Even if you follow the rules - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Even if you follow the rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

#176 bloodsinarmy

bloodsinarmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

You really need to get outside more. The mod has already stated to stay on topic regarding guild emblems.

#177 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

Why would I go outside? It's dark out. Been dark since 4pm. #northerner problems

I think it's relevant now to talk about toxic streaming as that's the reason why the GMs are all over me, isn't it? Mass reporting because of soreness at things said on stream?

I really believe we need to have this conversation. People are going to say bad things on stream. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Likewise if people say/do bad things in game, if I don't like it, I won't play.

So back to emblems? I'm still concerned that they get more attention than... you know this:

[REDACTED]

Where's the patcher notice about it? And why not let people have a bad mannered yet legal way to shoot back? Only iRO Classic could make having a grey emblem more of a big deal than the things the people in that video are admitting to. And now you're trying to change the topic because there's no going back and saying "that's a mistake" because they are actually talking about it.

Edited by Xellie, 05 December 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#178 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

for the record (and being relevant), emblems were a-ok yesterday, a++ everyone

#179 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Just for clarification I could care less if people say on a stream the guild that I'm in is trash or that I'm a terrible minstrel, that I need to learn how to play, etc....because let's face it I am terrible at RO lol. That's merely stating the truth. I'm pretty sure most people feel this way about some trash talking coming with the territory of pvp. 

But I think there is a fine line between saying your opponents are bad versus accusing them haphazardly of using all sorts of cheats with little to no evidence and then even worse reporting them with shoddy evidence at best. If Aurora took seriously every single time we've been accused by Valhalla of cheating and kicked people out of our guild we would have zero members. Our leader got accused of autopotting pumpkins in BG of all places by VH??? The first time I used AHK I got accused of illegal activity on Xellie's stream, including autopotting within moments of fighting with opponents and I'm like...really? lol. I don't think I was reported that woe but had I gotten a warning or ban you can believe I'd be pissed and vengeful, which is where the whole bit about toxicity from streams comes in to play here. That SGN vid is pretty gross but I can't blame them for the attitude they have. 

It is the GMs job to investigate. Players merely forward suspicions - since we can't see everything that a GM could see.

The SGN video is what we have always based our "knowledge" on. They were like that since before I started streaming. And every guild has players that are overzealous about bots/ap accusations and as you have seen, I prefer a much more scientific approach.

Not like when people accuse me of AP off a single pot at the same time as lutie.

I think you'll find as often a lot of the times people feel "accused" is just "holy ____ look at that _______ " aimed at a group with no cursors over names. Like seriously. It's just pvp hotheadness.

But to address it further, I cannot control what they say. - But wouldn't you agree it would be dull without? I'm sure there are moments on that stream that amuse you as well as offend.

Edited by Xellie, 04 December 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#180 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

Did you ever think they say those things on stream just to get a reaction from you? Because I would defiantly do it just to get this kind of reaction haha.

#181 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:43 PM

*Throws bags of reaction*

#182 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Did you ever think they say those things on stream just to get a reaction from you? Because I would defiantly do it just to get this kind of reaction haha.

they didn't know. They're were pretty upset and demanded silenced VOIP on future streams and turned off vods lmao.

We do it on my stream tho, sometimes if someone has been extra annoying I let the guild know when I go live and we are like "the word cheat is banned today" or "_________ has been a tool, mention it as many times as possible"

This weekend we intended to accuse everyone (even ourselves) of cheating, but it was too much work lol. Especially when people are getting butthurt over a pvp based stream. fyi, the only thing we report is sean, any suspected AP/ndl just gets laughed at because it's unenforceable. We think up ways to abuse players using stuff like that - not report :)

#183 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:27 AM

Classic WoE drama is putting Renewal WoE drama to shame!

#184 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Classic WoE drama is putting Renewal WoE drama to shame!

We just need to step our game up. Going to have to start pissing people off during woe along with audio during our woe video. Did you see the 1st 30 sec of hayroh video? That's the kind of fire we need to start bringing.

#185 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

>"they're doing an autopot check"

>"alright i"ll turn my -_- off then"

... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha why would you ever say that out loud? 

#186 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

>"they're doing an autopot check"

>"alright i"ll turn my -_- off then"

... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha why would you ever say that out loud?

Because it's about to be 2017? Also you can't be ban for saying you AP or MP hack or any of that stuff. You have to have clear and definitive evidence.

#187 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

Who cares about the legality, just don't say it if you don't want to be made fun of for it?

Us making fun of bad cheaters on stream doesn't mean we report them - frankly its too much effort during woe. So whatever Ecclesio is trying to imply is stupid. Laughing about someone doing something stupid doesn't mean we're going through the long and tedious report process.

#188 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

We just need to step our game up. Going to have to start pissing people off during woe along with audio during our woe video. Did you see the 1st 30 sec of hayroh video? That's the kind of fire we need to start bringing.

Only need first 5 seconds -_-

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 December 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#189 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

On that topic btw

forum user darkabe demanded I publicly apologize to valkyrie guild because their guildleader got banned as a result of Valhalla members reporting and complaining about a bug that adversely affected our WoE experience.

So I am sorry the GMs did a bad thing - Obviously I should have flown out there to dissuade them from doing whatever they do. My bad, my bad.

Edited by Xellie, 05 December 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#190 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Why would I go outside? It's dark out. Been dark since 4pm. #northerner problems

I think it's relevant now to talk about toxic streaming as that's the reason why the GMs are all over me, isn't it? Mass reporting because of soreness at things said on stream?

I really believe we need to have this conversation. People are going to say bad things on stream. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Likewise if people say/do bad things in game, if I don't like it, I won't play.

So back to emblems? I'm still concerned that they get more attention than... you know this:

Where's the patcher notice about it? And why not let people have a bad mannered yet legal way to shoot back? Only iRO Classic could make having a grey emblem more of a big deal than the things the people in that video are admitting to. And now you're trying to change the topic because there's no going back and saying "that's a mistake" because they are actually talking about it.

I didn't remember Watching woe classic is like watching everything in slow mo haha

#191 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

:p_laugh: I'm actually laughing at the person that keeps opening the thread to view it.  Glad to entertain you bro

Edited by Xellie, 05 December 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#192 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

The discussion has continued in the direction of non-emblem related posts and will be closed. The original premise of the OP has been addressed by Campitor. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users