Classic July 28th maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic July 28th maintenance

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

Thanks!

Also, more info about the new quest/event please. Where to start and what possible rewards we can get. Tia!

You can get to Brasilis through the Asgard Warper in prontera. Currently there is a wreath available from it. We had to disable the obstacle event this week as it called certain monsters that we don't have a replacement for right now.

It will be returning next week.

#27 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

The CHampion's Wreath and the Promeathan Crown rewards are working. Were testing the quest ONE last time. and then we can open.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

For some reason npcs in brasilis do not want to show emotes... removing them from the event to prevent crashes.

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:16 PM

Classic is open! Fixes for next week will be 

Fixing the Obstacle Course

Exchanging the Vending Machine Sprite so they don't look like a poring

New Event

#30 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:25 PM

The CHampion's Wreath and the Promeathan Crown rewards are working. Were testing the quest ONE last time. and then we can open.

in game shows "laural wreath" and "20 stat foods" as the rewards. will there be a promeathan crown reward?

rewards actually are: champion's wreath :p_idea:  and crafting mats for food we cant even craft on classic server..... :p_sad:

the beta asguard warper iiiiis kinda old, disused, and forgotten. and warps you to a "stuck" location off the dock.

town is rlly cool btw  :p_hi: add a kafra and an inn npc with repair.... then keep it  :heh:

Edited by lxst, 29 July 2016 - 11:57 PM.

#31 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

ahh you did make those rubbish buk acc bound.. :sigh: 

well what done is done...

cheers with warm milk~

trivia

did you know this kind easy, repeated and spamable? quest event are one of the things that make players liked me keep playing this game...

you take it away it also took away my desire to play~

well keep up the good works~

and also

lets see if we can manage to stay alive until next year~ :rofl: with polulation 220 something right now  :wave:

#32 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:03 AM

Exchanging the Vending Machine Sprite so they don't look like a poring

It was scary at first but I kind of like it now.

#33 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:52 AM

For the newsletter headgears, please claim the Costume: Maximilian Von Babe XXIX on your Renewal account. For accounts that were subscribed to our newsletter when we did our pull, we added the headgear to code the redeemer for the oldest account on your WP account. 

We're looking for a working, but not yet implemented classic headgear we can switch sprites with. 

#34 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

Speaking of headgears, what are the chances of getting a Classic-tuned version of Vanargand? It's very nice for PvM - like a Rideword with superior SP regen - and it would be nice to have a viable (and very cool looking) alternative to the presently ubiquitous WPH for sustain while grinding.

On that note please nerf the effectiveness of WPH + Alarm a little bit. It totally removes the need for cycling slims outside of WoE. It's a very toxic gear combo for the economy. The potential for sinking zeny in buying pumpkins is also incredibly minimal when you think about how much zeny is circulating so please don't use that as a counterargument, though lower recovery per pumpkin = more pumpkins bought so a nerf would be benificial in that sense too!

In order to lessen the impact on newer players that rely on WPH should a nerf occur, since they don't have the zeny to invest into the market, improving the quality and quantity of the potions rewarded from the asgard quests would be a good idea as well. Novice potions are awful and superfluous post-lv20, and providing more than is required to complete the quests would make it easier for those players to take their first steps into the RO world proper and begin playing normally.

And finally, speaking of zeny sinks earlier, an Investment system balanced for Classic would be absolutely amazing for everyone. Maybe a long-term goal since I guess it would be hard to implement?

Edited by Hametomo, 29 July 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

For the newsletter headgears, please claim the Costume: Maximilian Von Babe XXIX on your Renewal account. For accounts that were subscribed to our newsletter when we did our pull, we added the headgear to code the redeemer for the oldest account on your WP account.

-.-

#36 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

For the newsletter headgears, please claim the Costume: Maximilian Von Babe XXIX on your Renewal account. For accounts that were subscribed to our newsletter when we did our pull, we added the headgear to code the redeemer for the oldest account on your WP account.

We're looking for a working, but not yet implemented classic headgear we can switch sprites with.

Thanks. Although initially I thought it's gonna be one for each game account registered to the main WP account. :P But nevertheless, it's cool. Hoping you'll find a sprite for it soon. Savage babe too cute, can't wait to wear the hat in Classic.

So now, it's safe to say, let the headgear stay in our Renewal character first whilst you guys are working on a sprite?

#37 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:04 PM

Yes, hold onto it.

The insertion was based on the newsletter option, so it's one headgear per Warpportal account.

#38 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

On that note please nerf the effectiveness of WPH + Alarm a little bit. It totally removes the need for cycling slims outside of WoE. It's a very toxic gear combo for the economy. The potential for sinking zeny in buying pumpkins is also incredibly minimal when you think about how much zeny is circulating so please don't use that as a counterargument, though lower recovery per pumpkin = more pumpkins bought so a nerf would be benificial in that sense too!

In order to lessen the impact on newer players that rely on WPH should a nerf occur, since they don't have the zeny to invest into the market, improving the quality and quantity of the potions rewarded from the asgard quests would be a good idea as well. Novice potions are awful and superfluous post-lv20, and providing more than is required to complete the quests would make it easier for those players to take their first steps into the RO world proper and begin playing normally.

okay fine, then reimburse me the KP that i spent for WPHs for my accounts. because had i known they were going to be nerfed i would not have purchased more than one.

i already barely log in, let alone WoE, doing this would not motivate me to log in at all. 

classic's population is  already low and i don't think very many of the veteran players would appreciate this. i know i wouldn't.

Edited by Ecclesio, 30 July 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

pumpkins should be adjusted to be inline with other healing items and zeny inflation then.

Would need an alternative (pref rental style) for newbies - but it would actually be a fairly normal game adjustment to make.

#40 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

Up the prices of Pumpkins by a bit but don't change their effect. That would help combat some of the zeny inflation (albeit not even close enough for any substantial change).

#41 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

The 200 medal rewards for the Summer Festa in Classic are ingredients of food that I doubt we can even cook? But which I hope we won't ever be permitted to cook cos introducing +20 stat food in Classic is... like embracing server annihilation. Lol.

Maybe you can change this to something more sensible?

#42 Hametomo

Hametomo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'd like to think people wouldn't deliver ultimatums regarding their continued support of a game just because a proposed nerf doesn't agree with their conception of the item's worth, when patches that adjust the stats and effectiveness of items go out to online games with cash shops all the time, in order to keep things balanced as the meta evolves and circumstances with regards to game's economy and such change, especially when the item proposed to be nerfed was a direct middle finger to the whole concept of potting into the market for PvM as WPH is.

When devs cave in to pressure like that you end up with Renewal, where inherent balance is disregarded in favour of kowtowing to the more obstinate members of the playerbase and throwing progressively more overpowered gear into the game to soft balance issues by means of invalidating whatever gave rise to the original balance issue and never retroactively balancing things up to the meta, thereby creating more issues in and endless cycle of power creep, or god forbid (and in this case) just leaving the problem item in without doing ANYTHING to address it which halts meta progression and results in a stagnant game environment that just perpetuates the problem.

Change is good. Please don't stifle change for the better because it'll compel you to change with it.

Also aren't ultimatums banned in the forum rules.

Edited by Hametomo, 30 July 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#43 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:56 AM

I'd like to think people wouldn't deliver ultimatums regarding their continued support of a game because a proposed nerf doesn't agree with their conception of its worth, especially when patches that adjust the stats and effectiveness of items go out to online games with cash shops all the time, in order to keep things balanced as the meta evolves and circumstances with regards to game's economy and such change, especailly when the item proposed to be nerfed was a direct middle finger to the whole concept of potting into the market for PvM as WPH is.

When devs cave in to pressure like that you end up with Renewal, where inherent balance is disregarded in favour of kowtowing to the more obstinate members of the playerbase and throwing progressively more overpowered gear into the game to soft balance issues by means of invalidating whatever gave rise to the original balance issue and never retroactively balancing things up to the meta, thereby creating more issues in and endless cycle of power creep, or god forbid (and in this case) just leaving the problem item in without doing ANYTHING to address it which halts meta progression and results in a stagnant game environment that just perpetuates the problem.

Change is good. Please don't stifle change for the better because it'll compell you to change with it.

Also aren't ultimatums banned in the forum rules.

I'm not sure I would call my previous post an ultimatum, but regardless of what you want to call it, it's well within my right to do so. I play RO for entertainment. If something about the game changes in which I find undesirable, I'll leave and go find something else to occupy my time with. My time is too valuable to waste on something that I am not satisfied with. Reasoning behind the said changes are irrelevant. 

As to if it's not allowed on the forums, there's lots of things "not allowed," yet the rules are inconsistently enforced, if it matters. 

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

So I use WPH somewhat and so do a lot of my guild but:

NPC items should NEVER be preferred over player created ones. We need a viable market. Okay, I get it nobody wants to part with their (Actually quite easy) hard earned zeny - but what good is that zeny if it's just stacking up all the time and forcing inflation hurting new players? And inflation affects everything because older players value the zeny less so they put prices of things people need up, Ray cards, even thara cards, valk items, etc. This means new players have to sell more npcable stuff to get started.

The advantage of WPH is the weight to heal ratio of pumpkins. They are lighter than slims and far more efficient due to weight. They're cheap and that's nice - but for what they do, they should be more in the price range of mastelas.

Which may I point out; Mastela price (and weight I think) was increased for EXACTLY this reason.

So you have options:

• Nerf the WPH and put in an alternative. (Not ideal because of KP buyers)
  • Increase the price of pumpkins, after all they're not in season right now (you'll have to spend more but hey, inflation + you keep the weight benefits)
  • DECREASE the weight of slims (This may affect WoE, but it may also be good for the economy)
  • Put in a similar combo to increase the healing factor of slims (disable in woe/make sure it occupies all 3 headgear slots)

So inb4 "That hurts new players" : Alarm masks are 20m~30m and not that common on the market. So "That hurts New players"... my butt. They can't afford that crap and Janeway should be adjusted to help them with healing items. 

In similar tone: Player made blue potions should have their weight reduced so they're a viable item to use. Right now they are out done in weight by WoE blues (which are idled for and free!), Strawberries (lol bots) and an NPC item.

There are problems with the game, it'd be nice if people offered solutions instead of stamping their feet when others offer changes. I'm also going to advocate a hibram nerf. I was kind of against it before, but the fact that our guild is now able to wipe alliances with a 5 main army and no megs is sort of.... not cool. (I'm just pissed that nobody is left for me to get kills on tbh)

Edited by Xellie, 31 July 2016 - 06:53 AM.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

Brasilis warper deadtiles characters on spawning in...

#46 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

okay fine, then reimburse me the KP that i spent for WPHs for my accounts. because had i known they were going to be nerfed i would not have purchased more than one.

i already barely log in, let alone WoE, doing this would not motivate me to log in at all. 

classic's population is  already low and i don't think very many of the veteran players would appreciate this. i know i wouldn't.

Good points.

Hametomo - "I'd like to think people wouldn't deliver ultimatums regarding their continued support of a game just because a proposed nerf doesn't agree with their conception of the item's worth"

No to removing/nerfing the WPH. There should be a comparably strong alternative to the expensive Ranked pots. Not every player has access to ranked pots and not everyone wants to have to use ranked pots.

No to decreasing weight of potions. Increasing the number of pots players can carry in WoE doesn't sound like a good way to help the market.

Removing the use of pumpkins won't help the market, the market is already on life support. Removing pumpkins forces players to consider buying ranked (no s-_-) , which is a marketing move to sell ranked pots than it is to help the server. It's not a progressive move to encourage more players. It would encourage less.

I shouldn't feed the troll but, no to Hibram nerf, Wizard is already weak boring almost useless with the number of Plat shields, GTB's and Wind Armors.

Hame, perhaps players disagree with you because they feel the proposition isn't a good one? Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are baseless.

#47 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Good points.

Hametomo - "I'd like to think people wouldn't deliver ultimatums regarding their continued support of a game just because a proposed nerf doesn't agree with their conception of the item's worth"

No to removing/nerfing the WPH. There should be a comparably strong alternative to the expensive Ranked pots. Not every player has access to ranked pots and not everyone wants to have to use ranked pots.

No to decreasing weight of potions. Increasing the number of pots players can carry in WoE doesn't sound like a good way to help the market.

Removing the use of pumpkins won't help the market, the market is already on life support. Removing pumpkins forces players to consider buying ranked (no s-_-) , which is a marketing move to sell ranked pots than it is to help the server. It's not a progressive move to encourage more players. It would encourage less.

I shouldn't feed the troll but, no to Hibram nerf, Wizard is already weak boring almost useless with the number of Plat shields, GTB's and Wind Armors.

Hame, perhaps players disagree with you because they feel the proposition isn't a good one? Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are baseless.

Xellie never stated to remove Pumpkins, she rather presented several ways of how to deal with the WPH. As someone that studied economics I do think increasing the price of Pumpkins would get rid of SOME of the zeny on the market. But you also have offer an alternative for new players at the same time. However when we take a look at this realistically the amount of Zeny taken out of the economy would be negligible at best. It's not really a solution to the problem unless we put in way more comparable zeny sinks into the game.

An alternative head gear that makes white slims more powerful outside of WoE is actually something that me and Xellie were talking about earlier too. I actually think this might be a nice idea, though once again I highly doubt that this will actually provide a substantial change to the economy of this server.

As far as Hibram goes: I've never been a fan of changing WoE mechanics be it MVP cards or GL items. I'd be okay with having an additional WoE per week where these sort of tweaks can be applied but I'm not too fond of it to be honest.

Edited by lyndel84, 31 July 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

ITT:

People who don't want to pot trying to stifle the market. Slims would be available to everyone because they would sell #howdoeseconomicswork #howdoesvendingwork #broiroishard #justpot

I'm getting bored of guilds running away because we have a hibram and they all die in one tick of sg #howdoeswoework #stoprunningaway #please

Sorry practicing my #socialmediaskillz #isthispostannoyingyou #firstworldproblems

Of course, more people than just my guild can and do pot. It would be better for them to be on the market for everyone to have access to than just the chosen few. Oh well. More supplies for me I guess.

Edited by Xellie, 31 July 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#49 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

Brasilis warper deadtiles characters on spawning in...

Where is the Brasillis warper?

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

Its the asgard warper thing by the prontera spawn / bg npc