New PvP game mode! - by PvP player Exaltion :) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New PvP game mode! - by PvP player Exaltion :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:23 AM

Hi there, I saw a comment in Rose community chat a few days ago about how PvP game modes only start at a specific time of day (or night depending on your time zone) So it got me thinking, why is it that people could do dungeons all day and night to earn valor but PvP games for honor only start at a specific time during the day? Well I thought it seemed like PvP players are put into circumstances where they must PvM in order to convert valor into honor. So in this case, PvP players can't live off of just doing PvP but PvM players can live off PvM. What I mean by that is, PvP players don't get drops and game modes are restricted to a limited time of day while PvM players can farm and get those drops and do dungeons for valor at almost any given time. So I am here to try my best to address this issue. In the current state of the game, PvP game modes struggle to start for several reasons. Lack of players, AFK (away from keyboard) or no cleric on 1 side, which then encourages AFK. However through out the day at most times we have players doing PvP action in Junon Cartel or Training Grounds. These players enjoy player to player interactions which is why they PvP. PvM players on the other hand enjoy killing monsters or do it for the sake of reward. A strict PvP player like myself are put into circumstances where I must PvM for reward. However I am willing to PvP for the enjoyment of player to player interaction which is why I do it regardless if there is a virtual reward or not. So here is my suggestion: a PvP game mode consisting of a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. The current PvP game modes don't start because of a lack of active players or just the time zone differences. I believe some players can't even play PvP game modes because of the time zone, which hinders the Rose Online experience for them. Second part: Group queue is a must so that you find an opponent yourself. Part three: because you find the opponent yourself means you can't multi client (like how it works in other game modes already). Part four: the opponent must be within 5 levels of you. Part five: Limit to 1 red and blue pot (once it goes on cooldown, it will not refresh) Part six: 

So what happens in this game mode? You queue up with someone and you PvP them. Upon entering this game mode, 1 v 1 or a 2 v 2 depending on how many people are in your group 2 or 4, you will be teleported into a room (similar to AA) as an individual or a teammate where you can self buff change gears etc.. And you may be able to see which opponent(s) your facing from your group queue by clicking Alt + G - Groups tab - Opponent tab. After 30 seconds or so you will be teleported into a map (like the PvP tournament map on Pegasus - gm I hope you know which one I am talking about. The green field with the circular design - its been premade, I want you to make use of it) So anyways, this is about whoever drops first loses. PvP in Junon Cartel happens regardless but this just helps people grind mobs less for those who dont enjoy it too much. Maybe a feature at the end like the scoreboard except this one should keep records of how much honor a person has earned from this particular pvp game mode, and highest win streak etc.. Winner and loser should both get honor but winning gets you a bit more. This way atleast the loser would have some reward from participation.

Sorry what do you guys think? Should they make something like this? I think this could also allow new players to PvP each other, not just maxed level. What seems to happen is lower levels do not get to PvP because they want to level or they have to go to a PvP zone but that strays away from killing mobs and leveling up. With this queue implemented, lowbies can PvP each other regardless of their current location and games could happen at any given time. I hope you guys as a community upvote this idea, give some feedback, and make this game even better =)

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

https://forums.warpp...e-to-the-arena/

Edited by Feuer, 03 August 2016 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users