#1 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

So, I'm making this topic to be used as a collecting agency for all the people who used to stay at south Prontera field. If anybody is there raise your hand, I mean post something on this thread.

#2 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

Google kindly told me that Tambay means "a person who has nothing to do, or who is jobless or lazy".  

Jobless? I wish, I work way to much and don't have nearly as much time for RO as I used too. However, I am lazy, but I already max leveled so I guess I can be lazy? (subjective)

However, I have been AFKing and talking to people in South Pront since 2008. I enjoy afking there just to read some of the crazy conversations that occur. It is also a good place to talk to people/meet new friends. I do miss the old days where there were a lot of new players there as well, I always enjoyed helping them out. Sadly those numbers have decreased for various reasons.

tl:dr afking in south pront is fun because I like to read random conversations that are out of context and am to lazy to level alts.

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

I afk in south pront but I I'm not a tomboy or whatever. I have to afk if I want to keep this house -.- too many bills to pay that to actually play ro unless on my days off where I can chat and do some mvp for about 3 hours then I sleep for next day. Honestly I think south pront is a area where people actually have to leave the house so they just afk there to read the chats when they come home lol

#4 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

meron p bang mga tambay s south pront?? puro nsa eden nlng nakikita ko ehh. patay n kac Thor haha wla ng maxadu nalaro kaya eden is good enough na tambayan.

anyway, it would be nice if south pront at Thor became like the one in pRO valk server. everyone spamming DB/BB all day. having mini-games that alot of ppl do. giving away items, and chatting with everyone.

you can even see its state here in Thor Tavern, no one posts, and no one also checks the marketplace. the sad state of Thor server, sigh.

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

meron p bang mga tambay s south pront?? puro nsa eden nlng nakikita ko ehh. patay n kac Thor haha wla ng maxadu nalaro kaya eden is good enough na tambayan.

anyway, it would be nice if south pront at Thor became like the one in pRO valk server. everyone spamming DB/BB all day. having mini-games that alot of ppl do. giving away items, and chatting with everyone.

you can even see its state here in Thor Tavern, no one posts, and no one also checks the marketplace. the sad state of Thor server, sigh.

why not asking for thor to be merged with chaos *BringTheFlameUp*

#6 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:29 AM

Eden Kitchen looks good. Even if there were a lot of players in the past year/months, not many players from Thor use the forums. Some are just lurking for info.

#7 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

Google kindly told me that Tambay means "a person who has nothing to do, or who is jobless or lazy".  

Jobless? I wish, I work way to much and don't have nearly as much time for RO as I used too. However, I am lazy, but I already max leveled so I guess I can be lazy? (subjective)

However, I have been AFKing and talking to people in South Pront since 2008. I enjoy afking there just to read some of the crazy conversations that occur. It is also a good place to talk to people/meet new friends. I do miss the old days where there were a lot of new players there as well, I always enjoyed helping them out. Sadly those numbers have decreased for various reasons.

tl:dr afking in south pront is fun because I like to read random conversations that are out of context and am to lazy to level alts.

Yeah, that's what it means but in ROverse it's AFKing/chatting/lurking/sulking or anything that is not related to leveling.  :heh: Not generally meant as jobless but more like nothing to do inside ROverse so the option is "tambay".

In thor, haven't been there coz the people I am acquainted are are MIA. I'm always at eden now due to circumstances that the Exp event had brought.  :heh:

I see you once in a while in Chaos whenever I get there around 1PM PST if I'm not mistaken.  :heh:

I afk in south pront but I I'm not a tomboy or whatever. I have to afk if I want to keep this house -.- too many bills to pay that to actually play ro unless on my days off where I can chat and do some mvp for about 3 hours then I sleep for next day. Honestly I think south pront is a area where people actually have to leave the house so they just afk there to read the chats when they come home lol

Not tomboy but tambay. MilkyThief already explained the meaning of it.  :heh:

I do that often too in Thor and Chaos. Reading conversations coz I've got nothing to do and I'm not fond of grinding.

Haha. Oo nga. Kaso wala tayo magagawa don. Thor is thor and can't become Chaos.  :heh:  Maybe chaotic but not Chaos.

Valk before it died oo, pero ang state ng Prontera south field sa Thor is much worse than Valk's at near dying state. Kahit papasara na pRO madami pa din tambay sa south field noon. Sad truth.  :heh:

As it has been stated numerous of times by the staff, there are NO PLANS to merge Chaos and Thor servers.

As it turned out, that the topic is closed and can't be quoted anymore.  :heh:

Eden Kitchen looks good. Even if there were a lot of players in the past year/months, not many players from Thor use the forums. Some are just lurking for info.

That's spot on. I can count the people from Thor in the forum using my 12 fingers. I meant 10.  :heh:

#8 NormalPeople

NormalPeople

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Thor /Chaos, mostly Thor

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

yep,the tree on south field prontera is the good spot for me to just afk,until someone using amulet,or deadbranch  :pif:

#9 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

:heh: don't wanna ask for something that won't happen

i wanted the merge before, especially with the fallen fiasco where a lot of accounts got their item wiped, but it's too late now. people already bought items in the cash shop.

it would have been nice if they just wiped everyone's accounts except for the chars and then merged to chaos or even stayed at thor, just wipe everyone since others' items can't be recovered and the compensation span across every account, even the ones who got to keep their items.

yup, but you can't do some stuff in the kitchen when in "tambay". sometimes its nice to have a chat and then people start spamming their DB/BB in south pront. it was nice on valk that way. there's also the delay on DBs which i dont know why they put here in iRO. it's one of the for fun items we used and it's not that fun without spamming it. :heh:

Haha. Oo nga. Kaso wala tayo magagawa don. Thor is thor and can't become Chaos.  :heh:  Maybe chaotic but not Chaos.

Valk before it died oo, pero ang state ng Prontera south field sa Thor is much worse than Valk's at near dying state. Kahit papasara na pRO madami pa din tambay sa south field noon. Sad truth.  :heh:

yup, wla na ung dating ragnarok. well, i guess it's just that we should adapt. tayo nilipat dito ehh wla ng mgwa. sna lng dumami ng konti players s thor khit papano pra me kaparty man lng. hirap mkhnap ng pt kya most of the time solo lng. at ang tambayan nsa kitchen instead s field kya chat lng. ok un pero minsan ok parin meron thrill n mamamatay k bigla s spam ng DB o kaya BB haha

#10 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

tara tambay na dun

#11 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

I live in a different timezone from my guildmates so I go to prt_fild08 to chill sometimes even if I know nobody there. :p_cry:

#12 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

yep,the tree on south field prontera is the good spot for me to just afk,until someone using amulet,or deadbranch  :pif:

Yeah. I like that place. Now, I can't remember why.

yup, wla na ung dating ragnarok. well, i guess it's just that we should adapt. tayo nilipat dito ehh wla ng mgwa. sna lng dumami ng konti players s thor khit papano pra me kaparty man lng. hirap mkhnap ng pt kya most of the time solo lng. at ang tambayan nsa kitchen instead s field kya chat lng. ok un pero minsan ok parin meron thrill n mamamatay k bigla s spam ng DB o kaya BB haha

Haha. I agree. Iba pa din talaga sa field. Bigla ka nalang bubulagta ng wala sa oras or di kaya ma-warp sa ibang lugar. :heh: Ewan ko, madami pa naman dati player bago mag-sara pRO. Yong iba na kilala ko di din kase nag-migrate or di nakapag-migrate kaya di na din sila nakalaro. Sad truth.

tara tambay na dun

Walang forever eh. Baka makapag-sindi ako ng kandila dun ngayon Marso. :heh:

I live in a different timezone from my guildmates so I go to prt_fild08 to chill sometimes even if I know nobody there. :p_cry:

That's sad. I had once a partner back in pRO Valk who would stay until the sun comes out. :heh: Then in Thor, I had one as well. Unfortunately the both of them can't do it now due to work irl.

#13 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

That's sad. I had once a partner back in pRO Valk who would stay until the sun comes out. :heh: Then in Thor, I had one as well. Unfortunately the both of them can't do it now due to work irl.

I have some all-nighter guildies but they really can't do it all the time especially that we're all working now :heh:

besides i can't pull an all-nighter for RO anymore so it would be unfair for them lol

Edited by Exuro, 26 February 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#14 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

I have some all-nighter guildies but they really can't do it all the time especially that we're all working now :heh:

besides i can't pull an all-nighter for RO anymore so it would be unfair for them lol

That's nice but we are not a guild. Just a random bunch. Especially now in Thor, too diverse but not that diverse as what Chaos is. The field is still better imo, you can always expect the unexpected.  :heh:

As much as I'd like to hang out in Chaos it's impossible due to the fact that I can't multi-manage my attention. Haha. Maybe a scheduling would seem reasonable.

#15 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:03 AM

Walang forever eh. Baka makapag-sindi ako ng kandila dun ngayon Marso. :heh:

gawa nlng guild para sa tambay dun haha, lage din ako afk sa gef e

#16 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

gawa nlng guild para sa tambay dun haha, lage din ako afk sa gef e

Malabo na makabalik dun. Kung dumami lang sana population. Haha.

#17 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

one of my filipino friends told me that tambay from their country came from the root word istambay that came from 'stand by'. i don't know if that's the same 

#18 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

Yes it is. Most appropriate term would be idling.

#19 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

Those times when dB was disabled in southnpront made people not go there, i can still remember when i was excited to pop hundreds then realize it cant be done somehow

Dodging high level mobs is part of being a novice, been doing so for the past decade

#20 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

one of my filipino friends told me that tambay from their country came from the root word istambay that came from 'stand by'. i don't know if that's the same 

Recommended translation for tambay is "hang out"

1. To hang around or to loiter an area.

https://en.wiktionar...g/wiki/istambay

Edited by IJNRakki, 27 March 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#21 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

Do people still go to this map? :ani_swt3:

#22 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

Yes. I do it sometimes and some people who've done this as a habit but mostly it's a ghost map now.

#23 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Nah I am like a hermit, wandering alone on the outskirts of Payon :heh:

#24 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Maybe if you have time come visit the Eden Kitchen once in a while. Diversity at its best.

#25 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

I do visit Eden though, every night. But I just open a pub, buying something :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users