Claim Bounty Reward After Rebirth - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Claim Bounty Reward After Rebirth

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hello, does anyone know if you could, say, complete some level 90 bounty missions, rebirth, then claim those rewards as a high novice and claim hundreds of k of experience? Doesn't feel like they should allow it, but does it work? Thanks! 

#2 Shurie

Shurie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

You can't gain more than one level at a time. So the exp would be wasted

Edit : to answer your question :

- It does work with the boards in Eden (though still with the one level up cap),

- But I didn't try with the bounty boards themselves (since you can't trigger the proper dialog when you're not at the appropriate base level minimum requirement)

Edited by Shurie, 30 June 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#3 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

I literally just went to experiment it... Did a wraith/evil druid bounty, rebirth, then claimed one of the bounty rewards. I leveled up from lv 1 to lv 3.  :p_sick: That's equivalent to 3 porings. 

To your second point: I thought so too... but apparently you can! I was level 1 but I was able to claim rewards from the lvl 80 - 100 bounty board. You can't take new quests, though. 

Edited by Zeraphy, 30 June 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#4 Shurie

Shurie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

Awww sorry for you  :wacko:

You should have prepared the sproes and small monsters from Eden for the beginning and kept the evil druid/wraith for later

Well, at least you're still in time to enjoy the extended bonus exp from the server :)

Edited by Shurie, 30 June 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#5 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

Oh there's a bonus exp event going on?? :p_laugh:  Sorry I'm sometimes quite ignorant of these things... What's the bonus and how long is it gonna last? 

#6 Shurie

Shurie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

Yep, it's been on for the month of june and it will end next week

We're currently at +100% exp and +50% drop (at least on Chaos server, not sure about the others)

Edit : 

you can find the information in the "Renewal 30 June Maintenance" thread 

Next week on July 7th we're going to be down for an extended downtime on Chaos as we continue work on the DB. During this time we'll have events running on Classic and Thor as well as doing livestreaming while we're down. 

The EXP/Drops event is extended on Classic and Renewal one more week! so enjoy the 4th of July weekend.

New Gramps TI: 

Low: Evil Druid/Elder

Mid: Loli Ruri/Zombie Slaughter

High: Knocker/Angra Mantis

Mailbox NPC and Eden Warper storage get added to Mora Inn!

Edited by Shurie, 30 June 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#7 Zeraphy

Zeraphy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Ah right... thanks for letting me know! I just joined in early June and I thought this was the regular server rate. 

#8 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

I've tried this.

Gramps TI did not go as I was expecting. my level 1 novice just gained a few levels. 1 or 2 maybe. A lot of experience was wasted.

Payon bounty board for spore, boa and willow made my level 1 novice to level 9 (I think). All experience was gained.

#9 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

You can't gain more than one level at a time. So the exp would be wasted

Actually you can get 2 levels per turn-in and if the exp would otherwise grant you more levels it basically puts you right at your next level just under 100% exp.

Example:

Say you're 80 and turn in a bounty that would give you 3 levels, the turn-in will put you at 82 and something like 95%.

Hello, does anyone know if you could, say, complete some level 90 bounty missions, rebirth, then claim those rewards as a high novice and claim hundreds of k of experience? Doesn't feel like they should allow it, but does it work? Thanks! 

What you can alternatively do is hire a level 6 mercenary and activate it right before talking to the valkyrie to rebirth and then have the mercenary power level you in the 30 minutes you'll have it after you rebirth. Just grab the archer level 6 merc from payon and have her kill willows, spores and boas for you and do the 1-20 bounty board (http://irowiki.org/w...rd_Quests#Payon). In the 30 minutes you'll have her she can clear the entire bounty board for you and you can get some eden merit badges for it.

Just make sure when you hit job 10 as a high novice you run to your class NPC and get changed as quick as you can so you can resume using her for the remainder of her contract.

Edited by trljason, 30 June 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#10 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

Actually you can get 2 levels per turn-in and if the exp would otherwise grant you more levels it basically puts you right at your next level just under 100% exp.

Example:

Say you're 80 and turn in a bounty that would give you 3 levels, the turn-in will put you at 82 and something like 95%.

Not exactly, you cannot receive 2 levels from 1 single "chunk" of EXP. The maximum you can receive with 1 chunk is (Current Level's EXP Requirement) × 2 − (Current EXP) − 1. As such, you can't obtain 2 levels from 1 chunk of EXP. In the cases where this can happen, it's best to turn in closest to 0% EXP for maximum reward from the turn in.

Some quests give you multiple chunks of EXP when turning in though. If you are using bounty boards and you decide to combine your base and job exp reward into one, you receive 2 chunks of EXP. 1 Chunk worth as much as the base reward would give, and 1 chunk worth as much as the job reward would be. Allowing you to receive multiple levels from 1 bounty board.

Edited by Toxn, 30 June 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#11 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

Not exactly, you cannot receive 2 levels from 1 single "chunk" of EXP. The maximum you can receive with 1 chunk is (Current Level's EXP Requirement) × 2 − (Current EXP) − 1. As such, you can't obtain 2 levels from 1 chunk of EXP. In the cases where this can happen, it's best to turn in closest to 0% EXP for maximum reward from the turn in.

Some quests give you multiple chunks of EXP when turning in though. If you are using bounty boards and you decide to combine your base and job exp reward into one, you receive 2 chunks of EXP. 1 Chunk worth as much as the base reward would give, and 1 chunk worth as much as the job reward would be. Allowing you to receive multiple levels from 1 bounty board.

Sorry man but I have no clue what you're talking about. I do bounties non-stop and I'm always able to get 2 levels from a single turn-in (assuming the bounty even gives that much exp and I do something like turn it in to all base or all job because I'm VIP).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by trljason, 30 June 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

Are you turning in for base or job only?

#13 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:31 AM

Regardless of what parameters you need to meet to be able to get more than a level per turn-in, the fact is and my point was that you CAN get more than 1 level per turn in.

#14 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

Didn't even read my second paragraph it seems.

#15 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

Didn't even read my second paragraph it seems.

I didn't, because it was irrelevant. Do I really have to explain myself here?

If I turn in ONE bounty for 150 monsters and decide to turn it all in to base and it gives me 2 levels then my point still stands. I never said anything about "multiple chunks" of exp I said "1 turn-in".

Edited by trljason, 30 June 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#16 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

It's because if you select to get all exp as base or job, you will still receive two chunks of exp, so you can get two levels this way. You really should read Toxn's explanation. It works exactly as said.

#17 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

It's because if you select to get all exp as base or job, you will still receive two chunks of exp, so you can get two levels this way. You really should read Toxn's explanation. It works exactly as said.

I'm quite aware of how a game I've been playing for 13 years works, thanks. I came in this thread to provide factual and helpful information and people tried to disprove and discredit it with mumbo jumbo formulas and pointless remarks that had nothing to do with what I was saying.

For the last time, you CAN get more than 1 level per turn-in. That's the only claim I ever made and it's true so you and everyone else can get off my ass already. I'm so done with this thread lol.

Edited by trljason, 30 June 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#18 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

You high from smoking your own ego or something? Everyone else's posts in this thread is correct. You're just too stuck up to acknowledge them because your 13 years of RO wisdom is too good for that.

You CAN gain more than 1 level from a single BB turn in if:
1. You're VIP and put both parts into Base/Job EXP.
2. The specified BB gives the EXP in multiple "chunks" as Toxn stated above (which you were too stubborn to acknowledge):

You CANNOT gain more than 1 level from a single BB turn in if:

1. You do not put the EXP all into Base/Job EXP. If you finish a Harpy BB at 99, then trans to a 1/1 High Novice, then turn that bounty in WITHOUT stacking into Base or Job exclusively, you'll go to 2/2 with like 97% to the next level to 3/3. This applies to all EXP, not just BBs (ex. Gramps TIs, quest EXP, monster EXP, etc.), which is why if you're planning on stacking BBs, Gramps TIs, Eden 91-99 boards, etc. for when you trans so you can level up faster, always check the Base/Job EXP charts to make sure you turn them in such that you don't waste any EXP.

#19 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

You high from smoking your own ego or something?

Nope, just 511.png  :)

Also, when are we meeting up for some Timmies?

Edited by trljason, 30 June 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

You high from smoking your own ego or something? Everyone else's posts in this thread is correct. You're just too stuck up to acknowledge them because your 13 years of RO wisdom is too good for that.

You CAN gain more than 1 level from a single BB turn in if:
1. You're VIP and put both parts into Base/Job EXP.
2. The specified BB gives the EXP in multiple "chunks" as Toxn stated above (which you were too stubborn to acknowledge):

You CANNOT gain more than 1 level from a single BB turn in if:

1. You do not put the EXP all into Base/Job EXP. If you finish a Harpy BB at 99, then trans to a 1/1 High Novice, then turn that bounty in WITHOUT stacking into Base or Job exclusively, you'll go to 2/2 with like 97% to the next level to 3/3. This applies to all EXP, not just BBs (ex. Gramps TIs, quest EXP, monster EXP, etc.), which is why if you're planning on stacking BBs, Gramps TIs, Eden 91-99 boards, etc. for when you trans so you can level up faster, always check the Base/Job EXP charts to make sure you turn them in such that you don't waste any EXP.

344a7f66143012202280153713_700wa_0.gif

#21 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

344a7f66143012202280153713_700wa_0.gif

+1 because Office...

...but in other words, I'm still right ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#22 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

Let's stay cool please.

#23 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

so you mean this cool

05cf6f3013d5fc2b9fef7bc99eb558033b4ec401

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

school's out so reading comprehension is no longer required

#25 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

I already know of this, the hard way...

BUT WHY? Is this intended so people can't stack quests and turn them in all after rebirth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users