[Renewal] Disable Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

[Renewal] Disable Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

POPULAR

The community had a debate on this when it was implemented.  One of the fears was that people with Taos would just default the Unfrozen set, and not have to sacrifice the rest of their gear to get 100 MDEF to be Freeze immune, and that entire roles (Frost Joke Maestro, Jack Frost Warlocks) and an entire status effect (Frozen) would be removed from WoE.

That's exactly what happened.

We were told that the GMs would look into making it not work with certain cards so that the OP combinations wouldn't be OP.

That never happened.

There was also the fear that since you had to be VIP to even do the event, and it was an RNG based event that not everyone would get a set and we would never see it again.

We were told that the set wouldn't disappear completely and that it would be available to everyone eventually.

That never happened.

So now we have this ridiculously OP set, that only people that paid for VIP during the month of February 2016 have a CHANCE of having access to.  Anyone who either wasn't VIP, or wasn't playing RO on Renewal, or had no interest in WoE 9 months ago are now permanently -_- over.

I use the set myself in WoE, it's a -_- godsend.  I can just default a Tao, and storage my black rosaries to have Megs, and only have to toggle garment/footgear (woe robe/shoes -> GFSS/Temp Boots) to change between defense and offense.  I no longer need Gibbet BFGs for MDEF, or an MDEF enchanted Long Mace, I can just default a KVM Mace knowing full well that the only counter to that was removed for just me and a handful of others because we just so happened to be VIP during the event 9 months ago, and were lucky enough to get a set and upgrade it.  I no longer have to worry about Storm Gust, Jack Frost, or Frost Joke.  Those skills are practically, if not completely, worthless now.  The set is OP, anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to downplay it so they can keep their advantage over everyone who doesn't have it.

That advantage is only available for the handful of people that just so happened to have VIP 9 months ago on the account they want to WoE on today.  All anyone else can do is -_- off and cry about it.

That's a fantastic message for anyone looking to get involved in Renewal WoE now:

"You're upset because a fantastically game changing set of gear with no downsides and no counter is no longer available to you because you weren't giving us money and playing on this exact server on that exact account 9 months ago?  Does that really bum you out?"

BVrk05BCIAAR7IT.jpg

Just disable the set in WoE until after a way to make it available/fair for newer players actually gets implemented in game.  Or better yet just make it permanently disabled in woe/pvp.  It's not the only change that needs to happen, but it's at least step in the right direction, and one that iRO can do on our own.

Or don't, and tell the people who want to join WoE on an actual fair playing field to go -_- themselves and find some other game to play.

#2 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

Welcome to Warp Portal management. Ruining the game, one implementation at a time :)

It's normal for them to forget about things they were going to do and completely forget about it until it becomes a problem again. But truthfully, the GMs don't play this game or even have an experienced understanding on how their players play this game. So they do stuff without caring about consequences or for future players to learn how to be at the same level as everyone else.

Regarding the unfrozen set, I think it's fine to leave it in PvP. But a certain combination of (high end) gears makes it completely broken (especially now everyone has +14 KvMs that they use with their Tao or Unfrozen Set). That specific problem needs to be addressed but I doubt they're willing to change anything. The GMs don't know what's broken or what they're doing wrong because, as I have said, they don't have anyone playing this game at the same level.

Edited by Demeris, 01 November 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, it was a shame this happened, this is why there are more serious vents on things like the penetration set. You can only really prevent something from happening, not so much fix it once it is in.

#4 QuantumGemerald

QuantumGemerald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Remember back when costumes first came out and we were promised, "Don't worry they will never have stats, it's just cosmetic!" Not long after we got costumes with stats but were told, "Don't worry the stats are so insignificant it wont make a difference!" And now we have unfrozen shadow sets, upgradable shadow sets, enchantable costumes, etc.

Almost every time we are told something involving the kafra shop isn't going to happen, it happens. I'm honestly surprised we don't have rental god items in the kafra shop yet.

#5 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

Shall we talk also about base stat immunity for stun, sleep and such other statuses and maybe GX poisons too??  People are QQing about unfro shadow set because it's one of the few statuses that you need to gear up inorder to resist while other status can just be resisted by base stat alone.

Remember back when costumes first came out and we were promised, "Don't worry they will never have stats, it's just cosmetic!" Not long after we got costumes with stats but were told, "Don't worry the stats are so insignificant it wont make a difference!" And now we have unfrozen shadow sets, upgradable shadow sets, enchantable costumes, etc.

Almost every time we are told something involving the kafra shop isn't going to happen, it happens. I'm honestly surprised we don't have rental god items in the kafra shop yet.

Shadow sets are not costumes, they are extension equipments and  just belong to the same "special equipment" tab with the costumes. But yeah, costumes should only just be costume or atleast they make all costumes enchantable so we dont have to force our selves wearing the ugly lamp or that moon thing just because they have more bonus than the better looking costumes

Shall we talk also about base stat immunity for stun, sleep and such other statuses and maybe GX poisons too??  People are QQing about unfro shadow set because it's one of the few statuses that you need to gear up inorder to resist while other status can just be resisted by base stat alone.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 01 November 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#6 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Nooo!! Don't disable the set. I'm loving it with my sc with tao + gtb/cranial vshield.

#7 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

i thought they said they will disable the unfrozen set when it detects mvp cards like tao lol

#8 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

lol no thanks No one listend when it was needed to listen and now u whistl blowers ask for it to be gone. LMAO no thanks TOO BAD it wont go lmao sucks to be non unfrozen user (including me) lmao

#9 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

We argued this crap was and is gamebreaking because shadow sets HAVE NO COST associated with them. Stat-based immunity? Gotta build for them. Card-based resistances/immunities? Gotta sacrifice a damage or defensive card for them.

Hell if I care now though, I've long since stopped playing PVM and with last Sunday my times in TE have also come to an end. RIP iRO, shame it's so badly managed.

#10 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

BVrk05BCIAAR7IT.jpg

Those nipples made me giggle like a mutt, lol

#11 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

We argued this crap was and is gamebreaking because shadow sets HAVE NO COST associated with them. Stat-based immunity? Gotta build for them. Card-based resistances/immunities? Gotta sacrifice a damage or defensive card for them.

saying no cost associated with them is subjective, another reason is because we have LESS TO NO choices in shadow sets making no sacrifices when using this set AT THE MOMENT. Shadow sets should keep coming so people that there will be a pros and cos on using a specific shadow set

Gotta build on stat-based immunity? Are u kidding yourself? It would be true if we had low stat points to play with but NO, getting 100 vit on a build for stun immunity is a no-brainer already, that's not even base yet.. They can even remove those statuses from the game coz it is so useless already

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 01 November 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

Since I don't WoE and probably will never WoE on iRO, I don't really care, but this should be listened to by all means!!!

But yeah, costumes should only just be costume or atleast they make all costumes enchantable so we dont have to force our selves wearing the ugly lamp or that moon thing just because they have more bonus than the better looking costumes.

#13 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

saying no cost associated with them is subjective, another reason is because we have LESS TO NO choices in shadow sets making no sacrifices when using this set AT THE MOMENT. Shadow sets should keep coming so people that there will be a pros and cos on using a specific shadow set

Gotta build on stat-based immunity? Are u kidding yourself? It would be true if we had low stat points to play with but NO, getting 100 vit on a build for stun immunity is a no-brainer already, that's not even base yet.. They can even remove those statuses from the game coz it is so useless already

i own unfro shadow set but still vote for disabling it, be it woe or pvp

my kage is almost or near invincible with it at pvp, now imagine if extended class gets 175 cap.

Edited by powerhausman, 01 November 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#14 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

"All Shadow Items would be blocked in PVP Environments."

When can we get this proposal be real lol

#15 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

"All Shadow Items would be blocked in PVP Environments."

When can we get this proposal be real lol

oh wow, im super fine with this

and implement tempest and penetration sets now asap

#16 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

oh wow, im super fine with this

and implement tempest and penetration sets now asap

https://forums.warpp...-proposal-pt-2/

Here, but they usually just wrote something that cant be real though

#17 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Random as -_- post but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas to preddie!

I strongly believe either they make the unfrozen shadow set available to everyone, or disable the -_-.

I think GMs should over look all the status effects in general in my honest opinion~

at 175, one can get enough status points to literally be immuned to all status effects -___-

this literally defeats the purpose of some cards which is just sad

>->

#18 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Off-topic fact :
Even they are in EP 16.1. There is no shadow system in JRO yet. Probably they denied it. lol.

#19 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Why would they listen now if they didn't listen before?

I do agree it should only be pvm but I doubt they would overturn that decision as then the people that spent real money would complain, so is a lose-lose situation for

them and it's easier to do nothing about and have people complain than change it and have people complain anyways.

#20 jay0714

jay0714

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

If it's still 2015 I would against unfrozen shadow at all cost.

But heck it's 2016 going into 2017 and we have an average standard of everyone having +14 weapons (And many many more more MVPs)

Basically you will die to anything in WoE instantly without a TAO or a GR.

Upon disabling the set only 3 scenario exist:

1. you get frozen and become useless.

2. you die to anything instantly. 

3. you are going to spent a heck!$!# lots of zeny to achieve 100 mdef

By all means we should increase the defensiveness of gears instead of removing their effects. 

When you compare a +15 weapon to a +15 armor, the later is uttermost useless.

So my suggestion is to make unfrozen shadow set widely available to everyone instead of going to remove this and that.

#21 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

If it's still 2015 I would against unfrozen shadow at all cost.

But heck it's 2016 going into 2017 and we have an average standard of everyone having +14 weapons (And many many more more MVPs)

Basically you will die to anything in WoE instantly without a TAO or a GR.

Upon disabling the set only 3 scenario exist:

1. you get frozen and become useless.

2. you die to anything instantly. 

3. you are going to spent a heck!$!# lots of zeny to achieve 100 mdef

By all means we should increase the defensiveness of gears instead of removing their effects. 

When you compare a +15 weapon to a +15 armor, the later is uttermost useless.

So my suggestion is to make unfrozen shadow set widely available to everyone instead of going to remove this and that.

Its 2016 going on 2017 , which is a bigger reason why GMs should be trying to step in and balance out the game. If the standard of everyone having +14 weapons and taos, then there needs to be some way to balance that.

WoE isnt just about gears but about skill/talent.

Disabling the set would help by

1) not allowing people to main their taos/grs/belts/any gear they want

2) allows people to have to work in a team to get unfrozen

3) make people learn how to gear switch

4) helps disable + kill people.

I'm mostly for disabling the set PERIOD as it will balance WoE more but yeah

>:c

#22 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

there's no such thing called balanced in this game. the way updates are concern...

#23 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:01 PM

Its 2016 going on 2017 , which is a bigger reason why GMs should be trying to step in and balance out the game. If the standard of everyone having +14 weapons and taos, then there needs to be some way to balance that.

WoE isnt just about gears but about skill/talent.

Disabling the set would help by

1) not allowing people to main their taos/grs/belts/any gear they want

2) allows people to have to work in a team to get unfrozen

3) make people learn how to gear switch

4) helps disable + kill people.

I'm mostly for disabling the set PERIOD as it will balance WoE more but yeah

>:c

Disabling the set is only a temporary solution and not a balance. Balance should be able to inflict stun/sleep/cold/other disabling statuses on a player EVEN if he cannot be frozen (e.g use of unfro set), the way it is now, once you have an unfro set and MVP gears, you are near invincible because of the other crappy status immunity settings. Why whine on a shadow unfro set when it takes the shadow gear slots and just keep silent on a 100 vit stat immunity?

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

Cadbury is the only person in this entire thread that actually understands what balance is.

Pred makes a good point in the fact that EVERYONE deserves to have a chance at the unfrozen set. We need more options though, but with the leash kRO has on iRO, I doubt we will get any. Adding the other stat immune sets will be a step in the right direction. Having the upgrading event in for weeks totally exasperated the situation, so in reality, the unfrozen set would actually bring MORE balance if it were available to everyone.

No one in this thread can mention the word balance until you take your blinders off and see that your close minded refusal for change is the sole reason that the game can not move forward. For example, Renewal was virtually unplayable for a lot of classes until the WoE set came in. If the GMs made a proposal about implementing the WoE set back then, I would bet a million dollars that the community would be against it.

I guess if everyone wants to have a cookie cutter meta that requires no decision making, disabling this set and vetoing any future shadow sets would be ideal. A changing meta is way more healthy for the game than a stagnant time capsule. Power creep is needed and inevitable, especially in a game that runs off of micro transactions. 

Edited by Myzery, 01 November 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#25 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

But who is going to judge what "balance" is?  Everyone will have their opinions on what is balanced and what is not and what balance is in itself.

Even if every single one of us agreed on it, would the changes happen? how long it would take for them to happen? would they implement all the changes we

propose or would they leave some out, possibly making things worse? (as it has happened in the past) What would they be allowed to implement? 

I'm fine with change when it's for the better but I think it would take a long time and many things would have to come into place for it to happen.  And if things got

worse before they got better, do you think people would quit before it got better? I bet many would.

So, would it be worth waiting a few years for the game to be balanced when only a few people is going to be left to play it? I wonder...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users