Is there a way to make mercenary auto-attack mobs on sight? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a way to make mercenary auto-attack mobs on sight?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RaijinMaster

RaijinMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/EXE

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

It has been quite a long time since I last used a mercenary scroll. irc mercenary usually auto-attacks monsters whenever it sees them but now when I summon a mercenary it no longer auto-attacks the monsters. Is there something wrong?

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

With the default merc AI they will only respond to agressive monsters, to make them act on your own behavior you have to configure their AI for such. AzzyAI has the option of configuring the mercenaries as well, but to be honest i never tried and checked if that works.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

if you just install azzyai then type /merai ingame to activate the custom ai profile. the custom merc ai is SO much better than the default garbage the game ships with.

#4 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

This RO has Azzyai Configuration Utility can be found in the USER_AI folder without having to download it, unless it isn't an upto date version; this game no longer use what was kRO's default artificial intelligence for mercenaries and homuculus. Haven't had the need to type /merai. The section for Mercenary is blank, but to remedy that, a player needs to find the ID of monsters which requires going to divine-pride.net or http://db.irowiki.org/db.

For example if I wanted my mercenary to attack Greatest General, I would locate my Gravity Folder> Ragnarok Online> AI> User AI> AzzyAIConfig (it has a non evolved jelly Vanilmirth) can't miss it, I think.

once found:

AzzyAIConfig> Mercenary Tactics> click add> Monster Name> Monster ID and then change the settings

Click add

Monster Name Greatest General goes in the blank box

Monster ID 1277

Basic Behavior

Use Attack Skills

Debuff

Click Apply Settings

Kiting

Skill Class

Rescue

Kill Steal

Chase