

Alternative class sprites.

Alternative sprite coupons.

Gifting feature.

New level 99/175 auras. Or have an option for 99 aura when 175.

Aura change coupon.

More clothing dye options.

Invisible costume gear for upper/middle/lower

Mostly cosmetic ideas, but I'm sure it would appeal to players.

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

[item='12887']

Make this into a box and it will sell like hotcakes. Other "NPC Purchasable" consumables like ASPD potions etc would also be popular.

#25 ch3kwa

ch3kwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

new cart for merchant class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users