Need advice to find the right server for us - veterans starting new - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice to find the right server for us - veterans starting new

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aylinah

Aylinah

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Hey Guys,

We are a group of 3-5 people, who played Ragnarok Online over and over again, years ago. We played on euRO and some of us even tried fRO. Then we grew up, left the game, did our duties as grown-ups... and now we are missing the game of our youth.

So, we talked about "starting new" or "starting again" and then the question "But WHERE?!" popped up. Yeah, we could search for an illegal server with low rates, but we all are pretty lawful people, so meh on that idea. fRO seemed rather dead to us.

And then we were reminded of that other server, english speaking, still active (we hope?) and maybe our new home. Terms of Service was pretty, but it was not Ragnarok Online, you know? We want the oldschool farm festival with cute characters and the possibility to do stupid build, just because.

Here I am. Looking at these forums and thinking "The hell does it mean?!" and I need your advice, please!

We don't mind grinding, but we all had some rebirth chars and we would like to get to this point again, somewhere 2017 (ain't nobody got time for that!).

We will need equipment, which means we will need a guide on how to make zeny. No lucker in our group. Sucks to be us... ;)
Not sure about the renewal thing. I liked it, most of them did not. Are there transfer possible? Is there a pre-renewal server?

What type of server are there and how many players are there on average (non WoE)?
How is the price system? Is it very pay2win or can you get your gear with hard work and nerves of steel and a good film on netflix while you farm strawberries at wolves?
What is the best price option of VIP for people, who will play about 2 times a week?

And: Are there some german communities on the server? Part of us is not that fluent in english, so they'll need someone to chitchat about cats and kids and how to grill a steak medium rare. Just sayin'.

The maybe biggest question for me is: Are we wellcommmed here? Will we find a new home here?

Please help me find out. Thank you very much for spending your time with a blabbering old lady dreaming of times past.

Aylinah~

#2 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I will get right to answering this when I'm not out and about.

Quick Answer: You are very welcome. Its p2w but you can w w/o p if you just want to spend assloads of time here:3 Non-WoE environments are pretty active but there's so much focus on the end game that the only super active places are those that can speed you along.

#3 Aylinah

Aylinah

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

I can't play on Chaos, because every time I change the map, the game breaks. Cannot talk, walk to NPC, just nothing. That's pretty un-playable.

So Classic is my only option. Got some laggs there, this means I will never play a tank or priest. :(

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

Chaos caters to America timezones while Thor caters to Asia timezones. Might want to keep that in mind when it comes to peak activity.

#5 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

I ditched euRO to start here on iRO ~1 year ago.

Yes, euRO is pretty dead-ish now, because of many bad mistakes they made. Including pay2win-scam, "safety issues" and nerfing non-vip (called premium on euRO, their vip/infinity is something different) exp and drop rates. They undid the exp nerf, but it was only after most people have been long gone.

iRO has been much better in that reguard from what I can say till now.

If you don't care about WoE Chaos is a good pick imo. You find enough people online at "normal" times to get your TI done easily.

I don't know about german guilds, never looked for one. Instead I joined an international guild: More fun because there are always different people online depending on what time you log on. :)

Also people are generally friendly from my experience. You just need to learn to ignore the killsteals in TI, not that they really matter with how much mobs there are on those maps.

Prices are also much better on iRO.

Compare Raydric Card on euRO and on iRO.

Zeny are best earned by doing instances and selling loots from there like OCAs, Thanatos Weapons, etc. You can also convert your Eden merit badges from doing TI or Bounty Boards to Rest Stones and sell those for early cash.

Selling a few kp to get yourself started makes everything a bit faster, but is totally not needed.

(Can't say anything about Thor. :v)

Edited by kubikyuu, 06 January 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Reasons to join iRO:

I'm here( not really, but still)

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hey come over to classic, we have a few people playing from fRO / europe. The server is smallish and the pay2win isn't very bad at all, you can earn everything through ingame play.  The server is a moderately high rate so its not too painful starting from nothing 

#8 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hallo Fraulein Aylinah,

iRO got 3 servers to choose, 2 renewal servers and 1 classic/pre-renewal server.

Renewal Servers :

• iRO got Chaos Renewal server resulted from previous iRO original servers merge which have the highest population (its 2k-ish players right now including AFK vendors and bots) among three of available servers to play, you can find almost any players from all around the continents like americans, europeans, asians, australians, africans (maybe, never heard/saw african players ingame or inside iRO forum though (^^)a) as a result of wide geographical varieties of players inhabiting chaos you can always find active players at any time here :heh:
  • 2nd Renewal server is Thor which is opened to cater former pRO player migrants due to pRO local service closure, it's now intended for asian players and the WoE timing also prefer asian time range as opposed to chaos server which preferable for american players. Its less populated than Chaos Renewal (700-ish players right now including AFK vendors and bots)

Classic server

It's on different game client than renewal does, the current population is less than renewal servers I think (maybe some classic active players can share the current numbers?). Some people who prefer the classic game mechanics choose to play in classic server despite its low population and lack of future contents.

P2W aspect

Renewal got higher focus on P2W aspect than classic due to massive amount of fancier item mall consumables, gears and costume varieties offered in cash shop than the non-cash items counterparts.

if you ever need fastest shortcut to earn billions of zeny you can always selling cash shop items in exchange for zeny which most of the time always selling well. Although there's many other way to earn zeny w/o spending euros (real money) but requires extra time and effort like you can farm and sell loots from various instances offered by the game at high level, selling magical stone/reset stone from eden merit badge exchange which you will earn by clearing given quests such as bounty board quest and gramps turn in, earning extra margin by speculating with items future market price with the help of ragial.com, getting paid by participating in WoE/WoE TE guild check this page for guild opening (some guilds offered zeny rewards for their members participation / accomplishment during WoE) and so on :heh:

About the character transfer / migration from euRO or fRO, I think it's not possible as long iRO and aforementioned servers got no agreements. Although technically speaking its possible, Thor server existence is the concrete proof of the characters transfer/ migration from other server.

About the VIP subscription, I cant give you lots of suggestion because I rarely subscribed to it due to my local lousy currency exchange rate. However when I subscribed to VIP I really felt the concrete added value provided for VIP players which is really helpful and provide lots of convenience for my gameplay progression. :heh:

About the german players/ community, you can try making thread in RO International Language Discussion page. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of Germans playing iRO too but maybe they're less active in forums because I spotted more Deutsche speaking players in game than in forums :p_smile:

Wilkommen zu iRO, hope your friends and you will have a pleasant stay here :p_laugh:

#9 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

come to thor
we have few
as in few boss cards and rare
as in very rare god items
ver very very rare as for now
come and play with us we make a better future
but always check your time check we are not PST

#10 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

I can't play on Chaos, because every time I change the map, the game breaks. Cannot talk, walk to NPC, just nothing. That's pretty un-playable.

It's a glitch where the game window loses focus partially. Alt-tab fixes it.

Related thread:

https://forums.warpp...456-cant-click/

#11 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

Classic - Classic RO

Chaos - Previous iRO servers merged together. Items and equipment for sale are abundant as well as Zenny. (A much healthier market)

Thor - Migrated from pRO with gear refines supposedly adjusted to iRO averages with Mini-Boss, Boss cards and zenny wiped. Due to lack of activity for zenny making through loot selling or possibly because of hoarding, certain gears and consumables are cheaper when compared to Chaos. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users