Should I open RO from RagnarokFree.exe or Valkyrie.exe file? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Should I open RO from RagnarokFree.exe or Valkyrie.exe file?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EmiyaShirou

EmiyaShirou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

As the topic name states, Should I open RO from RagnarokFree.exe or Valkyrie.exe file?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Whichever one works.

I am aware of people who report that only RagnarokFree works, and people for whom only Valkyrie works, and people who insist that both of them work fine, and wonder what all the fuss is about.

I think it depends on when patches got applied in what order sometime last fall...
Or possibly what constellation your computer is oriented in alignment with.

#3 EmiyaShirou

EmiyaShirou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Whichever one works.

I am aware of people who report that only RagnarokFree works, and people for whom only Valkyrie works, and people who insist that both of them work fine, and wonder what all the fuss is about.

I think it depends on when patches got applied in what order sometime last fall...
Or possibly what constellation your computer is oriented in alignment with.

Well for me both works, and i see they got the same creations date and time(and the same size) that's why I was wondering in which should I play with, are there some differences or something.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

Well for me both works, and i see they got the same creations date and time(and the same size) that's why I was wondering in which should I play with, are there some differences or something.

It's the same file, but different names. Originally it was Valkyrie.exe, but Gravity Interactive changed it to RagnarokFree.exe so newbies know which one goes to the free server. For some reason, they never removed the Valkyrie.exe file so the installer just creates both.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Ya if they both work, they both work. don't worry about it.

It's the same file, but different names. Originally it was Valkyrie.exe, but Gravity Interactive changed it to RagnarokFree.exe so newbies know which one goes to the free server. For some reason, they never removed the Valkyrie.exe file so the installer just creates both.

It is not this simple.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

It is not this simple.

I figured that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic