Patch notes 09/14/2016 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch notes 09/14/2016 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.5.1, Game Version: 10.1.0.3

Server Maintenance
2016-09-14, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Banner_700x236.jpg

The Welcome to Arcadia Event is running for another week.

851x315_PirateDay1-e1473715048472.jpg

"Why are pirates pirates? cuz they arrrrrr"

The Pirate Event Season has begun! Another two weeks long event for you guys to enjoy! Captain Hookah has arrived in Port of the Winds after hearing about the awesome loot to farm with the arrival of Arcadia City, and he brought his own treasure with him. Show him that you're worth getting his treasures! Run the Pirate's Hideout! Mission Map, collect Shiny Diamonds (Mission End Result) and Bronze, Silver and Golden Woodie Statues (these are contained in boxes dropped by the Mission Boss Monsters) to trade with the Captain!

This is the same event that was run last year, brought back by popular demand. No new updates have been added as the Dragon Saga team is focusing on working on other new and awesome updates for Dragon Sagas future!

Full Event details from last year:

Pirate's Hideout Event

Arg me mateys! The great Pirate Hideout has been discovered in Dragon Saga!

There be a new event mission map in town, and it be for all level o' players past level 25, with monsters that scale to yer level! Run the Pirate's Hideout F1 Mission Map to obtain marvelous treasures in the form of mission rewards. 

Once ye have made it through the perilous gauntlet of Pirates and scallywags, at the end of this mission you will see two deadly bosses. One of them is the terrifying Hookah, but the other changes with the shifting sea! You will either face off with Alvida or Kalygon . Once you have battled these monstrous foes, they will drop grand pirate treasure chests! Be ye careful though, all monsters in the finale boss room will have to be killed to complete the map.

You may find inside this treasure chest a Slice of Cake, Yogurt, a Balloon, a treasure piece or, if ye be unlucky, junk! Don't worry though; you can always be selling the junk treasure for 10 silver to any shop NPC.

What about them glittery treasure pieces ye ask? The treasure pieces be needed to be exchanged to a Chucky's Clothing Gasha Box, which may be randomly yields a pirate clothing!

As fer them shiny mission end rewards, ye can get:

Repair Hammers
An EXP potion
Weapon Enchant Dust
Armor Enchant Dust
Souls
A Pirate's Weapon Gasha Box (only S~SSS Rank)
Pirate's Diamonds (only S~SSS Rank)

Ye can also trade 4 Golden Woodie Statues, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze Woodie Statues at the Hookah NPC by starting the repeatable quest 'Barter ye Booty' (level 25+). If ye be wanting to unlock this repeatable quest you have to complete Hookah's 'Enter th' Hideout' Quest (Level 25+) once on yer pirate fightin' character.

And if ye have some of them Pirate Diamonds, ye can trade 5 at a time at the Hookah NPC by starting the repeatable quest 'Shiny Diamonds' (Level 25+) for a Big IM Consumable Gasha Box which randomly yields IM Consumables.

So go get that pirate treasure, before the time is up, and those scurvy pirates sail back out to sea!

DS-Changes.png

·         Galaxia Skill Socket Cards are now usable from Level 20~99. Card upgrading stays untouched at NPC  Crete for the time being

·         All F6 Rings are now socketable (also the lower level ones)

·         Added Achivements for collecting Advanced Elements in the amounts of 10, 50 and 100 which are giving 100, 500 and 1000 Rank Points

·         Chitin Cape now has the correct Inventory Icon

·         1* and 2* Socket Cards can be sold at NPC shop for 50 Silver resp. 1 Gold each

·         Hydron Alpha Potion and Wind of Revenge [Grade 1~5] are now blocked from being used in PvP to prevent abusing of 100%+ damage reflection with a chance of 100%

·         The descriptions of all Hydron Potions in general now show their actual effect

·         The monster kill count tooltip is now also showing what you will get when killing 400, 600 and 850 monsters

·         The Item Exchange dialog of the Soulsmith NPC can now be moved. Also the description text of this dialog has been corrected

·         Fixed a bug where the shop items are not visible after using the Buyback button for production master NPCs

Item Mall

The Golden Dragon Pet Egg will be removed. The Midnight Calm Pet Egg will be added (300 IM Points).

BigWheel

Talk Like a Pirate! Day Edition

Removals:
Everything will be removed

Additions:
Pirate King Set
Pirate Captain Set
Pirate Worker's Set
Woodie Leg Set

MixBoard
"Take what you can, give nothing back"
– Pirates of the Caribbean

Removals:

Everything will be removed

Additions:
Great Bear Doll [Advanced Tab]
Milkyway Raincoat Set [Advanced Tab] (Let's welcome the Fall Season!)

Luminant Bat of the Sea [Special Tab] (The bat is watching over the Pirates on the sea)
Red Tyranno Dinosaur Set [Special Tab]

Poseidon Set  [Deluxe Tab] (Hopefully the God of the Sea is able to keep Pirates away from the cities)
Hephaistos Set [Deluxe Tab]

#2 Renan003

Renan003

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

Hey, can we have another insurance scroll event today or next week? I know the last one was just now, but with the new card system they are really expensive now.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hey, can we have another insurance scroll event today or next week? I know the last one was just now, but with the new card system they are really expensive now.

As you already said, we just had one. We can't do another one that short amount of time after we had one for obvious reasons.

#4 Renan003

Renan003

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

As you already said, we just had one. We can't do another one that short amount of time after we had one for obvious reasons.

Understandable. Well, gotta farm some f1 to get more.monet then :)

#5 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Would it be possible to buy weapon and armor dusts through silver coins from the vending machine for 5-10 coins?

#6 IsThisKrustyKrab

IsThisKrustyKrab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

Q: Are the extra 2 inventory items (when in rank S~SSS) gonna drop Mysterious Fragments, Event-related items (Woodies, Diamonds), or not at all?

Also, yes @ the Hydron Potions stating their effects! We need moar Big Head parties!  :chomok01:

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:15 PM

Double event is kinda meh in my opinion, I'd rather just have one that people can focus on at a time. And there's again the time saving thing too. But the pirate event was good, clad it's back.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:54 PM

Q: Are the extra 2 inventory items (when in rank S~SSS) gonna drop Mysterious Fragments, Event-related items (Woodies, Diamonds), or not at all?

The 2 additional drops stay the usual Socket Card upgrade items (Mysterious Fragments, High Energy Plasma, Keys).

Double event is kinda meh in my opinion, I'd rather just have one that people can focus on at a time. And there's again the time saving thing too. But the pirate event was good, clad it's back.

I think farming for both events can be easily combined since the Letter Boxes are a world drop and therefore they are dropping in the event mission map too.

Unfortunately "Talk Like a Pirate!" day is happening at a fixed date (September, 19th - https://en.wikipedia...ke_a_Pirate_Day) and since we wanted to participate in this fun holiday the event needed to be going to happen this week (and the next week).

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

Would it be possible to buy weapon and armor dusts through silver coins from the vending machine for 5-10 coins?

Did you see the prices for dusts lately? For 5-10 coins no way. I'm not a friend of regulating the market like this. At the moment the prices are equivalent to 20~30 silver coins per stack.

#10 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

At the moment the prices are equivalent to 20~30 silver coins per stack.

Which are 2-3 NO Boxes. You usually get one stack of dust from that amount of boxes. So if there is the need to add dust boxes (and only if there is the need), I think making them 15 silver coins each isn't that bad.

#11 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:59 AM

Right, "which are 2 or 3 NO boxes", but those don't give a guarantee you get a stack of dust.

It still is a luck game, this is why I think 10 silver coins for one NO box is perfectly fine.

15 silver coins for getting a stack of dust of your choice with 100% guarantee is way too low.

I could live with 25 silver coins for a guaranteed stack of your desired dust. Honestly, guys.....I see no point in devaluating the current dust prices.

I see what you want to do, you want to lower the selling price to how it used to be. But things change, economy changes and this game needs this change. Here you have it, a perfectly fine economy change that actually does good to sellers and more sellers later on (cause the first sellers will most likely buy stuff from other sellers later on).

Honestly, you can still buy NO boxes for 10 silver coins each and play the lucky game to get a stack of dust. Nobody is taking this away from you. But if you wanted to be able to buy directly a stack of either weapon or armor enchant dust, then 25 silver coins each would sound good. It wouldn't kill the current economy and everyone can farm silver coins. So even the players that wouldn't want to pay in gold can go to the vending and pay 25 silver coins to get the stack of dust they want and need.

But however, I honestly don't see any need for this option at the current time. A lot of people love to play F7 and end up with lots of dust and the other ones can buy NO boxes for 10 silver coins or buy dust from others in the market. You have several ways to get your dust...so yeah.

#12 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:18 AM

I completely understand your point.

In fact, when I was talking about 15 silver coins for a stack of dust, I was thinking about the armor dusts. I think that 25 silver coins for weapon dusts is perfectly understandable.

I also agree with the fact that NO boxes are fine as they are, but like I said, my suggestion was only in the case where a change was really needed.

An another alternative would be to make a random dust gasha box for either 20 or 25 silver coins. Costs 2 times more than NO boxes, get twice the chance to get what you want.

Also, the buyback function doesn't work on the wandering merchant. However, you can still recover what you sold with Daisy.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 14 September 2016 - 01:42 AM.

#13 TrustedMailbox

TrustedMailbox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:10 AM

Interesting event is coming I am so happy ;)

#14 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:47 AM

i highly don't recommend to make those dust boxes under 25 silver coins for either armor or weapon dust, not because i make my money with it, more because it took like half a year for the prices to raise from under 100g each stack, so this is an understandable change in the economy, also not only i am making money with it if you would make it too cheap people would make a huge loss of gold. I am not against those boxes but they should have their price

#15 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

I think it's just because its been used for something. Theoretically if you just put out a patch that requires a bunch of certain items that wasn't used as that in the first place, the price would jack up in price. Would that be considered fine? Cut down the hunterG by half, the prices will go up. Require double the items again, jack up the price. Heck, might as well start requiring souls to enchant armor and weapons to make souls go up in price.

Either way it's hypocritical since you get to play god with the economy even though you don't want to. The reason why it went up first is because it had a use, it was so useful that the price went up 4 fold. The ds population within 2 weeks have blown through the markets entire supply and have it be worth 4 times more and still growing because it replenishes with a higher price than before. The fact that this system requires that much dust is more or less too much.

Well it was just something to offer for others, I already have everything I need. Regardless of the coin pricing, I think a guaranteed stack should be in the machine.

Edited by Agitodesu, 14 September 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:16 AM

I recon it's good that the dusts cost a lot, I've always felt like they are a way for, well, the poorer people to make money (if you don't count reselling). The prices for em will probably still continue to rise, maybe some future arcadia pve content could drop some, that'd make for somewhat unique loot in a dungeon for example. I'd wait for the prices to stagnate before thinking about putting them in the vending machine for silvers.

And the devs are gods of the economy, want it or not :P

Edited by Precrush, 14 September 2016 - 09:16 AM.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

I think it's just because its been used for something. Theoretically if you just put out a patch that requires a bunch of certain items that wasn't used as that in the first place, the price would jack up in price. Would that be considered fine? Cut down the hunterG by half, the prices will go up. Require double the items again, jack up the price. Heck, might as well start requiring souls to enchant armor and weapons to make souls go up in price.

Either way it's hypocritical since you get to play god with the economy even though you don't want to. The reason why it went up first is because it had a use, it was so useful that the price went up 4 fold. The ds population within 2 weeks have blown through the markets entire supply and have it be worth 4 times more and still growing because it replenishes with a higher price than before. The fact that this system requires that much dust is more or less too much.

Well it was just something to offer for others, I already have everything I need. Regardless of the coin pricing, I think a guaranteed stack should be in the machine.

It would be great you would accept that a suggestion from your side is denied. We won't add boxes of dusts for that low amount of silver coins. Also you can see that many players agree to that. I kindly ask you to accept that we won't add these boxes. Maybe we will add them when needed for a higher amount of coins sometime in the future, but not now.

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

And the devs are gods of the economy, want it or not :P

That has nothing to do with being "god". But in the past there was always the complain "please don't devaluate this or that" and I think we learned lessons from mistakes made in the past. Just one of them was that in the past - before I came to this server - a whole stack of bloody crystals have been given out. The server suffered a lot from this mistake.

In general:

The economy is just getting healthier now and a healthy economy is a sign for a healthier game. Surely we could do things to raise prices, but this is not what we want. We don't want to raise neither to lower the prices of common in-game items. For now we are sure that the in-game economy regulates itself. The prices for dusts have not been regulated by us, it was a natural result of the system change. Nothing has been especially done to raise prices, while the cynical suggestions of Agitodesu would be an unnecessary change of a system to directly regulate prices, what we didn't do.

#19 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

It was just a suggestion, it's inevitable that it would have a chance of it being denied.

#20 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

The truth is that the game is getting too expensive, it turns away those who can not afford to buy IM points. The price of the IS and RIS makes it very difficult for a weapon at +20, the enchant and Soulcraft already have a success rate ridiculous, imagine having to go weeks farming to get gold and the price increasing every day, discouraging. I am master of a guild and I see many players give up because of high prices to stay in the game. And by the way some players clueless are continually increasing prices, there is the risk of the game becoming increasingly empty and only survive who put IM.

#21 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

you don't have to buy iss from the market. you can always grind for silver coins and buy event ISS and RISS which do not have an unreasonable price. it will take a long time to collect them, yes, but you will get other things from farming to sell too, like gada coins and such. I very much like that in this game you are most definitly not left without no option.

#22 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

you don't have to buy iss from the market. you can always grind for silver coins and buy event ISS and RISS which do not have an unreasonable price. it will take a long time to collect them, yes, but you will get other things from farming to sell too, like gada coins and such. I very much like that in this game you are most definitly not left without no option.

Gold from souls > [Event] IS from silver gasha coins

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

Servers are back up!

Please patch the game to Version 0.5.1.

Enjoy!

#24 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

I would like to see you survive in this game game doing what you said. So you get the whole day farming Silver to trade for IS, how many per day, 2 or 3, then see them disappear quickly at the time of Enchant or Soulcraft? Read carefully what I wrote, I will understand what I mean.

#25 IsThisKrustyKrab

IsThisKrustyKrab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

Uhh, UHH, UHH, PIRATES! BOOTIES! ARR!

...actually I pmuch agree with sigeel, and although the process of Silver farming is painfully slow, it's not ineffective, either. I didn't even have to spend a dime (in fact, I can't), and I can pretty much call myself decently-geared, and I understand that I still have a long ways to go. You don't really "need" IM to be strong, you just need it to be strong "faster". And since I've been told that people who use IM are working to begin with, they actually have to  be powerful faster to be at least as viable as a long-time player who has been farming for years.

BUT IN AN UNRELATED NOTE - BOOTIES! PIRATES! BIG HEAD PARTIES!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users