• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ironlionzion

ironlionzion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to this game even though I know Rose has been here for more than a decade (I guess). I have played a few MMORPGs like Ragnarok, Nostale, RF Online, and RAN Online. I cant remember if i played any other MMOs other than the ones i have listed. I am a PvP-oriented person, but I wouldn't mind grinding (hunting, farming, and leveling) as well. I honestly think that grinding is what makes the PvP and the MMOs themselves a lot more interesting.

Aaaanyways I just wanted to grab a few tips or help from you guys, if ever you have any, for new players like me. Really, any tip/help will do. I am currently downloading the game as I am writing this thread.

A few questions would be:

1. What's the best starting class for new ROSE online players?

2. On average, how many players are online (excluding those who are AFK, vendors, etc.)?

3. Is it still worth playing? I am quite worried I won't be having anyone to party with, since I have minimal to almost no idea about how this game works.

4. Are there any players from the GMT+3 time zone? If so, please let me know so I could play with you guys.

Thanks a lot in advance.

*I will be posting more questions if my need arises. Thanks!

Edited by ironlionzion, 28 September 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

1: This answer is debatable, but either a Knight or a Cannon Bourgeois. Knight if you want to practically be invincible in most leveling PvM scenario's, or Cannon Bourgeois if you'd like a boost to your income as you level.

2: Gravity refuses to post player numbers, But at peak activity [Typically 3am - 10am Server Time] I'd wager about anywhere between 100-300 including all level ranges, excluding AFK's, and depending on the day of the week.

3: That's a valid concern, early levels you should be able to find a party fairly easily, mid range you're going to have a hard time. End-game is almost no worry, especially once you're 200+ as that's when you can start using Dungeons to level. Though it's slower, it's a steadier rate.

4: I'm sure there is as this is the last official global server for the game. There is jRose but they're IP locked and don't particularly like anyone outside of Japan on their servers.

#3 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

You kind of sound like the guy who was in the twitch chat on Monday :P

Anyway I don't know if I agree completely with what Feuer said. I've found a lot of newbies do well with either a knight or a champ but I usually tell people to play a class that they like. You are more likely to stick with it if you like the playing style (ranged, melee etc). The nice thing about ROSE is that there are options even within the job class so you can decide what fits you best.

As for the question about how many people are online, a couple of things. In case you didn't know, ROSE allows multi-clienting. The people vending are not always afk but those that are most likely are either sleeping or on other characters. Same thing goes for the people standing around. My main character is almost always standing in the city but I'm usually on one or both of my clerics, buffing people somewhere...or answering questions in whispers or private messages. You might not see me moving around, but that doesn't mean I'm not pretty busy doing stuff.  I think Feuer's guesstimate of how many is low but it does depend on the day and time of day. I know a lot of my clan mates have just started school and are readjusting to the grind of homework and school projects. From my experience, the population is fairly steady with peaks on weekends especially when we have a server boost of some kind.

I've been playing this game steadily since about 2008 and I enjoy it as much today as I did on the first day. So my answer to the question "is it worth playing" is yes. My clan does not pvp or war so I can't tell you much about that other than the fact that it seems to be done by max level people more than lower levels.  But as for pve, there is plenty to do and to kill. There are some areas and maps where it's easy to find a party and if you friend the people you grind with there, then you can continue to train together as you move on to the other planets.

The best thing to do is actually start playing.  Things can be debated on a forum forever, but the only way you will know if you like it is to try it.  We are having a server maintenance right now but when the game is up again, feel free to whisper to me on HoneyBuns or Sulky and hit me with any questions you have, I'll be happy to try to answer them.

#4 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

spear champ the best most wersatile class,

1st be a pvm spear- soldier can solo lvl well in any place

6 aoe needed in any party

dodge bonus

atk speed bonus needed in boss raiding @200 wen u can join dgs

debuff best debuff of all def down/atk down/mspeed down

@230 change skill

be either a sword champion or axe for pvp purposes

spear can be well in pvp too

specially in aa

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

If I need to explain why I listed the two I did I will go ahead.

Knight: Is a solid class for you to explore in and get a good feel for the game, the environment, and see what the other classes are doing. It's also great for exploring and not having a high chance of dying if you go to the wrong area too soon. Knights also have the best PvM Buffs you could ask for, HP, Attack Power, and Defense. 

Cannon Bourgeois: Some people prefer a class that helps them get a monetary gain. I see a lot of people saying 'Spear Champ for AoE' which used* to be true, however that is no longer the case due to the patch v620 AoE mitigation. Now, Cannon AoE's are superior due to the heavy hitting, high tic-rate burn as well as it being casted from a range, and them having Def Down AoE's on hand constantly. They can also summon mobs early game that can be buffed and very powerful. But the main goal is getting those material drops and rare drops that are worth some extra change. This can possibly help newer players have some extra funds once they finally decide to explore the other classes, assuming they stay with the game.

Both are suggested based on the idea that he's not sure if he wants to play, so I suggested some classes that will allow him to explore, safely, or have some fun doing it and maybe making some money.. 

If I was going to suggest the 'best pvm class' for end-game fully funded etc, it would have obviously been different. But this recommendation was specifically tailored to his position, and requests. 

#6 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

spear :)

cheapest class to do +10 npc set +10 npc spear can do the work

i found spear has much quicker kills on mobs than a knight.

tho you have to learn to run dodge the hits upon solo lvling but its good.

can also do taunt via sacrifice and can replace or assist taunt a knight or without knight in pt with good cleric.

as for monetary funds the dirties can cover the potions/fruits used to solo.

tho it cannot compete with a knight and bourg its a cheap class and a fun to do

no complicated sets and builds and no much funding required just do the thing and lvl up.

simple stylish and cool and needed go for the spear ahoy

:)

#7 ironlionzion

ironlionzion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

Cool suggestions guys! I really appreciate it. The tank is usually the easiest class to play; this is true for most MMOs. Hence, I am going for the soldier class. I will research more on it. I hope it will help me learn the game as I progress.

Thanks for these suggestions! My IGN is Aipao. I still need help from you guys in the future. Lol.

Lastly, if any of you have ideas regarding pings or what not, can you please help me out? I created this thread because I am having delay issues.

(https://forums.warpp...7-second-delay/)

Again, thanks a lot guys!

#8 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

the best way to level for is playing a cleric + damager. you can level both at the same time your cleric while still a muse have decent buffs. try playing on window mode and dual client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users