fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:01 PM

Okay, i am suck at Warlock. My WL is now level 160, and i got from 150-160 from bio4. I want to level in NCT instead since no one wants WL in bio4.

But...to solo NCT seems like not an easy job. WL considered as slow killer and some NCT parties often mock WL as leecher since they cant kill as fast as others. While other classes only need 2-3 skills to spam, WL needs to utilize many skills just to kill a mob. Such as quagmire, frosty misty, jack frost, safety wall, CL, CR, ES, recog spell, release, fire wall, etc. The output of this thread is to make WL as better DPS in NCT, so they can be in par with other good DPS classes and not considered as leech / burden.

So, i want to ask Warlock extraordinaire to enlighten me how to solo in NCT. This is what i had in mind:

- CL Spammer

Mobbing big bells which are position very close, then use CL to kill them by exploiting the 9 CL bounce. Elviras are needed. What is the possible gears? preference to use one handed staff or 2 handed? The downside of CL spammer is the delay after CL that makes you have nothing to do other than run/kite.

- CR releaser

Crimson rock with good gears can do about 30-40k damage (without mora crimson set). Since Big bells have 166k HP, it takes about 4-5 CR to perform. Using Maxed freezing spell, 120 int, we can store 4x CR in reading spellbook. Any advanced tricks to do this?

- Spell Cycle

Cycling spell without release such as FM->JF->CR -> ES -> CL. Any advanced tricks?

Also, what is your idea to keep WL alive and not consuming many pots?

Oh, please keep MVPs and Gods out of this since i cant afford them.

Thanks

Edited by fuyukikun, 08 September 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#2 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Not an extraordinaire here, just a strugler like you. Can't imagine Warlocks doing any better than this without Nightmare AM and Verit cards being implemented. The only way to kill a mob effectively is by dealing damage to all mob monsters at the same time, just like all other classes do. To WL, however, since my first one, I spent a lot of time (and exp in deaths) trying to get a trick for better leveling, but it seems that the best that I could achieve was 20 minutes per full board, so, max 2 TI per BMX3.

What I do is just Quagmire > FM > JF > CL > CL > CL > CR.

Alternative version: Quagmire > FM > JF > Firewall > CL > CL > Firewall > CL > CR

When Intensification is on: FM > JF > Int > SE > repositon > JF > SE > JF > SE. It's a bit faster than the prior to small mobs and A LOT faster for big mobs, and can only be executed a few times.

If you see things will get out of controle > JF.

FM helps a lot more than it looks like, by increasing JF's damage on some mobs, and JF helps a lot for your getting optimal positioning and increasing the damage of the first bounce of CL.

I tried once using the regular (non-empowered) Mora Crimson Set + 1 Alchemy glove + of Fire +9 OBMH and Mid. Killed them in 4 CRs... but at that time I couldn't afford to spend 2 points in Freezing spell for a 4th CR.

Gears that I use:

+9 of Wind Skull Cap > Alternatively +9 of Wind OBMH

of Wind Happy Parrot

Ninja Scroll

Diabolus Robe [Agav]

+11 TSoD Spell 4/4 /+5 Valk Shield[Penomena] > Alternatively +9 SoD[Spell 6][Cobalt Mineral]

FAW [Spell18][Raydric]

+4 Temp Dex

RWC + Maelstorm with Elviras

The problem about using a 2H Staff is that the map is quite narrow, the steps have a lot of "dead cells", and spots where you click, but the client won't respond. And there're a lot of mimics and ridewords that will never kill you, but will hit lock you, giving the Big Bells the window of opportunity they need to kill you in no time, and by doing this, you will have to abandon lots of very good mobs in order to not die. In my case, all tests showed that it would result in taking more time to end the bounty. My internet doesn't help, too. The shield helps a lot with these problems. I tried an uncarded +12 Crimson Rod and the damage was lower than the TSoD's. With cards it will go higher, but I didn't test.

This map is an incredible place to learn how weak a class Warlock really is in PVM. Even though we have a lot of strenghts (like JF, and some stuff for slaves in WoE). For PVM, it's just unwanted power which consume your power budget not letting you have what you REALLY wanted when you made a Warlock, and what you REALLY NEED to properly level: Raw Damage. When you struggle to organize a mob, and freeze it, just to have to teleport or die because a few monsters decided to resist the freeze. And Big Bells have JUST 53 MDEF! Another variant is you organizing a mob just to have a GX, Ranger OR Sura teleport inside it and doing you the favor of killing all of them for you before you can do anything, and this is the exception, but a QUITE FREQUENT exception. Another variant is you struggling to organize and freeze a mob just to have more monsters spawn behind or close to you and kill in a few moments all your work. Of course, you can use FN or SG level 1 to freeze them, but often it gives the frozen monsters enough time to unfreeze. If you happened to start CLing when they spawn, you're in an even greater trouble.

Well, I'm sorry if I couldn't contribute at all, but those were my 2 cents. Maybe I just suck at warlocking, even after making 2 of them.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 08 September 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#3 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:08 PM

sounds like the struggle is real 

#4 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:55 AM

CL spammer: http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/107

CR releaser: http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/108

Spell Cycle: I died when I tried this, maybe I just suck!

Best I could do. Even Wanderers can solo faster than this. :(

I didn't use Alchemy Gloves in the 2nd replay because the Fire Ball proc damages Ice Wall, and you don't want that to happen.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:11 AM

With decent delay reduction CL spam seems to be quite efficient since you can kite the mobs at the same time you kill, and it will keep bouncing until mobs are dead so its quite strong.

And i remember past year seeing a WL there 2shotting big bells with CR, pretty sure it was with empowered crimson set.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:56 AM

If you see my AB not AFK'ing give me a PM and I can come support you.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:47 AM

thanks for the input. will try to test the strategies again tomorrow.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

With decent delay reduction CL spam seems to be quite efficient since you can kite the mobs at the same time you kill, and it will keep bouncing until mobs are dead so its quite strong.

And i remember past year seeing a WL there 2shotting big bells with CR, pretty sure it was with empowered crimson set.

Quite strong, still inefficient AF. I didn't see it up close, but I saw a video of a warlock doing it, and he was using the empowered crimson set.

Best I could do. Even Wanderers can solo faster than this. :(

A wandy put me to shame there the other day. I lost all my belief in Kadelia after seeing that. XD

#9 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

severe rainstorm move arrow shower if needed rinse repeat

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

A wandy put me to shame there the other day. I lost all my belief in Kadelia after seeing that. XD

Since you will never see Kaddy here in this thread then I can come right out and say this;

Its either Kaddy has no idea how to build a Wanderer (as in, she doesn't even build hers towards doing superior SR damage) -or-

She has not, for like a year now, updated her gears for the Wanderer -or-

That Wanderer you saw that day is Kadelia's, and her standards for SR damage are abit too high in comparison to what you saw.

#11 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

The wandy I saw cleared most Big Bells in the first wave of SR. A few survived and died in the second wave.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

If it was 1shotting, most likely it was me :v

Edited by Ashuckel, 09 September 2016 - 03:11 PM.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

if it is an afro wandy dealing 8-9k per Tick, and 19-21k when in hawkeye, then it is me.
yes, i didnt use goggles, since wig on wandy is truly hot.

Edited by fuyukikun, 09 September 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

Use C.Tiara, looks great on wandy :v

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:58 PM

here it is, my attempt

CL spammer

#16 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:11 AM

Everyone who plays a WL is a masochist. You guys know you are.

#17 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:58 AM

the struggle is real. seems like nobody uses horizontal firewall trick anymore.

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:08 AM

too much work and buttons to use. while in CL spammer mode i just need to press CL button, JF button, quagmire button, pot button, and fly wing button

#19 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:14 AM

I am a lazy man, I just firewall 3 times in front of me and just CL till they die. I see no reason to run around, lvl 5 quagmire is enough to slow them down.

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:21 AM

firewall will expire after certain hits. not effective on big mob. while quagmire stays until it gone.
well, it is a matter of play style tho. you prefer fire wall, i prefer quag, zayaan prefers ice wall, and so on...

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

No, its you guys prefer to move your arm and hand rapidly, and I dont need to. Thats what it is huehuehue.

#22 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:43 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/109

Using VFW + CL. Bigger mobs are doable like this but it can be hard if you're in a confined space which is a lot of this map. 

#23 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:13 AM

here it is, my attempt

CL spammer

nice nice i need to get drain life 

#24 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/109
Using VFW + CL. Bigger mobs are doable like this but it can be hard if you're in a confined space which is a lot of this map.

thats where learning dfw (diagonal fire wall) comes in handy. It allows more flexibility in tight spaces.

#25 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

The problem is when a Big Bell appears from another direction, asking "where's your firewall god now?".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users