16 replies to this topic

#1 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Is it just me or virtually everything on classic is becoming unaffordable? Non-p2w players and starters will have hard time competing with long existing players.

< /rant >

Edited by SafelyEndangered, 18 August 2016 - 05:47 AM.

#2 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

No, its not just you.

With renewal, its the same.

Almost all awesome gear comes from the KP shop.

Not much good things to farm anymore.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

you mean IF someone is selling what you want/need, right?

Edited by Xellie, 18 August 2016 - 05:57 AM.

#4 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:04 AM

Only if ragial has a price chart that would prove you wrong.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

I haven't used the market in over two years. It's a good, simple life.

#6 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:47 AM

If your willing to invest a couple of dollars then sell KP. On classic it is very high in demand so you can get great returns.

If that's not an option, level characters the best you can to start hunting what you need.

#7 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

Established players who already have what they need and rarely rely on the market may not aware of this. Starters needs many items to be just good enough or compete with established players. They will suffer. I'm not the poor and have a considerable amount to spend. Just speaking for other starters and those p2w is not an option.

#8 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Established players who already have what they need and rarely rely on the market may not aware of this. Starters needs many items to be just good enough or compete with established players. They will suffer. I'm not the poor and have a considerable amount to spend. Just speaking for other starters and those p2w is not an option.

So your saying that people who have played for many years have a gear advantage over new players and that people starting with 0 zeny, a cotton shirt, and a knife will not be able to compete with established players? Then yeah, that is the entire point. People who have spent years and/or tons of money should have an advantage, otherwise it really is a moba and not a mmorpg filled with long term goal. 

It is entirely possible, with a tiny bit of knowledge, to become an "established" player in a relatively short amount of time. It requires game play time and/or money, additional exponential bonus's for those who have some knowledge/do research. 

I think that the discussion should be around what is the bare minimum required to start this game without quitting, rather then comparing a 1/1 novice with a cotton shirt/knife vs somebody who has invested years of time. 

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Well the zeny price of non npc loots also inflated. newbies are really only screwed if they can't do exp items or blue herbs etc

#10 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

So your saying that people who have played for many years have a gear advantage over new players and that people starting with 0 zeny, a cotton shirt, and a knife will not be able to compete with established players? Then yeah, that is the entire point. People who have spent years and/or tons of money should have an advantage, otherwise it really is a moba and not a mmorpg filled with long term goal. 

It is entirely possible, with a tiny bit of knowledge, to become an "established" player in a relatively short amount of time. It requires game play time and/or money, additional exponential bonus's for those who have some knowledge/do research. 

I think that the discussion should be around what is the bare minimum required to start this game without quitting, rather then comparing a 1/1 novice with a cotton shirt/knife vs somebody who has invested years of time. 

I would've agreed with you with the spent time but not on spent money, stop it with the p2w mentality.

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

I would've agreed with you with the spent time but not on spent money, stop it with the p2w mentality.

It actually isn't a p2w mentality. It's just multiple options. Firstly, I believe 100% that time = money. Your choices on how you invest your time has a direct impact on your financial situation. You can be extremely successful in iRO without spending any money. I know many people who are beyond "rich" in iRO that have never spent money. This shows that you can be successful in iRO with investing significant amount of time playing. Having an option to spend money to speed up the process is necessary to keep the servers open.....

#12 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Established players have advantages over new players --> not a problem. Inflation barrier inhibiting new players from starting up or even draw players away from server --> a problem. If anyone wants to see this gap between old players and new players keep expanding, go ahead.

#13 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

And spending more money on the game is adding more fuel to the fire.

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

And these are the ones who call we, who support the server, "Spoonfed". The bolded statement - intended or not - is really rude towards us, and I had a couple of things to say here, but I don't want to be as rude as you.

And spending more money on the game is adding more fuel to the fire.

Only if you directly buy zeny from botters and other losers. Prices only increase because the amount of zeny on server increases, and there's nothing that takes the "excess" away. What people here in the forums call "Zeny Sink".

Edited by Kusanagisama, 18 August 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#15 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Yeah I forgot Gravity LLC still leeches off people who spend thousands per day on a server with 50 or less people so it won't shut down.

Keep funneling the moolah so I can enjoy playing this server for free while I spend my money on a good p2p game.

#16 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

if u buy the VIP package for 1500 points u get 1,5k KP, which u can easily sell for 170-200m on renewal (dunno on classic, to lazy to check). 15$ is a bit higher than most MMOs, but not too much, and its a nice amount of zeny for newbies to get decent starter gear which allows you to level chars to a range where u can farm stuff efficiently. Do that 3-6 months and u got a okayish equipd main and a 2nd char without spending an unreasonable amount of money.

#17 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

"It's not pay to win because it's not as much as other games"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users