Starting class for someone with no funds? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Starting class for someone with no funds?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GlacialCrow

GlacialCrow

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Creator and sorc don't sound like the friendliest classes to someone who doesn't have access to good gear, just wondering what classes would be the opposite of that? Mainly looking at pve since I don't have any friends playing anymore so I want to be able to solo more. :pif:

#2 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

The two easiest classes for beginers to make are Assassins and Hunters. Both classes can be geared well cheaply and focus on pvm. As a GX you get rolling cutter so you can mob easily. As a ranger, arrow storm is your best bet. Slap on an elevn bow and white wing set and you are good to go for a bit.

As for the people to play with check out the recruitment section of the forums. If you are on Chaos you can find people on south pront field. One map south of prontera. Level 20+.

Good luck feel free to post if you got any more questions.

#3 GlacialCrow

GlacialCrow

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Oh that's great to hear, I thought assassins were really cool looking. Ranger is tempting too though..

Are there any reliable sites with pve builds? I did some searching a few months ago but I think the websites were either out of date or made the assumption you had optimal gear.

#4 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

iROwiki is pretty up to date for Rangers http://irowiki.org/wiki/Ranger

Follow Arrow Storm build up to 125 then start merging into the "hybrid" one

For the journey pre-Ranger most people would just go pure AGI/DEX/LUK (With some VIT of course) or AGI/INT + lots of Strawberries (Again with VIT)

Life of a Ranger is pretty simple to be honest...

No idea about GXs

#5 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

GX guide

GX solo instances

Once you have a HBP (best at +9, but can easily have lower upgrades), Rideword Hat (best at +9) and a Hunterfly carded Katar (Thanatos Katar for 120+, anything else until then) you won't need any single pot and just generate zeny from grinding.

EDP combined with Rolling Cutter and leech gears (the Rideword hat and Hunterfly Katar) will keep yourt hp/sp up, while the HBP allows for fast looting (as well as a lot of nice boni if it is +7 or +9).

#6 DirgeCometfell

DirgeCometfell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Living In The Database

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Heroic Backpack,Rideword Hat, 3ple HF jur on a GX pop EDP. you can generate 1mil worth of loots/30 minutes in Nogg2. even with the equips at +0 EDP will make you dish out good damage, #1 rule always EDP, rule #2 refer to rule 1. you can go from thief to GX  using eden equips. refer to Fuyu's speed leveling guide.

#7 GlacialCrow

GlacialCrow

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Omg, wow thanks everyone! All of that is super helpful and just what I needed. :thx:

#8 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

I recommend Blacksmith as first or starting character

can Discount pots / vending , overcharge loots / Greed is really nice for farming  while other class need HBP to have this skill

BTW this class is really hard on early because lacks of AOE skill  till Job 35 to complete Cart Revolution quest

and it's the only AOE skill for your class  (Compare to other second melee classes they have stronger AOE skills such as Knight's BB)

when changed to Blacksmith  ,  complete Greed skill quest and go greeding in Orc Dungeon 2 is really good at early

or Stalactic Golems  , have bounty board  and good price loots for overcharge / drop elu

when reach Lv. 85 , go greeding in Low TI  if this week have good price loots 

find party to level you up   your role need to be the party leader and puller  

you're lacks of AOE or any useful buff skills  

just pulling mobs to stronger AOE classes  then greed dropped items for reward

(Warning : Move  Power Thrust away from shortcut before going low TI  , party will be upset if their weapon broken because of this buff :<)

When level 99 , don't go rebirth yet   still farm in low TI till you have enough money for mid-high end gears 

or have  HBP  spare for other character

(+0 Clean for low budget , need only Greed skill for farming , not plan for high level / +9 Immune is fine , all-round garment for your alt characters) 

second character should be  Ranger , GX , RK (recommend for DB or hybrid DB+IB)  and when they strong enough , play as main character 

with HBP  they'll be better farming ability than Blacksmith  

Then your Blacksmith should spare for DC/OC/Vending slave or  go rebirth 

stay forever as Mastersmith 99/70 for upgrading weapons (better success rate than NPC) / forever low TI greeding 

or  change to Mechanic  if you want to continue as main character  

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 24 January 2017 - 03:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users