Heirloom Weapon Comebacks - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Heirloom Weapon Comebacks

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys, i've been wondering about the massive amounts of heirloom equips in IAH compared to here? Since they had a lot of players to grind for these kinds of stuff, it's kind of unfair that we are seeing not enough of these in-game, not to mention that people forgot their IDs after coming back to play while not playing for a long time and believe me, i know how it feels to forget one's own ID. Shouldn't we bring back the Heirloom equips to produce more items for players in-game instead of transferring to IAH to get these "drooling equips? Because we didn't even have enough players to being with to get all these stuff for enough to float around in the market such as Antare and ridiculous prices of kimart wings nowadays. When i login IAH, i see tons of Antare Necklaces and Kimarts for sale with a good economy to get enough that amount of gold to go cycle around too since many people grinded at the time as they received gold to spend. In my opinion, heirloom weapons and armor should be extended for a certain amount of time, like an event or so, just to bring back some players' wishlists and to have a fair amount to be around the market instead of people hogging them all year-long while other people drool for them and get bored of the game saying that it's "unfair." Well, let me know what you guys think and hopefully, we can bring back these heirloom stuff to an extended amount of time.

#2 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

After enough updates, the heirloom stuff will become obsolete. Rumour has it that the ice continent patch will release wings far superior to kimart wings (currently the most expensive heirloom item). Drakos is better than heirloom lightning oak.

#3 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Hey guys, i've been wondering about the massive amounts of heirloom equips in IAH compared to here? Since they had a lot of players to grind for these kinds of stuff, it's kind of unfair that we are seeing not enough of these in-game, not to mention that people forgot their IDs after coming back to play while not playing for a long time and believe me, i know how it feels to forget one's own ID. Shouldn't we bring back the Heirloom equips to produce more items for players in-game instead of transferring to IAH to get these "drooling equips? Because we didn't even have enough players to being with to get all these stuff for enough to float around in the market such as Antare and ridiculous prices of kimart wings nowadays. When i login IAH, i see tons of Antare Necklaces and Kimarts for sale with a good economy to get enough that amount of gold to go cycle around too since many people grinded at the time as they received gold to spend. In my opinion, heirloom weapons and armor should be extended for a certain amount of time, like an event or so, just to bring back some players' wishlists and to have a fair amount to be around the market instead of people hogging them all year-long while other people drool for them and get bored of the game saying that it's "unfair." Well, let me know what you guys think and hopefully, we can bring back these heirloom stuff to an extended amount of time.

Do you honestly think that farming people will allow anyone other than themselves to get those items if they came back?

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

After enough updates, the heirloom stuff will become obsolete. Rumour has it that the ice continent patch will release wings far superior to kimart wings (currently the most expensive heirloom item). Drakos is better than heirloom lightning oak.

no.
and barely in some cases.

#5 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Highly doubt that there will be something as OP as extra 48 agility in sometime

#6 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

errr its a game stuff happens... you dont get what you want dude, and fer real? Then by what your saying you think the world is fair. Like if there was an event that lasted for about a month then it ran out but this guy joined right after it ended! OH NO! we must bring the event back so that new guy can get the stuff from the event too! thats like what your saying. Life isn't fair, go play the market, get money, buy an over priced one. If i can do it (NO IM SELLING INVOLVED) you can too... lazy people shouldnt complain.

#7 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

The reason the kimarts and ant neck are so rare is that the area where they are obtained was never released. The only reason they exist is some lucky players got to go to the area with a gm (or something along those lines). The point of heirloom items is to show that they are old, so no, your suggestion removes the whole point of the items being heirloom. I do think it's lame that mimir rings and some other boss drops didn't get changed to heirloom just because you can still obtain them. Would have made more sense to make the old ones heirloom, but not the new ones.

Perhaps non heirloom versions of some items could be released into the game, but if it means the heirloom title must be removed from the old items, it's a bad idea.

#8 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Highly doubt that there will be something as OP as extra 48 agility in sometime

40 agi 20 hlt 8% eva back without soulcraft options and 300 base def/mdef?

#9 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

What Item gives that?

#10 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

What Item gives that?

Snow muffy

#11 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

What Item gives that?

Highest rank blizzard muffler.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Snow muffy

what
the
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#13 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Highest rank blizzard muffler.

Got a picture?

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

Mind = Blown

Wonder how difficult it is to get them.

#15 DragMaster

DragMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Got a picture?

http://jdragonica.fi...11520470509.jpg

#16 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

WHAT TEH HELLL!? Although I can't read that, looks overpowered. ._.

#17 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

http://jdragonica.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/dragonica10111520470509.jpg

Wouldn't that be later into the game? (like I said)

#18 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

That's not the highest rank one, or if it is, it's not the one with the combination of stats that I mentioned.

#19 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

That's not the highest rank one, or if it is, it's not the one with the combination of stats that I mentioned.

But wouldn't that still be later into the game?

#20 Confusion

Confusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Locationtoo dizzy to remember

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

know that a item is now rare and unobtainable makes it more fun to get items
as for you say the iah markets it good? BUSHLACKA! everyone charges for cash there even for cruddy stuff, the ingame gold market is waaaaay better.

but as for your event idea about bringing old items back, i like the idea but it's ironic if they just droped being called heirloom. there should be like a new quest or dungeon to get treasure chest that contain em.

did you say there were common/cheap kimart wings?! :P can you provide a screen shot?

#21 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

Old items should not be brought back, why should veterans who have put their effort and time into getting items that
cannot be obtained anymore only for new players to walk in and get the same items. Sure it may not be "fair" for
new players in some cases (eg. kimarts, old bd sets, LOAK's etc) to pay excessive amounts of gold to obtain
those items, but taking away the rarity and uniqueness of such items from veterans and sharing it on equal terms with
all new players isn't "fair" on veteran players either. Why should veterans bother playing when new players can just log on,
charge a ton of IM cash (which is cheaper now than before), sell it all for gold and buy the same unique equips that
vet's may have spent hours, days, cash or w/e trying to obtain.

Every single game has certain unique items that could only be obtained for a certain time and have stats that are
better than average equips around the same level. You just need to continue playing, and when the time arises when
new special and unique equips are available, try and get them just like other players have before you. Try not to dwell
on the past, just focus on the future to come, when new items come... when......... :P

Edited by Mikay, 09 December 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#22 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:52 AM

Old items should not be brought back, why should veterans who have put their effort and time into getting items that
cannot be obtained anymore only for new players to walk in and get the same items. Sure it may not be "fair" for
new players in some cases (eg. kimarts, old bd sets, LOAK's etc) to pay excessive amounts of gold to obtain
those items, but taking away the rarity and uniqueness of such items from veterans and sharing it on equal terms with
all new players isn't "fair" on veteran players either. Why should veterans bother playing when new players can just log on,
charge a ton of IM cash (which is cheaper now than before), sell it all for gold and buy the same unique equips that
vet's may have spent hours, days, cash or w/e trying to obtain.

Every single game has certain unique items that could only be obtained for a certain time and have stats that are
better than average equips around the same level. You just need to continue playing, and when the time arises when
new special and unique equips are available, try and get them just like other players have before you. Try not to dwell
on the past, just focus on the future to come, when new items come... when......... :P

I agree with all of this except when it comes to kimarts since they were never freely available for anyone to get at a certain time.

#23 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Bringing back Heirloom equips would not:
1) Bring in more players
2) Be relevant to all classes
3) Possibly be fairly distributed
4) Improve the game in any way

Long story short, no. As people above have pointed out, future items will be better than the old ones and there's possibly no way for these items to be reintroduced to the game without fking it up. Sorry but all I see is an argument based on selfish intent rather than logic in the OP.

#24 Taimaishu

Taimaishu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

Sorry for being noob, but isn't the new "back" items exactly like Drakos weapon? You make it, and you have a chance to get up to 4 extra options prior to soul crafting. So getting 40agi 20hlt and 8% evade would actually be random and by luck. If I'm wrong sorry for questioning you, you definitely know more then I do about this game.

Edited by Taimaishu, 09 December 2010 - 02:44 AM.

#25 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

I agree with all of this except when it comes to kimarts since they were never freely available for anyone to get at a certain time.

True, but for me personally that doesn't bother me. Some games do have these sort of items though that could only be obtained through bugs
or glitches, or some way that your average player cannot get, even upgrading items above their expectations using some sort of bug or glitch
is not uncommon. Few players just get lucky (assuming they aren't hacking or something) and get the ability to obtain such items, that's just
the way it is. But I completely understand how it may upset/annoy others, I just don't think about it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users