[Renewal] Disable Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

[Renewal] Disable Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

If they implement the masq set to 100% disable masq, people will have 2 OP sets to choose.

If we add another set to reduce any physical attacks by half, people will have 3 OP sets to choose and so on.

This will balance WoE for sure  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Not sure if his being Chakri or what but this is exactly why i want other shadow sets to be implemented in iRO. iRO dies when kRO does anyway

#102 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

x10000% all skill damages shadow set so anyone can 1 hit everybody.

56319968.jpg

Edited by BlackMeow, 04 November 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#103 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

In before shadow sets allow use of insperation...

The purpose of introduction of new shadow sets is to counter each class. To counter, RG, we don't need PPA shadow set because FPC already works. If you want buff sets, then we also need at TC set and No limit set as well hahaha

The set to counter RG is the set that I suggested earlier, the set that reduces any physical damage by half. For a set to counter GX, a possion set that makes you immune to all poisons :)

#104 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

Unfortunately the GM's, as usual, are unresponsive.

Two options:

(1) Disable it.
(2) Make it available to VIP once again through Daily Quen after completion of a quest. Exactly like how it was back In February of this year.

Pick one and do it.

I speak as someone who acquired the unfrozen shadow set and even spent a decent chunk of real cash upgrading it. I'd rather see more fairness, even if it means a sacrifice on my part. Personally, I would be happier with option 2 than with option 1, because my investment wouldn't go to waste. But either way, one of the two above options needs to be chosen and implemented by the GMs as soon as practicable.

Continuing the current choice of doing nothing is unacceptable. Giving one segment of the WoE population such an unfair, long-term, immutable advantage is unacceptable.

Either do your jobs or hire illegals to do it for less. Because as far as I can see, our money is clearly wasted on the salaries of such seemingly detached and uninterested management.

#105 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

I like the idea that came out of this thread of implementing other, different, status effect immunity shadow sets.

A lot of people complain about 3rd class status effects (Stasis, CC, Masq, Howl, etc), and they're not wrong that some of these status effects are too powerful, and too easy to inflict.  By making people have to make a choice on which status effect they want to be immune to, you inherently make the Unfrozen set less OP since there's now legitimate competition for best-in-slot.

I think the best option is to disable the Unfrozen Shadow set in woe/pvp until we get sets that actually compete with the Unfrozen set for best-in-slot.  In the meantime, also making it obtainable via some permanent method (ie. put it in kafra shop and make it tradable, or the Shadow Analyzer from Camp's Modest Proposal), so that people who don't currently have the set, can obtain one and be ready to go once it's re-enabled.

I think these shadow sets DO have a place in WoE, but the system is just not fully fleshed out enough to be enabled right now.

#106 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

We should just stop discussing this matter since GMs dont care about this. They dont even want to reply in this thread after 4 days.

#107 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

We should just stop discussing this matter since GMs dont care about this. They dont even want to reply in this thread after 4 days.

Its been 6 but whose counting lmfao

#108 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

I made the thread during maintenance, so between that and the weekend, I wasn't really expecting a GM response until early this week.  I wanted the community to have some discussion already baked into the thread before the GMs got to it so that alternative ideas could be presented before the GMs responded.  This way they'll have more options to consider going forward, instead of just hearing my case and feeling the need to respond right away.

#109 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Because as far as I can see, our money is clearly wasted on the salaries of such seemingly detached and uninterested management.

Actually our money is being wasted on keeping 5 other dead games alive and opening up new mobile games every year that have a typical lifespan of about 3 hours.

#110 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

I still think the GMs need to reintroduce it in tandem with a shadow upgrade event. Like was mentioned before here, we all know the set is strong, but to gauge a real idea of how it would be on a mass scale, everyone needs a chance to use it.

Other alternative sets would be nice, but I feel that howl and masq should not be 100% immunity.

#111 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Let's not let this post go back any pages. Then we will never get an answer =D

#112 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:22 AM

So much for expecting something "early this week".  Something something squeaky wheels... :dunno:

That's fine by me if this doesn't change, I'll keep abusing the -_- out of this OP set that nobody can get anymore.  Anyone without the set, i guess you're going to live with just knowing that you're really missing out on a completely game changing set that makes WoE so easy for the super rich that it should be barred from use in any actual competitive scene where fair play mattered.

I still think it'll be best for the server if this set was disabled for now.  And re-enabled when until either the set has a hard counter, or there are more, equally useful, alternatives implemented.  In the meantime provide a permanent way for everyone to get the set.  Add onto that an increased frequency on shadow upgrade events, or at least a shadow upgrade event once most people have gotten a chance to get the set, but at least have a shadow upgrade event before the set gets re-enable if it's disabled.

#113 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

Disable Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE ( yes 100% yes DISABLE ) FOR ALL WOE 

Edited by Rockerox, 10 November 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#114 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

I just saw this response in another thread, quoting it here so that anyone reading this waiting for an update knows it isn't just being ignored.

We are not commenting on specific sets implementation/re-implementation right now, but keep an eye on the Modest Proposal threads!

#115 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Woot Penetration set incoming. 

#116 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

Woot Penetration set incoming.

No he means the masq immunity set -_-

#117 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

Who the -_- needs the @ss penetration set when PVM is ez as -_- and WoE is a one shot event, reserved for Gods/MvPs users and cheating dogs? I lol'es so hard that I auto farted like a mini gun xD

#118 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

No he means the masq immunity set -_-

Woot Masq Immun, Stasis Immune, Penetration woot.

#119 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

Masq immunity probably wouldn't be too bad, as long as it's only to one Masq at a time. Complete immunity to all 6 masqs would be dumb, and we would be back to the fcp-hard-counters-stalker days.

I could see someone going for ignorance immunity, but still being vulnerable to weakness. Or someone going for weakness immunity, but vulnerable to ignorance.

The former keeps their freedom, but sacrifices survivability. The latter ensures they're always tanky, but they can still lose their skill usage.

Both of these sacrifice Tao + unfrozen.

Edited by Tofu, 10 November 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#120 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Rip dragon users

#121 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

Gloomy immunity :v

#122 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

Nah, no one saw this coming

#123 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Gloomy immunity :v

Ignorance disables their skills

Gloomy disable them too( a part i know, but the one that matters)

I still think its much better to give gloomy a chance to remove mount, even if a high one.

Edited by Ashuckel, 10 November 2016 - 01:25 PM.

#124 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

Ignorance disables everyone's skills. But at least you can wait out the 20 seconds (or dispel) instead of bwinging.

Still don't see why rip dragon users. It'd simply be rip everyone if you believed ignorance immunity was too strong.

#125 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Weakness immunity = pots through anything, just disable chaser already ez
Ignorance immunity = who cares?
Gloomy immunity = just disable gloomy already (every DB RK will use it)
Disable Unfrozen shadow: Make those vit DLE sellers more rich, woe more unfriendly to newbies.
Solution: as I have said before
1. gloomy: cd dragon box or skill, regain dragon with a delay time
2. Unfrozen: sell more Unfrozen shadow for cash
3. disable Weakness: disable Tao first. delete chaser account already.

Again chaser is the most nerfed job since renewal started, and is only OP when they know how to play & have OP gears, period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users