2 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

This one's again kind of a niche thing really with quite a bit of work, but I think it'd be nice.

I think it'd be nice to have an interface that stored all of the recipes you got. So essentially you'd only need to get the recipe once and right click it to add it to your recipe book which would be an interface. From there you could craft the item any number of times. This could potentially include 3 kinds of recipes that we have currently in the game. Those are gear, consumable and production recipes. I'll go over the possible applications for each of those one by one.

Gear:

So currently you get gear recipes from repeatable quests as well as some items you need for those recipes. I think that's quite a messy way to go about things, resulting in a lot of those quests. There's basically 2 kinds of these quests currently, one has you trade something for the recipe, and the other has you kill something for it.  Both of those could have just been achieved with either trading interfaces or just putting the recipes to be boss drops. No need for a bunch of messy quests. Bone and Secmanthian set quests are even completely useless, since they only give normal gear. Why get that when hero gear is much easier to get and way better! For those I'd change the recipes to be really easy to complete, since that's probably the only reason to have them in the game.

So the main thing would be to remove all of these recipe quests and quests related to them (the misc quests), and make recipes for them be rare drops in the dungeons. For some recipes would have to be created, like for the tear drops you need for secmanthian stuff. Could also just the gear recipe need 50 chaotic dust for example instead of a blue teardrop, or make the blue teardrop be a drop in the dungeon as well. The recipes would have to be quite hard to get since there's so many of them, wouldn't want them to drop every run. They'd also be tradable so that one could always buy them if they needed a specific one. It'd make for a much clearer system, there'd be more rare drops in these dungeons and one could create gear for any class. I think it'd also increase trading and the market around these items. Lavalon and aram could also finally have their weapon recipes make some sort of sense.

Dungeons this would effect would be at least graveyard, specter's tower, lavalon (weapon), aram (weapon), bone, paris and elga.

Consumables:

The obvious one here would be cookie factory recipes, I think this'd fit well for those as well. Wouldn't have to deal out thousands of the recipe boxes each time in the events. Maybe unlocking these recipes could be a part of the quest line for this event.

We used to have a bunch of consumable recipes back in the day, but those were remove and replaced by this cooking thing no one ever uses. Not like anyone used the old recipes either but still. I'd just crudely remove this new system and bring back the old recipes as rare drops from monsters, bosses and dungeons. They'd be used to make items from all of the different misc items. Those items would give sizable and fun benefits this time. Some possible funky examples: +30% pure crit rate for 10 seconds with a 7 minute cooldown, +50 str for 3 minutes with a 6 minute cooldown, invulnerability for 5 seconds but freeze yourself with a 3 minute cooldown.

Production:

Production manuals could be left out of this system or included in, doesn't really matter. Instead of automatically unlocking at certain levels the manuals could be drops from different monsters/bosses/dungeons like the consumable recipes. They could also be things you find while digging or mining or have a chance to get while producing some other item. The lore could be that they are long lost instructions scattered around the world or that you learn and realize things as you work. This kind of system would once again possibly create interesting interactions, since one couldn't just choose what they wanted to make quite that easily, they'd instead often be guided by chance. Or they could once again buy the manual they wanted to unlock.

So there it is, kind of an unrealistic idea once again but it's just something I've had in mind. 

Edited by Precrush, 13 August 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

I don't know if that suggestion will add much to the game. It will also make people have to use way less ingredients for crafting stuff for Undead Bone weap or Zauharant weap.

Also, there won't be much to collect in recipe book since half of the game recipes aren't available anymore.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 13 August 2016 - 03:20 AM.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Ye that's what I meant by niche, it'd not be a huge thing. I wouldn't underestimate such a system either though, trading for the different recipes could make it quite a big and notable part of the financial game.

Why would it use less items? The recipes from the recipe book wouldn't have to be those 4 ingredient ones, they could just as well be these bigger ones that bone/secma/elga have.

And if all of these recipes were added there'd be a huge amount of them. From gear alone if you count every piece for every class there's a lot of em.

Forgot to say that there could be medals for getting like 10%, 30%, 50% and a 100% of the recipes or something like that, which would encourage people to hunt and buy the less important ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users