berseker skill changes suggestion thread - Bartuk Plains - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

berseker skill changes suggestion thread

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

with the class revamps incoming , i want to see wht people have on mind about the necessary changes for this class, for me i would do :

- remove all those lv 70+ skills really all are useless, to much CDs for only 4 our 5 secs of some lame copy past skills ( heal / AM / megatron slash etc )

-  shreed armor , giving way more def reduction, after all its single class killer our should be..

- shackle , well since charge its 5 secs CD with dna i dont see the point of that skill, i would change for some kind of some kind of hush ( 4 secs max ) single target

- counterattack : bring back the hight % reflect but u can use only when u have less 30% max hp

-remove the dna for skull crasher , and merged it like before

- wrath awakening : since every1 got 100% aa crit rate i would change somethinng that add dmg our even cad

- blood rage , idk..it hurts alot only if you are magic berseker ( lol..)

new skill : insanity : when the player got less 25% max hp , your damage boost by X% as your attack speed, that would fit the berseker name

and more so on..thoughts ?

#2 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Soo
I'll poke this, and I'll be honest
I have barely any ideas on what to do with zerk
MY only thing is nerfing the dash, and fear. Making sure there's no perma cc nonsense

I was thinking of making skull crasher 3 without dna and 4.5 with dna?
Making fear way less duration, better accuracy
Makin dash 6 sec with .2 second stun

Also want to make aa just as valuable as ss
And get rid of the dual swords

Your skill can't be done.

Anyways, yeah

#3 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

1st of all, ty for your post,

2nd i agree on your ideas, terror miss 90% of time, it would be great if got bit more accuracy.

About charge, on all my years playing Berseker \ warlord, never used the perma stun lock charge, it is Annoying , and not my style, i would make 7 sec max CD, i fell no need of using burning dash, it Also miss alot, and charge replace it, that shouldnt be.

I like skull crusher idea, ATM theres 2x DNAs for that skill, one is a must for having 3 sec stun, that change really damaged all bersekers

Dual swords mastery, yhea it need be removed, no sence.

#4 jouri

jouri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

Blood Rage/Hyper mode: Rework the scaling of heals on zerks or melee characters altogether to scale with str/con or dmg. Anything that isn't mnd. Zerks don't build it, 1,75k base net heal at max lvl is too low on hyper mode. Make this ability have a % max hp cost and then apply a heal that's based on the health lost. For example 10% max hp to use it, then you heal 20% max hp. Same with blood rage, this ability.. 852+150 at max lvl, that's nothing to a zerks max hp. And considering hyper mode has a 100s cd, the sustain from hp costs is just not there. I know gravity had to play it safe by making the numbers not so good, but since zerks don't go around with 3k mnd they can't suddenly be heal tanking anything.   

Bartuk legacy: This ability is fine, but should the above mentioned changes be applied, this skill will actually make sense.

--

Skull Cracker: 1s static stun seems kind of weird, it should scale up to 2 with rank.

Lethal Death Blow: Fine as is but could apply a debuff on yourself to also disable evasion for 1-3 seconds for it's guaranteed hit effect. 

Megaton Slash: What is this ability doing here? It costs 7 points to do less dmg, and just some dmg, than slayer at 5 points+ 2 to get there, on top of that slayer is also an aoe ability. This skill is 100% useless with the numbers you've put on it. It has no secondary effect and deals less dmg than a warrior ability using the same amount of points. Given the cd is only half of that even if it's meant as a spammy ability then 6.6s is still too much for something that does hardly any bonus damage. Add a secondary effect to it or reduce the cd to 2-4s. 

--

Reckless Attack: Fine as is but if it was up to me I'd change the values to an attack speed rather than -s per rank, to create some AA diversity. Bludgeon users shouldn't go to only 1.4 while sword users get 1.0 

Wrath Awakening: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Rage: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Soul of Berserker: Buff duration at static 30mins is a bit much for rank 1 but you might as well keep it this way. Also this should be the first ability in its own skill line with rage and savagery below them. I don't see the necessity of reckless for a powerup.  

soul->rage->savage

Berserker's Savagery: Fine as is, though the name I'd swap names with reckless attack. Nothing is more savage than a brute charging at you without giving a damn about his armor/health and just wanting to smash things asap. 

--

Burning Dash: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Rend Flesh: Good addition though this could be combined with shackle, why would you possibly slow down if half your organs are hanging out right? But in all seriousness, nerf shackle by a bit and add it onto rend flesh because shackle on its own is really bad to spend points on unless you max it, and even than most classes have an escape.

Shackle: See above.

Shred Armor: This ability is just too weak at 14%, make it 2-2.5x stronger. 35% shred is still not a lot but should be worth it. Also there's no point in shredding it for long range, while it makes sense to have it both reduced, from a balance point I think making it short range only would be more fair.

Counter Attack: A bit gimmicky but fun to use. I feel that weapon and magic reflection damage should be separated and get different rates. 25% for weapon and 40% for magic.

Edited by jouri, 29 August 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#5 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:16 AM

Blood Rage/Hyper mode: Rework the scaling of heals on zerks or melee characters altogether to scale with str/con or dmg. Anything that isn't mnd. Zerks don't build it, 1,75k base net heal at max lvl is too low on hyper mode. Make this ability have a % max hp cost and then apply a heal that's based on the health lost. For example 10% max hp to use it, then you heal 20% max hp. Same with blood rage, this ability.. 852+150 at max lvl, that's nothing to a zerks max hp. And considering hyper mode has a 100s cd, the sustain from hp costs is just not there. I know gravity had to play it safe by making the numbers not so good, but since zerks don't go around with 3k mnd they can't suddenly be heal tanking anything.

Berserker shouldn't have any heal at all.

Bartuk legacy: This ability is fine, but should the above mentioned changes be applied, this skill will actually make sense.+

HP passive on a Berserker is fine? That skill isn't even near to "FINE", Berserker is supposed to be a high burst single target DPS, not a tanker.

--
Skull Cracker: 1s static stun seems kind of weird, it should scale up to 2 with rank.

Lethal Death Blow: Fine as is but could apply a debuff on yourself to also disable evasion for 1-3 seconds for it's guaranteed hit effect.

For what are you suggesting this pathetic debuff for? It's basically no debuff, disable evasion for 1-3 seconds on Berserker LOL, don't troll please.

Megaton Slash: What is this ability doing here? It costs 7 points to do less dmg, and just some dmg, than slayer at 5 points+ 2 to get there, on top of that slayer is also an aoe ability. This skill is 100% useless with the numbers you've put on it. It has no secondary effect and deals less dmg than a warrior ability using the same amount of points. Given the cd is only half of that even if it's meant as a spammy ability then 6.6s is still too much for something that does hardly any bonus damage. Add a secondary effect to it or reduce the cd to 2-4s.

--
Reckless Attack: Fine as is but if it was up to me I'd change the values to an attack speed rather than -s per rank, to create some AA diversity. Bludgeon users shouldn't go to only 1.4 while sword users get 1.0

Wrath Awakening: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Rage: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Soul of Berserker: Buff duration at static 30mins is a bit much for rank 1 but you might as well keep it this way. Also this should be the first ability in its own skill line with rage and savagery below them. I don't see the necessity of reckless for a powerup.
soul->rage->savage

Berserker's Savagery: Fine as is, though the name I'd swap names with reckless attack. Nothing is more savage than a brute charging at you without giving a damn about his armor/health and just wanting to smash things asap.

This isn't fine at all. This is a commander skill and should be commander only.

--
Burning Dash: Fine as is, nothing needs to be changed here.

Rend Flesh: Good addition though this could be combined with shackle, why would you possibly slow down if half your organs are hanging out right? But in all seriousness, nerf shackle by a bit and add it onto rend flesh because shackle on its own is really bad to spend points on unless you max it, and even than most classes have an escape.

Shackle: See above.

Shred Armor: This ability is just too weak at 14%, make it 2-2.5x stronger. 35% shred is still not a lot but should be worth it. Also there's no point in shredding it for long range, while it makes sense to have it both reduced, from a balance point I think making it short range only would be more fair.

Counter Attack: A bit gimmicky but fun to use. I feel that weapon and magic reflection damage should be separated and get different rates. 25% for weapon and 40% for magic.

Edited by Kazara, 29 August 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#6 Tornir

Tornir

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Reckless Attack 

Skill downtime 90 sec - useless, need to be 10 sec like rogue to creat a AA berserker.

#7 jouri

jouri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

Berserker shouldn't have any heal at all.

That's just not going to work with hp costs, you have to have both together or neither since hp/5 in combat does not exist. It's not even a matter of should or shouldn't, they have to.  

HP passive on a Berserker is fine? That skill isn't even near to "FINE", Berserker is supposed to be a high burst single target DPS, not a tanker.

That's called an assassin, you seem to have a very weird sense of what a berserker is supposed to be like because you want to play like an assassin; mobile, high burst, low hp. A berserker is supposed to a big brute that charges into battle ignoring defences and going into an uncontrolled rage to fight their opponent. Gravity is doing a very good job representing that aspect with the new skills. Big brutes in the form of these massive guys with a lot of stamina, a lot of strength but don't have any defensive capabilities is exactly how I, history, and apparently gravity as well seems to imagine a berserker..

Historically they are bear skin wearing vikings; these guys were usually quite massive and champions in combat.Mostly used to intimidate people when things needed to be settled, further proves their size and strength. 

I don't know where you get the idea that they are actually tanky, because they're not. High HP does not translate well into a tank when they have negative armor especially when they heavily rely on said hp to even do any damage. 

This isn't fine at all. This is a commander skill and should be commander only.

Again about being a berserker, you shouldn't be able to stop these people once they get going. Yeah it used to be a comm skill, things change and it's a bad change? because something changed.. I don't think so.  Personally I think comms should have a 30-50% passive cc reduction on survival instinct so they'll actually be wanting to soak up the initial skills which are usually cc based abilities like a front line commander is supposed to do to support their team. 

Edited by jouri, 29 August 2016 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users