I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPerú
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hello,

I have some kind of questions about homuns and since I'm playing my alchemist again, I would like if someone could recommend me one homun for AFK while I watch vids ^^ !

So my question is: Is vanil as good as in Pre-Renewal? I see many Vanils doing less dmg than in Pre-Renewal.
I see more Amystirs now, are they that good?
Filir does super great dmg, is that normal? xD
What kind of monster can a Lif kill? I also see many biochems, genetics with Lifs

And, where can I get a good AI for homun? o.o

Sry for too nooby questions but I need to know D: !!
Ty ty

#2 Mabster

Mabster

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

if ur gonna be afk i dont think any1s gonna suggest a monster no1 likes ppl while they AFK KS....

#3 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I think your Homun-Type is random, so ..

One of the most used places for AFK-Leveling your Homun is Ant Hell. (Downside, there might be mages mob-killing them .. oh wait, it's the other way around. 1 Mage VS 4 Homun = Slow Leveling ..)
Or stick it close to the portals on the Boa/Snake-Map. (Downside of that is, if they drop Straws, you can't pick 'em up and make a mint outta them)

C-A

#4 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Ya, I'm kind of curious about it, too. Which homunculus is more preferable? This is my first time playing an alchemist. Some people told me that, the jelly thingy is better, but some people like Lif, so......

Any suggestion please?
Thanks.

:)

#5 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

in my personal oppinion (IMPO) i like Lif (support) because i can have Red Slims (used for Healing Hands) and i can have a Movement Speed buff without the need to be a Geneticist with Cart Boost 5. And green Lifs are so cute~ <3

if i had to pick Amistr (tank), it would be because of its higher Vit (suitable for tanks) and possibly because of Castling, which switches my position with Amistr's when i'm terribly mobbed. They also have the highest HP among the homunculi... well, i don't have an Amistr so idk really.

if i had to pick a Filir (speed), it would be because of it's high Flee/ASPD and Attack, and for its ranged offensive skill Moonlight, despite its HP is rather low.

if i had to pick Vanilmirth (the most popular one)... i don't know... it has nearly everything; physically and magically stronger than any homunculus. However i called it "The Homunculus of Randomness" because... you know: Caprice casts a bolt skill which element is random; its stat growth is very random too; also the skill Chaotic Blessing that heals either the owner, itself, or a monster (yes, randomly chosen by Vanil).

anyway, if any of these homunculi suits your gaming style (which i don't know), feel free to choose one.

Oops i forgot to mention... when you use an Embryo (throught the skill Call Homunculus), you'll get randomly one of those homunculus, its form is random too

Edited by NeoNilox, 31 December 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#6 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Vanil, don't get the other 3.

It's the easiest one to level, besides it can tank too.

I've got my vanil from level 1 to 90 in around 3 days by killing stuff at Ant Hell and other maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users