Give RKs a cooldown reduction for Ignition Break (gear or change skill) - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Give RKs a cooldown reduction for Ignition Break (gear or change skill)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

The Tornado Axe did wonders for making axe mechanics viable and fun to play again, I'm suggesting to do the same to RKs.

Either use the same approach and give a fire element weapon similar to what I proposed here, which I will also quote in a spoiler below: https://forums.warpp...sals/?p=2467158

Or give another gear (armor or accessory) or just change the skill itself. 

Spoiler

Both weapons I suggested here follow the Tornado Axe formula where-in they are ideal for that skill, specifically, but can be used by whoever and do not replace the current "best in slot" choice for a general purpose weapon. The one handed sword could also be used by shadow chasers. 

I personally think having the cool down come from something other than a weapon is better, as that way you can opt for more versatile configuration, but I'd be happy with even this. An accessory, armor, or armor + accessory combo would be great. Headgear I'd rather leave open, as we already have an OK class specific headgear or general purpose ones (healing hat, rideword/vana, eddga, etc.

If I had to take a crack at suggesting an armor or accessory, then I'd say something along the lines of:

Accessory only:

Spoiler

Armor only:

Spoiler

TBH I think the skill itself should just be changed to a 1sec cooldown but whatever, I'll take what I can get to be able to play an RK as an actual Knight instead of a lizard jockey. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 21 October 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#2 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Tornado Axe for mechanics made them more viable to PVM/PVE, it's true but Physical Mechanic had a bad dps before they implement the axe (except when you do combos of Axe Tornado+Magma Flow) but still slow compared to others classes who can even 1shot mobs with their AOE skills.

i don't get the point yet of reduce the cooldown of Ignition Break, Physical RKs level by doing combos of BB/IB/Wind Cutter and they do pretty good this method, but hey, a suggestion is a suggestion.. why no?

#3 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

I don't mind that it's not a one-shot skill, but I don't see why we need a 2 second cool down. The skill is not so strong that it warrants it. You can still combo those other skills between casts of IB with a 1 second cool down, and while I like the IB->WC combo, the damage potential is still bad compared to even lava flow + axe tornado, not to mention the stun + burning chance. Fear is nice, but it's very low chance and nowhere near as useful as stun. 

My point is, they did it for mech... why not for RK? It'd be one more option for people to use. 

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

old rune circlet and upcoming bio5 cards will buff IB a lot. at +10 circled, the DPS of IB raised 100%.
so, i am fine with the current state of IB.

#5 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

The card is an MVP card and you can't use the circlet until base level 170 which will grant 10% per 2 refine (so at +10 it'll be 50%); heck, the true seyren card says it buffs sonic wave:

http://www.divine-pr...en-windsor-card

[item=4689]

and the regular RK one is a general atk/aspd/stats one.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the effects have been changed since that, but I'm using DP and this link as references: http://ro.vrc7.net/?page_id=1630

Edited by mildcontempt, 21 October 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

for leveling purpose under level 170, there is black ribbon

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

I'll 1,000,000,000% trade 30% extra damage from headgear for -1 sec cooldown. 

Mechs also have sea captain's hat, and while bugged, still gives 20%. You'll note however, that 20-30% is not worth it, as rideword/vana/eddga is better. 

Do you guys seriously think it would imbalance IB builds? It would also give SC's a boost for PVM skills. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users