Patch Notes: August 3, 2016 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: August 3, 2016

36 replies to this topic

#26 HyunSooK02

HyunSooK02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

why not:-

delete 2x dmg from hider, 
delete cure from SM, 
... Blah blah blah

Removing the ×2 Damage from hide state could be a good beginning for classes balancing, since it is one of the most problematic things in the game.
But at the moment I do not see it possible, I think they should work on the cooldowns, skills distance, and in the damage percent of the skills.
I'll add a few examples below:

Swordman/Knight:

Shield Boomerang:

[Active][Multi-Target][Can-Critical hit]
Skill Level: 1 » 10

Multi-Target: 10 Enemies
Multi-Target: 5 Enemies

Skill Range: 20 meter
Skill Range: 15 meter

Physical ATK:184%/205%/227%/248%/270%/292%/313%/335%/356%/378%
Physical ATK:152%/168%/183%/199%/214%/230%/245%/261%/276%/292%

Cooldown: 15 seconds
Cooldown: 35 seconds Doing something like this(Small changes) every week wouldn't be bad/hard, until reach a pretty good balance without having to modify critical things(Skills)... or simply use this system until a skill rework in some classes

Edited by HyunSooK02, 03 August 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#27 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

The issue everyone seems to have regarding "hide damage" or the "x2 damage" is actually a misconception. The current Hide "duplicates" the damage of the skills used, instead of "forcing a critical hit", so basically, it has the potential for x4 damage, and with the high crit rate of Mark of Genocide, you can imagine that x4 damage happens pretty often.

That extra unintended damage is something that is going to be targeted eventually, just as much as BT, overpowered DoTs, the bad calculation of Fireball's DoT (it currently bases of the pre-defense damage, resulting in a DoT stronger than what it should be), etc.

#28 miezamganu

miezamganu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Wkwkwk pve player nerf everything?hahahahaa BIG JOKE..pve player nerf pvp....wkwkwkwkw

#29 Ayornman

Ayornman

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

my sentiment: I actually skip my work (4 hours undertime) just to participate in this what you called VADOR invasion... its not even an VADOR invasion. its PLAYER invasion... I havent seen at least 3 or 4 VADON wandering around in the sea shore... Whose fault is this? EVENT Coordinator? well, shall i say.. its a freaking EVENT sux of my entire life.. If this event will continue just like this? then I rather stop participating coz its time consuming..

#30 RyuYukito

RyuYukito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

dude that the speciality of ranger..

if you nerf that, then RIP ranger class cuz KNIGHT and WARRIOR already OP SO MUCH

here we go again

why not:-

delete 2x dmg from hider, 
delete cure from SM, 
delete imba defend from monk, 
delete BT from warrior and knight,
delete judex from priest, 
delete DOT from crecentia, 
delete ranged atk and AOE from ranger, 
delete fire dot from sorc and wiz
change bear 60% HP buff and normalize to follow k9 20% hp buff

fair right?

every class losing their selling value. so let's afk at prontera all day long!

lol clear u a hider

delete 2x dmg from hider, hider were imba(in pvp) way before everything they can easily took 50% or more of ur hp, the word should not be "delete" more like revamp and not to mention after +80 rune and cls rune hider even more imba
delete cure from SM, LOL what?
delete imba defend from monk, i dont see imba def on monk is ok as for a tank
delete BT from warrior and knight, biggest LOL ever of all ppl butthurt about BT, swordies was never imba before they make +80 rune and cls, before that swordies yes can still one hit (but barely) and we all used to play agi vit swordies, but now any normal swordies can have 3k int, why? coz +80 and card (60 vit and int) ooohh ya and BT only 0.40% crit ya
delete judex from priest, not delete but more like revamp higher cd maybe
delete DOT from crecentia, another LOL what?? why not also remove crec class as well?
delete ranged atk and AOE from ranger, LOOOOOOL
delete fire dot from sorc and wiz LOOOOOOL
change bear 60% HP buff and normalize to follow k9 20% hp buff i dont see why bear cant have 60% hp buff, they cant even tank well lowest def of all tank, jawaii boss can easily took 50% or more of their hp.

btw the dude should use the word "revamp/rebalance" not delete so calm down

#31 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:31 AM

- Fixed an edge case in fall damage calculation that caused players to instantly die when falling short distances.

Nice, will have to live that one to see it.

- Fixed an issue with stationary monsters resetting to full health after being hit with a knockdown effect.

I already noticed this one since previous patch in Osiris, but glad you mentioned it on these patch notes.

- Pet stun skills should no longer apply on specific bosses in Fallen Fortress. Players should now be required to interact with the crystals when engaging these enemies.

I feel divided on this one. On one hand it's good this "bug" has been finally fixed and the content is to be played as it should be, on the other the thought of having to do the quests to farm Jacks or Queens is something it'll take time to get used to it. One thing's for sure: prices of seeds will rise, and there should be less farmers in FF.

- Dead characters no longer continue channeling while dead.

That should fix the orb bug in WOE. :thumb2:

Moar bug fixes plz!

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 04 August 2016 - 02:35 AM.

#32 Nicholaz

Nicholaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

Gm please fix the bug regarding soul maker glass mental buff, sacrifice was not instant cast when glass mental buff was a debuff on mob and player

Edited by Nicholaz, 04 August 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#33 Nicholaz

Nicholaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Gm please fix the bug regarding episode 2, wolf cave...skill 2 was unable to use and mob accquired in the dungeon was not able to summon, please fix and have compensation as diamond quest was not able to complete to due it.

#34 miezamganu

miezamganu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

Noobs think that is a problem with bt,x2 dmg hide,dot or chain stun.the problem is not the skills.the problem is you. You r too stupid to make ur char op as -_- and when u get 1 hit u qq tell their class too imba...hahaaha..

Btw pve player nerf pvp? Awesome

More qq from noobs can make ppl laugh...

Im not englishman so -_- my english...

#35 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Idun

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

here we go again

lol clear u a hider

delete 2x dmg from hider, hider were imba(in pvp) way before everything they can easily took 50% or more of ur hp, the word should not be "delete" more like revamp and not to mention after +80 rune and cls rune hider even more imba
delete cure from SM, LOL what?
delete imba defend from monk, i dont see imba def on monk is ok as for a tank
delete BT from warrior and knight, biggest LOL ever of all ppl butthurt about BT, swordies was never imba before they make +80 rune and cls, before that swordies yes can still one hit (but barely) and we all used to play agi vit swordies, but now any normal swordies can have 3k int, why? coz +80 and card (60 vit and int) ooohh ya and BT only 0.40% crit ya
delete judex from priest, not delete but more like revamp higher cd maybe
delete DOT from crecentia, another LOL what?? why not also remove crec class as well?
delete ranged atk and AOE from ranger, LOOOOOOL
delete fire dot from sorc and wiz LOOOOOOL
change bear 60% HP buff and normalize to follow k9 20% hp buff i dont see why bear cant have 60% hp buff, they cant even tank well lowest def of all tank, jawaii boss can easily took 50% or more of their hp.

btw the dude should use the word "revamp/rebalance" not delete so calm down

Yes I'm hider, knight and prz, and I'm utilize all class strongest selling point to play. so I make the list that show all class main selling point instead

the problem is, player keep asking "remove x2 dmg from hider, or "nerf judex from prz" or even "nerf bt from swordman class" without thinking it might actually allowing the class itself die.

let refer back to pre-AoV ranger, and sorcerer. Every single day player keep complaining "ranger too OP", or "sorc damn imba". Eventually Gravity did listen to them and what they do? They kill both class during AoV introduction. 

Let say WP will say in the future "Hey yes hider a bit too much, let's kill this class too", and you guys might be happy, since no longer weak hider (rog, sin, ranger) bugging you guys for grinding

Let's stop hate for our hider community. Oh yea btw i'm main prz now. So ez dead by sin/rog

#36 akemarufin

akemarufin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Yes I'm hider, knight and prz, and I'm utilize all class strongest selling point to play. so I make the list that show all class main selling point instead

the problem is, player keep asking "remove x2 dmg from hider, or "nerf judex from prz" or even "nerf bt from swordman class" without thinking it might actually allowing the class itself die.

let refer back to pre-AoV ranger, and sorcerer. Every single day player keep complaining "ranger too OP", or "sorc damn imba". Eventually Gravity did listen to them and what they do? They kill both class during AoV introduction. 

Let say WP will say in the future "Hey yes hider a bit too much, let's kill this class too", and you guys might be happy, since no longer weak hider (rog, sin, ranger) bugging you guys for grinding

Let's stop hate for our hider community. Oh yea btw i'm main prz now. So ez dead by sin/rog

i understand what u trying to point out but what ryuyukito say also got his/her point there. 

like what you say, lets take pre-AoV days or before ml20 for example. In any form of pvp hider are better than most class since forever.

hider is one of the highest crit rate class, and can easily take 50% or more of ur hp out of hide while knight/war yes they do can 1 hit KO as well but not as easy as a hider if u ask me. 

But all of those changed when they implement cls, hones, bind rune and not to mention the those imba card (36/31 int/vit , 60 int/vit) 
what im trying to point it are not really the class/skill itself not balance is just the item they make not balance, they implement without thinking what it will cause....

as for ranger and sorc i got no comment coz i dont own any of them but i still do find them got imba dps, if pvp with hider = gg sure 1 hit coz no def, if melee they can easily kill u.   

#37 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Instead of meddling with the Skills.
How about we remove Vigor Altogether?

Wait! Hold your pitchfork and torches!
I didn't say that we need to change the system to erase Vigor, just make the latest gear (Niflheim Gears) have NO VIGOR AT ALL!
Currently Guild's Skill already have fixed Cooldown (10 Minutes or so).
And i see nothing wrong with fixed cooldown.
With fixed cooldown we'll have
No more 2-3 pets summon
No more perma Judex
No more perma Shadow Armor
No more Shield Boomerang Frenzy

The only way to get Vigor is from Cards, Titles and RS Flame.
Not too bad, right?
Pretty much everyone will get the same amount of Vigor.

So, player will have the option to use the strong latest gear (No vigor at all)
Or use their old gears to get the vigor, with the risk of being "Much Weaker"

Maybe change Vigor formula by reducing their effectiveness 50%?
Or... We can always change Vigor into something else... Pierce maybe? (Wishful thinking)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users